[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mallorca adv.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: mallorca coast med.jpg (125KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mallorca coast med.jpg
125KB, 800x600px
Hi everyone,

my gf and me (27yo) are going to visit Mallorca for a week between march and april.

I've been told, that the island has gorgeous landsacape and is a real beauty, if you avoid the mainstream beach-tourism.

Can you recommend
>cities,
>sights,
>hiking trails for a day,
>beaches or bays, which are not crawling with >drunk rednecks
>cool spots in general worth visiting??

Our hotel is in the north of the island, but im gonna get a rental so mobility shouldnt be a prob.

Both of us enjoy Nature and culture/history and we are interested in fine dining and going out/ dancing.

Thanks in advance lads
>>
bump the 2nd day
>>
Family friend owns a flat in Pollenca, nice town in the north. Don't know when it is, but they do a yearly reenactmaent of the kicking out of the moors which is always fun. Other than that, Formentor is a stunning beach, and the Lluc monastery is great and has a nice nature trail around it. Palma is also nice, and there's a great mountain train ride coming to/from there, but I don't remember where it starts
>>
File: descarga.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>1226394
Definetly check out the mountains, the north of the island is stunning.

>Cities and sights
The only proper city is Palma. Valldemossa and Sóller are both worth it because of the old town but they are quite tiny, can be seen in a couple hours. I like Valldemossa especially because of the setting and the old buildings and cobbled streets, but it can get touristy in summer. You can get to Sóller with the train that >>1227745 said, which is p cool.

>hiking trails for a day
Plenty in the mountains but check out Torrent de Pareis, a path along a dried down stream that ends in one of my favourite beaches in the island (pic related).

>beaches or bays, which are not crawling with drunk rednecks
You should be fine, there's a lot of Germans living here, but the scummy tourists only appear from may onwards. Weather is a bit cold right now for the beach though (at least for me, but then again I'm used to a different weather than you guys probably). Upside is you may have the beaches for yourselves.

>going out/ dancing.
Palma is almost your only bet. Try to stay in the city with the locals, there's a sizeable student population. Santa Catalina is the district with more restaurants and locals so check that out.
>>
>>1226394
check out cap formentor, beautiful view. sierra de tramuntana is nice for hiking and has beautiful towns like valdemossa, soller, deia. cala mondraga, cala moro, cala mesquida are my favorite beaches, i guess in march/april it wont be much people there. palma is very nice and best place for going out.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.