[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next Level Squatting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1489887807534.jpg (391KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
1489887807534.jpg
391KB, 600x780px
>buy shipping container
>furnish as efficiency apartment
>drop it somewhere nobody cares where it would appear to fit in
>decorate surroundings with appropriate objects in order to disuade curiosity & foot-trafic

NYC is riddled with suitable nooks & crannies -- under bridges, burned-down lots, forgotten alleys, broken sidestreets -- many of which appear to be under perpetual construction, their perimeters defined by caution tape, water barrels, cones, signs, plywood, fencing, etc, etc....

Placed in the right location with proper camouflage, I think I could get away with rent-free living thusly for years.

What do you think?
>>
>>1227047
Sounds great until
>You need to take a dump
>want reliable electricity
>want HVAC
>when someone figures out what you are doing they could literally ship your house away
>need proper residence for job

Why not just go live in a fucking trailerpark like normal poor people?
>>
>>1227048
>when someone figures out what you are doing they could literally ship your house away

you know, this could be actually desirable... Fuck, you could even *pay* in order to move your house to another country every couple of years

OP, the idea's pretty good
>>
File: 1489793700209.png (464KB, 3999x3801px) Image search: [Google]
1489793700209.png
464KB, 3999x3801px
>>1227048
>normal
>>
>>1227047
I like brainstorming stuff like this too. I got to say I can see a lot of issues with this though, if every block of every city is watched. If you are not on the radar of law enforcement in a city like New York you better be ready for anything. There is also the fact that anyone that you know that knows where you live could ruin your life in an instant by reporting you which would put you in the undesirable position of never pissing anyone off in the slightest.

There was a guy on youtube that was doing this. He had a toilet that he put a barrel in, he had a jacuzzi he would fill with hot water, and a refrigerator and everything. His pad was nice, but at the end of the day i would have preferred a studio apartment in a bad parft of town over it. Competent plumbing is a huge deal man, either that or a natural expanse wide enough to constantly take craps and never have to look at them or smell them.
>>
>>1227055
I'd be more willing to live in a trailer park than some random place in NYC in a shipping container without any plumming, heating/cooling, or garunteed that the city own't ship your house off
>>
>>1227047
I would take your idea further OP.

Get some guys ,savety vests, helmets and shovels. Set up your fake construction Site in Central Park (Nobody will ever question your authority as long as you wear an orange safety vest).

Dig a giant hole in the ground and lower your container in there. Set up a secret entrance somewhere and secret ventilation. Cover everything with grass. This would take 2 or 3 days max and just need a couple thousand dollars and a few men.

You can even expand your underground kingdom once you are underground. Bild tunnels that connect to the metro for fast transportation.
>>
>>1227080
there is exactly one flaw in this plan:
now everybody will try to do this, changing central park into a giant hole
>>
>>1227080
>Dig a giant hole in the ground and lower your container in there. Set up a secret entrance somewhere and secret ventilation.

>Rains a lot
>OP now lives in a fishtank
>>
>>1227080
>Nobody will ever question your authority as long as you wear an orange safety vest
I don't know why but I just found this kind of humorous.
>>
>>1227115
Plot twist:
OP was a fish all along.
Nobody questioned him, forhe was wearing an orange vest
>>
It's not 1977 anymore, that shit won't work. Forgotten alleys? Where?
>>
>>1227047
I'd rather use a small RV and find a place to park it, or a few places i could switch between
>>
File: ComedyGold.jpg (21KB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
ComedyGold.jpg
21KB, 370x278px
>>1227126
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.