[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Keys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: the keyz nigga.gif (26KB, 405x155px) Image search: [Google]
the keyz nigga.gif
26KB, 405x155px
Gal pal wants to go to the Keys in Florida for our anniversary this year. Planning on spending six or so days there. We want this to happen in December so we're trying to plan it now while there's still wiggle room.
Where in the Keys would be best for us to stay that would have the most amount of stuff to do? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.
Pic related it's the Keys.
>>
In the middle, islamadora or marathon. Its easy to get to either end of the keys.
>>
File: 100_5005.jpg (924KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
100_5005.jpg
924KB, 2304x1728px
>>1227203
Second this. I used to live in marathon, great beach.

Id suggest getting a snorkel and fins, I unintentionally swam with some friendly dolphins.
>>
>>1227203
>>1227223
Yeah after some research girl and I were leaning more towards Marathon.
Another question, would you guys recommend renting a car? It seems like bussing is terrible down there but we want to keep things cost effective.
>>
You can fly into Miami or FTL and pick up a rental. Not sure what you wish to do in Miami, but a nice evening can be hand on Lincoln Road to the week hours, a good lie in and respite day shopping and dining, and maybe a soak at Venetian Pool, or bite in the Gables or Little Havana, and then get on the road. Get up early and drive down the scenic route, miami through brickell, coconut grove, down main hightway, down old cutler road, could stop at matheson hammock or fairchild tropical garden, allll the way to Homestead (could grab a mexican bite there), then to Key Largo.
Make a reservation to snorkel at John Pennekamp state park to go out on one of their boats. These reefs are close to the surface, and pretty nice.
An excellent anniversary night could be had at the Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada. It's one of the most historical places, as well.
https://www.cheeca.com/resort/history
Even if you don't splurge a night there, you do want at least a night in Islamorada which has some great day trips you could do on a charter to get some nice fishing done. It's pretty fun to dine and drink there from the tiki bar to the green turtle inn, or near Whale Harbor Inn and watch the catches come in on all the boats, worth a good walk around anyway (heard they were temporarily closed for a kitchen fire).
From Islamorada, you've cut your drive in half (it's 3 hours total nonstop, usually). There's a nice resort in Duck Key, but I suggest through marathon and over the 7mi bridge and Bahia Honda state park for a stop, to swim and look at the old bridge. Lots of sponges.
This lower Keys area is the prettiest drive, seeing the water both sides of the road...heavenly. It gets a bit chaotic once you're on Key West, but there are some damn cute guesthouses and B&Bs that get it right. I do recommend a bit of literary history fun to read up on the good ol days of shipwrecking, hemingway era, dry tortugas fort stuff, etc Hit up mallory square at sunset.
>>
>>1227390
>Another question, would you guys recommend renting a car? It seems like bussing is terrible down there but we want to keep things cost effective.
Yea you absolutely need a car. Going to the Florida keys is either a boat trip or a self-drive trip. It's the only way to see the islands right.
>>
>>1227390
absolutely rent a car. DESU. there isnt much to do in the keys, and most beaches suck.

The fishing is great, the snorkeling is fun, but other than that, there isnt much else.

Keywest has some fun nightlife, if you like taking dicks.
>>
File: 100_4986.jpg (916KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
100_4986.jpg
916KB, 2304x1728px
>>1227475
I kid, it is 4chan. But if you want to have fun in the keys on the cheap, keywest has the nightlife and marathon has the watersports. Rent a car, and there is no point in going north, You might as well be staying in Miami If you care about anything north of islamerelda or however the fuck you spell it.

Nice place to visit, dont try living there.
>>
>>1227404
>>1227478
I really appreciate all this advice, having activity and location reccs is always great.
Just out of curiosity, how easy is it to procure weed there? I'm assuming it's pretty easy but we're both socially retarded and don't know how to go approach the buying (we're from weed legal state so we just buy it in stores normally).
>>
>>1227390
Get a car, unless you want to ride greyhound with a bunch of methheads. Its a gorgeous drive
Marathon is alright, but there isnt much to do that isnt beach related. If your girl is outdoorsy consider charter fishing and go as heavy as you want, or just use a party boat (not recommended) Youll catch something, but it will be guppies compared to what lurks in those waters. DESU your better off shorecasting .
Id suggest flying into MIA or FLL. It will probably be cheaper than flying into EYW. But absolutely check out EYW when your down there. Id suggest getting a hotel for the night, you will get drunk.
>>
File: 100_5007.jpg (899KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
100_5007.jpg
899KB, 2304x1728px
>>1227516
EYW is probably pretty easy, Just watch out if your buying off the street for undercovers, they generally maintain the "cop stance" and authoratative aura even in plainclothes. Just look for a skethy looking person, being drunk helps because they will know youre not a cop.

Thats a party town. I was getting drug tested when I was down there but I did score a few times off my neighbors. Try some of the divey bars in marathon (aka methathon) Strike up a conversation with some locals, you might get lucky and they'll be holding, but dont immediately bring up the topic. Just tell them what your there for and be like, "man Im looking to hit up the beach tommorow, it would suck to not have some herb." It's a small town, they probably at least know a guy.

Pic from the other side of Marathon beach
>>
>>1227189
oh, another herb tip, when your out to eat if your server is youngish, ask them where you can score herb when they hand you the bill. Foodservice is full of drug addicts, and there isnt much to do down there. Shit, your cook might even be holding. The first they will say is no, and you'll never see them again.
>>
Go on a snorkeling trip at John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo. It’s affordable and very well worth it.

I was in the Keys last year for a few days. I stayed at the Smallest Bar In The World hotel in Key West. It was great. The Florida Keys are a place to go to relax and take it easy.

Each Key is very tiny. Key West is the most popular and happenin’ one and it has a fun night life on Friday and Saturday nights but it’s dead all other nights. Walk up and down Duval Street. Every day during sunset, Mallory Square is full of street performers and acrobats for the tourists. They’re fun to watch.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.