[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dominican Republic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

I am going in May to Dominican Republic, specifically in Santo Domingo, I was wondering, what activities do you recommend while I am there? restaurants? places to see and/or visit? What not to do?
>>
File: 14554059370_42e57a248e_z.jpg (116KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
14554059370_42e57a248e_z.jpg
116KB, 640x640px
>>1226339
That pic is in Puerto Plata though.

What's your nationality? your age? can you speak spanish? are you going to be here alone? how much time/money are you planning to spend? where exactly will you be staying?

>what activities do you recommend while I am there?
Visit the colonial zone(the oldest city in the new world), the Columbus Lighthouse, Los tres ojos cave, there are many malls that are worth visiting like Agora, Sambil, 360 gallery, Blue Mall, Acropolis etc both in the malls and in the colonial zone there are lots of fast food restaurants and also exclusive restaurants, if you want to see more, watch this list.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g147289-Santo_Domingo_Santo_Domingo_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

That would be the basic tour for the Santo Domingo experience, if you want to go to the beach the closest one(Boca Chica) is a bit far from the city, for the nightlife experience you could try Guacara Taina, Mamma Club, Praia, Jet Set, Wao, Euphoria, etc it all depends on your taste, but in any case the best would be for you to go with someone that at least knows how to speak spanish, i can also set you up with some girls if you are going alone.

Miguel Bose is also having a concert in may 4 maybe you would like to go.

>What not to do?
Stay away from the slums, i would suggest you not to dress like an obvious tourist, try to blend with the locals, use pesos instead of dollars or whatever is your currency, avoid obscure places, avoid motoconchos(mototaxi) and be aware of people running on that kind of motos, take the normal precautions you would take visiting a third world country.
>>
>>1226339

As a native Dominican, the Colonial Zone is a must, the night life there is great.

There's not much tourism to do in the Capital city, i'd recommend you to visit other places in the island like Punta Cana (2 hr bus drive) or Jarabacoa/Constanza area (1 and a half bus drive) or even Samana.
>>
I came here to also ask something along this:

I'm going to be going to Punta Cana in June. I'm white, straight, 28 year old male that is in good shape and attractive (and frisky). My cousin and his girlfriend are staying at a resort (Princess), I've been thinking about staying nearby at the Vik. Places to avoid, things to do, must not miss things?
>>
>>1227748
Oh, also, I speak Spanish, although poorly
>>
>>1227748

Punta Cana is a great tourist place, don't miss the Juanillo beach. Go downtown Punta Cana, there are various discos, if you're into techno and such visit Vibe club, after that, Coco Bongo and Imagine are a must.
>>
File: 1482673330864.jpg (75KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1482673330864.jpg
75KB, 750x732px
>>1227947
Awesome!! Thank you for the tips, that is definitely what I'm looking for.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.