[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find host families to stay with in Mongolia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2053.jpg (761KB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2053.jpg
761KB, 2500x1667px
Going off previous thread.
>>
Mongolia is a very remote country and the infrastructure outside the capital is almost nonexistent, therefore what you can do is find a yurt, talk to the family and i'm sure an arrangement can be made with them
>>
>>1226587
>therefore what you can do is find a yurt, talk to the family and i'm sure an arrangement can be made with them
nobody speaks english outside UB so, good luck with that. I traveled across mongolia by motorcycle and people on the steppe invite you to their home, that's their custom, but they expect you to stay one night max, if at all.
There are volunteer work projects you can do, which place you with mongolian families.
You should realise though that if you stay with a legit nomadic family, you will have to work. All day, regardless of conditions. And the work will be hard. There will be no access to showers etc. or any kind of western comforts.
heres something i found
https://www.workaway.info/267562418995-en.html
>>
here's another
http://www.wwoofindependents.org/host-list/mongolia/
>>
>>1226641
>>1226662
Sounds like just the thing I was looking for!
Thanks, anon.
>>
and another
http://www.wwoofindependents.org/host-list/WWOOF-MN-11/
>>
trade them copper and kerosene for a bed and a night with there daughter
>>
>>1226587
What you want to find isn't easy but those WOOF links look like the best way to do it by a long shot.

I would have suggested going to UB and staying for a while to get a feel for the culture and language first. It has a lot of hostels and since you want to stay a while, you could go late in the winter (staying in UB while you arrange something) and get the whole summer season to go work with nomads. Mongolian winter is a bit worse than Canada, you're looking at -40c overnight sometimes. The hostels and guest houses are likely to have contacts too but WOOF would be better IMO.

There aren't heaps of nomads left but they exist, mostly, some guy owns a herd of horses/cows/sheep and lives in UB while poorer workers herd his livestock for him out in the grasslands.
>>
>>1226641
>nobody speaks english outside UB
bullshit, I met plenty of fair english speakers on the steppes.
And the elderly spoke a bit of russian
>>
Try visiting Russia instead.
>>
>>1226906
>bullshit, I met plenty of fair english speakers on the steppes.
if you go on organised tours, yes.
those that take you to 'genuine 100% authentic nomad people' villages, who amazingly aren't nomadic, conveniently live just a 40 minute drive outside UB in a very scenic spot, oh and they also have a bunch of spare yurts for you and the other morons to sleep in, how handy!
go meet real mongolian steppe people and i can promise they wont know a word of english.
>>
>>1228180
I hitchhiked, have never in my life been on an organised tour. I went through the central part of the country, about 200-300km west from UB.
>>
>>1228180
also, you are the most RealTraveller(TM) I've ever seen on this site
>>
>>1228178
>Korea thread
>"go to Japan"

>Bhutan thread
>"go to Nepal"

>Pakistan thread
>"go to India"

>New Zealand thread
>"go to Australia"

>Mongolia thread
>"go to Russia"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.