[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miami beach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: miami-beach-condos-7.jpg (167KB, 950x520px) Image search: [Google]
miami-beach-condos-7.jpg
167KB, 950x520px
hi,
I am going to spend 2 weeks in miami beach with my gf, any tips what to do there?

i have planed:

miami beach 1 week, key west 1 day tour, everglades, key biscaine, and maybe 1 week on fort myers beach..

i probably will buy a GO Miami Card, is this a good option?

me and my gf mostly love beaches, nature and wild animals.. and anything strange :D i have read many things about manatees, crocodiles and so on..

how are the prices for food in miami (its my first time in Usa), how much should i plan /day for healthy food, but good junk is also ok from time to time..
>>
>>1226599
Honestly I could recommend a thousand places better than Miami in respect to what you are looking for.

Did you already book the flights?

If not I'll tell you better places to invest your time and money into.
>>
>>1226611

yeah, i saw cheap tickets to miami from vienna, so i made a spontanous decision.. and booked them..

i hope my first US Experience, will be a good one, is miami safe?
>>
>>1226644

Miami is not the safest US city, but you should be fine sticking to the touristy areas.

However, if I was going to Florida (and I have), and wanted beaches, I would immediately either (a) drive south and spend time in the Keys *other than Key West*, or (b) drive west and spend time on the Gulf Coast.

Key West is basically full of drunken tourists. The other Keys are nicer and whatever tourists are there are nicer too.
>>
>>1226659

oh really? are there no go places?

i booked a hotel on miami mid beach for the first week after that i want go to fort myers beach or maybe sanibel or is another place better? naples?
>>
>>1226685

I wouldn't say "no go" places but you could look at http://www.crimemapping.com/map/fl/miami-dadecounty

The beaches at/near Miami are safe. West of I-95 expressway is a section that is not as safe.

Ft. Myers, Sanibel/Captiva, and north of that all the way at least to Clearwater are all quite nice.
>>
>>1226690

P.S., to give some context, I wouldn't have any problems in nearly all of Paris but wouldn't visit the banleius voluntarily. The only time I was really kind of worried on my travels was downtown Kingston Jamaica on a Saturday night, and the Dominican Republic during mass student strikes...
>>
Key West is awesome, you should spend some nights there
>>
Go to the erotic art museum, its just behind ocean drive, its really funny. Dont pay the extra 5 bucks for the temporary exhibit, its just a bunch of black n white faggot photos.
At key biscayne see if you can go on a stiltsville tour. I saw a small croc at matheson beach park. Never seen any manatees anywhere, but i think im just unlucky.
Oleta river state park is quite nice if you want nature in the city, the kayaking is fun there.

Do they drive you all the way down to key west? its pretty long drive and if its just a day trip you will hardly get any time there really. Key west was really tacky in my opinion, reminded me of cancun. Its okay for a day and night though.
The other keys are much nicer. Its all about boats there though, and I felt in the everglades it was all about boats too, you see and experience it way better as its mostly water.
If you can, get to Naples, I wanted to go there, it looks really good and theres some manatee kayak tour there where they seem to see manatees every day.

Eating is not too expensive, just dont eat every meal at really fancy places and you will be fine. I guess maybe $60 on average per day.

I guess the suburbs arent really safe but why would you even be in them? theres just houses and wallyworld.

>>1226659

nigga wat? the beach at miami is nice. the beach at key biscayne is one of the nicest.
>>
Op, remember, there is a difference between Miami the city, and Miami Beach. Stay away from Miami the city. It’s a toilet. Miami Beach/South Beach are what you’re looking for.
>>
>>1226599
For a first time visit Miami is awesome, albeit expensive. The beaches are gorgeous and the clubs are top notch. It is touristy as hell, but what can you expect from Miami...?

Like some others said, you don't really want to venture into the city, stay on the coast. There are many beaches in between Miami and Ft Lauderdale that are great, and can get you away from the crowds.

If you are renting a car, highly recommended you drive down to the keys. Islamorada is a nice little island about half way to Key West.

DO NOT GO SWIMMING AT NIGHT. I don't say that because of the sea creatures, I say this because there are people who comb the beaches at night stealing people's purses/bags/clothes that they leave on the beach while they swim. Don't think no one is watching, because they are. I know 2 or 3 friends who went skinny dipping and lost all their shit.

Mango's is a must visit club, once again touristy, but it's a show and cllub, lots of fun for a night.
>>
>>1226599
Op, your plans seem okay. I'd vote Marco Island and Naples for an overnight after a good day in like the Cypress Strand boardwalk or an early morning at Shark Valley, then up to Sanibel rather than stopping much in Ft Myers for anything much more than the Ford Winter Estate or a boat cruise. Matlacha is cute for an evening meal.

I would suggest while on Miami Beach, you realize you will want to be on Lincoln Road at night, not so much Ocean Drive or Washington. When you have your car, you can go to the beach at the end of Key Biscayne which has a little fee but keeps the people away too. Coral Gables has superb restaurants, safe nightlife, and some museums and fun around. Try out Venetian Pool, brunch at the Biltmore.
>>
>>1226599
>manatees
You can swim with manatees in Silver Spring Fl, which isn't that far from Sanibel.

miami is height of the season right now, it's a good time to be there. >>1226690
>The beaches at/near Miami are safe. West of I-95 expressway is a section that is not as safe.
This is good advice. You need to know the neighborhoods well when driving off the beach anywhere between 22nd and 163rd can be creepy. Stick with MacArthur, Venetian causeways, really.

Key West at dark at Mallory Square is not to be missed. Bike around, do the hemingway and other museums, and maybe take a boat out to the Dry Tortugas, or to snorkel or fish. On the way down or way back from Key West, you can stop in Islamorada for a drink watch what the catch is bringing in.
>>
>fort Lauderdale native here
Miami is honestly a shit hole, especially if you are into nature, there are plenty of much better spots in southern florida.
Flamingo (southwest of miami) is a great place to view florida Bay and your best chance at seeing crocodiles
Naples is great for chill beach time.
Sanibel is great for hands on Florida nature, do kayaking there, go shelling/visit shell museum (your gf will love this).
Key West and marathon are tourist bait. Go to Islamorada, Tavernier, or any of the small southern keys instead. Great fishing charters here if you want a very different fishing experience then you're used to.
Any everglades park is a good choice for gator viewing (they are everywhere). I would recommend an airboat tour as its a unique thing to cruise the sawgrass fields.
>>
>>1226659
Don't listen to this faggot, Key West is pretty cool if you get off Duval Street. Sevenfish is one of the best seafood restaurants i've ever had. There are cool historic homes, great food, nice people and beautiful sunsets.

Miami for 2 weeks sounds excruciating. I'd recommend renting a car, driving to the Keys, stopping in Islamorada and Bahia Honda for a day apiece, Key West for 2 nights. You won't recommend making thr drive back and forth from Miami, it's beautiful.
>>
>>1227087
Oh also in terms of food. South Florida is renowned for its seafood, not much else. Absolutely get conch fritters, chowder, or salad in the keys, BUT not anywhere else or You will get food poisoning.

For west coast get snapper, grouper, or shrimp/crab.

In everglades, you can try fresh sugarcane products. However it tastes like grassy sugar, big surprise there right?

For anywhere at all down here, get Mahi Mahi (recommend coconut fried imo) and also try alligator at least once.
>>
>>1227094
>Absolutely get conch fritters, chowder, or salad in the keys, BUT not anywhere else or You will get food poisoning.
Ahh, not true. 100% of conch is from the bahamas, frozen, anywhere you try to get it in Florida. It's not fished in Florida waters because it is protected.
https://www.fws.gov/international/animals/queen-conch.html

OP should get stone crab claws though, which are in season til mid-May! Harvest is up, so price is down. Enjoy! Joe's on Miami Beach is premium prices but good historical joint. Another alternative is to go to the cozier fresh seafood places on the miami river or intracoastal. Garcias,
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.