[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business class addiction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: tmp_14299-+1ZhIfO-1136300018.jpg (211KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14299-+1ZhIfO-1136300018.jpg
211KB, 900x600px
Who else is addicted to flying business class? Full flat bed and sipping champagne.

Booked 14 hour flights with turkish airlines business in september. My longest flights (of 300+ total) so far.

I only book business class special offers however. This shit is just too expensive otherwise.
>>
Hello from up in the air, first class. Plebs fly in business class.
>>
>>1226507
Pseudo-business class on short flights is the true redpill. I can't afford proper business class but I always get last minute upgrade deals on 3-5 hour flights and the easier checking in and boarding is worth the 100-150 euro pricetag alone.
>>
File: tmp_28562-+12F89-178291936.jpg (206KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28562-+12F89-178291936.jpg
206KB, 900x675px
>>1226522
Yeah, only real advantage of those flights is the better food.
>>
>>1226509
>paying 10 times the price of business class for slightly larger seats
Trust fund babbies really are retarded.
>>
>>1226507
Nah OP. I'm addicted to Ryanair. It's so good to be so close to sweaty people (especially if they are hot) and I love the satisfaction of hearing those trumpets when you land announcing that you're lucky and you have arrived early and that you are still alive. Of course I could easily afford business class if I wanted to (who the fuck can't these days?) but I just love everything about flying with Ryanair.

Easyjet is alright too.
>>
>>1226522
What's the point of earlier boarding? you're all gonna end up on the same plane and you will also end up waiting for the other passengers
>>
>>1226522
I guess your financial situation is far better than mine, then.

Also, as the one above me said, why the fuck do you want early boarding?
>>
>>1226593
And what's the point of spending so much more money for one or two better meals? Eat before you take off and wait until you land if the food is so awful.

Some anon was asking about business travel on /trv/ a month or so back. He felt bad because he'd never flown business class before and, like your typical insecure and neurotic 4chan user, was convinced that he was being cheated out of some great experience.

I think most people on this board would rather save the money and FF points for extra flights, not for upgrads. This is a "travel" board, after all, not a "sitting in a more comfortable seat drinking famous brand orange juice" board.
>>
>>1226602

You realize that it is about having a full bed in the plane where you get real sleep instead of being cramped into a seat and not about some meal, right?

The meal conversation above was about short flights. Those however are mostly not booked alone but just included as feeder flight for your longhaul flight.

But I understand your thoughts. Nobody who has never experienced the diffrence can really relate. Belive me, after your first really business flight you don't want to cramp yourself in economy anymore.
>>
>>1226608
But paying 3-4 times the price for a bigger bed and better meals, even for a 10-12-hour flight, seems ridiculous. Then I'd rather endure a cramped flight to some cheap Asian destinations and check right into a luxury resort or a really nice hotel. I bet you get more value for your money that way
>>
>>1226608
I have, though, Abu Dhabi to London on Etihad; it was very nice, but not something I would regularly pay for at the cost of missing out on an extra trip. I simply feel it's not worth it when you put it all in perspective. There's plenty of times when I've been stuck in economy that I wish I could be in business, but that feeling passes. And /trv/ is a place where people ask about barebacking with Thai hookers; pampering and luxury really isn't a big deal here.
>>
>>1226602
I'm claustrophobic as hell and I have a broad build, if I can afford not spending hours upon hours being packed like fucking livestock you bet your ass I'll do it.
>>
>>1226617
I don't know your financial situation, but we might just have different ideas about when we can afford it. I'd have to have quite a lot of money before prioritizing business class.
>>
>>1226621
I have to say I don't travel often at all so when I do I allow myself to splurge.
>>
>>1226622
Alright, fair enough. I've never tried business class, but whenever I've looked for plane tickets and tried checking out the prices for business class and they're usually 3-4 times more expensive than an economy ticket. Do you buy them at those prices, or do you only buy them with credits or if there's a good offer?
>>
>>1226632
I use google flights, usually it's about 3 times the price.
>>
>>1226621
>I'd have to have quite a lot of money before prioritizing business class.

I have a 7-digit net worth and never fly anything but cattle car class, unless someone else is paying the bills.
>>
>>1226522
You save like a whole 5-10 minutes not standing in the line to board and check in. Do you really earn 1000-2000 euro per hour to make it worth the price tag? I guess not because if you earned that much you wouldn't be booking flights yourself, and most likely you wouldn't be flying on regular flights at all, taking private business jets instead.
>>
>>1226670
>net worth
Do you make a lot every month? If yes, I don't understand you
>>
>>1226632
I once booked a fligh to dubai with bonus miles (still $700 to pay for tax and shit) and the other flights where fully paid but all good offers. I book business whenever I think it's worth it. Most of the times that occurs when the whole flight is especially cheap. So business is still 3 times the economy price on those flights but only 1.5 or 2 times the price of what the same rout normally costs.

Also flying business gives you a lot of miles which enables you to get a frequent traveller status. With the star alliance gold status I get all business class advantages on the ground even if I fly economy. Lounge access, extra baggae and so on really makes travelling much more fun.
>>
>>1226617
>I'm claustrophobic as hell and I have a broad build
lardass detected
>>
>>1226565
>implying I didn't pay for a business class seat and just get an upgrade
>>
>>1226704
Lufthansa? Miles'n'more Senator here. The perks of it and SA gold are pretty nice.
>>
>>1226708
No, not LH. Just using the LH Senator Lounges all the time ;-)
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1226507
So what's the point, OP? You want to underline how much of a cool kid you are so all the plebs around would cry in Ryanair?
I'll tell you then: your last phrase ruins the whole post. Almost no one pays for the business class from their own money.
>>
File: tmp_13155-+9Q84l1828536608.jpg (147KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13155-+9Q84l1828536608.jpg
147KB, 900x600px
>>1226730
Nope, I fly economy way too often to fit your kiddie idea.

I just wanted to share thouhts with other guys who prefere comfy travelling. As you can read there are some.

But the childish mimimi posts startes to make this thread really entertaining.

Champagne on that!
>>
>>1226734
Wow, you're such a grown up. Very nice to see people like you around here: calm and mature.
>>
>>1226736

I just tend to respond to people on intellectual eye-level...
>>
File: IMG_20170308_162428.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170308_162428.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>business class
>>
>>1226695
>Do you make a lot every month? If yes, I don't understand you

I like to save money, and I like to spend it on other things than airline tickets. Like, for example, on stuff to do when I get where I'm going...
>>
Well the golden rule is: Don't fly business if there would not be enough money for good hotels and nice adventures left. Thought that's common sense..
>>
I would much prefer to save money, regardless of my financial situation; it's always been a habit of mine.

However, that said, I actually might spend the extra money for Business Class for my next flight. I was literally butthurt from the Economy Class seats the last time I flew.
>>
>>1226560
man i was upgraded to business class on a flight from Paris to Bilbao, damn the food was restaurant tier
>>
>>1226560
>Yeah, only real advantage of those flights is the better food.
It's also nice not to be surrounded by people who couldn't be bothered to spend another $50. It weeds out some of the undesirable people who make a long flight really grating. The seat improvement, legroom improvement, and better service goes without saying. It's also nice not to have anyone that has to move their shit to let you out to go to the bathroom.
>>
>>1226593
They're serving you liquor and snacks that are better than what the coach flyers get for meals while you wait.
>>
>>1226595
So you can put your properly-sized carryon bag into an overhead compartment before the fucking newfags come along and take all the room
>>
>tfw might fly from LA to Paris in August if my study abroad program gets accepted
>tfw will fly economy and it will be the first time i've flown 3+ hours on a plane since I was 11 years old
>tfw that combined with flight anxiety

fuck me i'm in for a real treat
>>
I am a poorfag and when there are deals for like 2 euro, i always upgrade with ryanair just to smug people queueing one hour before the boarding start.
>>
>>1226507
>be 6'2"
>fly from San Francisco to Auckland on United
>coach
>window seat
>13 hours upright with no leg room
>didn't sleep
I fly Southwest domestic so I can manage that, but anything over 5 hours (and on another airline) I'll be upgrading from now on. Within reason.

>>1226872
Good luck.
>>
>>1226842
This
>>
>>1226765
But that's why I asked you whether you still have a good, stable income in a range that "fits" your net worth. If you do, my point was that you don't even NEED to save up money
>>
>>1226842
Why is that so important?
>>
>>1226947
You don't want to have your carryon under the seat in front of you cause that's the space where your feet should be...

You never saw a full plane with a lot of carry on bags. Coming last means sitting on your bag.
>>
>>1226705
Nah, I just have legitimately wide shoulders. If I was fat I wouldn't be scared to say it on a cambodian basket-weaving image board.
>>
>>1226565
>Not getting the upgrade to use the business class Gym inflight

It's like you don't care about any part of your body in regards to looking good or comfort.
>>
>>1227020
Niggas don't know about the swimming pool or tennis court exclusively for first class.
>>
>>1226945

Hey, if you spend years spending less than you make, and investing the difference, you might get pretty well-off.

And then the "not spending as much as I could" habit is hard to break!
>>
>>1226956
That has never bothered me, but then I've never taken long flights
>>
OP I can't say I'm addicted to it, since I can't afford to fly business let alone first (I mainly fly 10h+ flights, living on a small island).
But I've been upgraded once on Air France (Paris > Hong Kong), and I have used my miles to upgrade on Air Mauritius once (Hong Kong > Mauritius) and I definitely understand why people who can afford it, or people who travel on company's money, get hooked.
Also when I was Silver member with Cathay I would access the business class lounge for free and I can't take an overnight flight without showering first anymore.

However I'm often upgraded for free on a short distance flight, and it's honestly useless to pay out of the ass for 30mn in the air.

>tfw I have enough miles to upgrade my next HKG>MRU
>>
>>1226507
Being addicted to some comfort is ridiculous.

I've flown business class long-haul and it's sure nice but the cost makes it ridiculous if an employer/client isn't paying.

I fly domestic a lot, 5+ hour flights on a regular basis. If the business class is only 20% more then I'll take it, much more and I'll just cope with cattle-class.

The business class is great for having enough room to use my laptop easily and play games for the whole trip, in-flight power is useful for the same reason.

The food is generally really good as opposed to just ok but that's not worth paying more than a restaurant for.

About half the time, I can get a business class flight for between 20-40% more, I usually take it at that price. I guess everyone has a price point where they don't mind spending a little more for some comfort.
>>
Choosing business class when vacationing long-haul makes the relaxing, fun experience start as soon as I get to the airport.

With SAS points, me and gf are flying Sweden - London - Bangkok - Auckland - Cook Islands and back later this year. Most of it in Thai business. Really looking forward to it since the actual travelling will be enjoyable instead of annoying.
>>
I wouldn't say addicted but I do enjoy the experience a lot.

Growing up, and before I started working for the foreign ministry, I had to purchase tickets myself so I would always go with economy.
Now I have the ministry purchase all my flight tickets for me and they always put us in business class (Lufthansa usually) which is awesome.
>>
>>1226507

>not just getting obliterated on benzos before you board

It's like 5$ and makes you impervious to pain, annoyance and any other form of consciousness.
>>
>>1226612
this.
Just cant get myself to pay 3 or 4 times as much when i could use the money for other things
>>
>>1228836
Where are you from and how did you get a job at the FM? It's essentially what I'd love to do, so it's always nice to hear how other people ended up there
>>
>>1228850
do you get prescriptions? or just buy on the street and pop it before security/hide it among other pillz?
>>
>>1228100
>all those stopovers

I would get suicidal after the second stop.
>>
>>1228908
don't mean to "real-traveler" you but you're going to get a few of those in life
>>
>>1226593
Because it fires up the dopamine in people's brain to get called up on the loud-speaker, stand up, and board while the huddled plebs watch on.

And it fires mine up to not give a shit while I stretch out one last time.
>>
>>1226507
Seems pointless, if you're going to upgrade why not just go first class?

If first class is too expensive for you, stay in coach. "Business" class just seems like it would disappoint both groups of people. Either unworth it for the price difference, or like a half assed upgrade.
>>
>>1229794
As a old guy I can tell you todays interconti business class of all carriers beats 1996 top tier carrier first class by a mile and todays economy is just short of those days business.
It was Economy <<< Business <<< First

Today the gap is Economy <<<<<< business << first.
The difference is so marginal that it dosen't warrant the cost. The usual difference is 20cm more space and better meals/higher class champagne (Krug instead of Moet). Overall not worth 2-3x the money compared to business unless you can get the upgrade by miles or voucher.
>>
>>1226507
Who fucking cares I'll be asleep for all of it. I can spend the $300 I saved on a nicer phuket bungalow for the week
>>
>>1226608
I've flown business and first, and it just is not worth the markup to me. I can do a lot of cool stuff at my destination with that extra money. If I was making upwards of maybe like 350k-400k usd a year I would probably go for it on long haul flights. Its not like its that bad to sit in a seat for 10-20 hours. The free beer gives me comfort for a much lower price.
>>
>>1227025
>Pay 10k just to swim and play some tennis
>>
>>1229805
Can you tell me if those get filled with insects and other nasty stuff? I mean I'd fucking love to spend a week just smoking weed and chilling in some kind of luxury bungalow/hut near the beach in South East Asia, but I'm afraid that there'll be nasty insects and maybe even other stuff. Are they fully isolated?
>>
Guys, help me out here.

I'm planning to go to Hong Kong this summer and I have calculated the Asia Miles shit so that I can upgrade my ticket (premium economy) to Business (one-way only).

I do not have enough miles to upgrade both tickets, but once I've done my flight there, is it possible to upgrade my return ticket after the flight to Hong Kong?

I'm leaving from LAX btw.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.