[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deutschland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: images.png (4KB, 430x260px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 430x260px
Traveling tips when going to Germant for a couple of months, like places to go, how to get around, just general tips, danke
>>
File: 1158.jpg (145KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1158.jpg
145KB, 640x480px
>>1226337
Visit Munich. It's popular with tourists, but for a reason. It has a lot to offer. If you're into nature and like to do /out/ stuff as well visit southern bavaria close to the alps. If you're into cars you could visit that famous racetrack (forgot how it's called). I've personally never been to Berlin but I hear it's the best city in Germany overall. Frankfurt is kind of meh, but smaller cities like weissbaden, cologne, koblenz are nice.
Never been to Hamburg either but I hear it's nice.
I'm really into /out/doors stuff so I love southern bavaria. There are many lakes there and the scenery is beautiful.

pic related is just over the border past salzburg on the wolfgangsee. (wolfgang lake) Highly recommend the Germany-Austria border region.

Why are you visiting?
>>
>>1226349
I have no reason for visiting, but I just want to explore, stay with some friends for abit and then backpack around, I heard food is cheap in Germany, does my German need to be execllent or do alot of people spean English?
>>
>>1226366
A lot of people speak English. But don't expect them to understand idioms or hand gestures really.
And if you're looking to hike and stuff, I recommend stopping in Innsbruck Austria. It's a 4 hour drive from Munich.

Make sure to get some Mezzo Mix also, it tastes so good :)
>>
File: cochem-2.jpg (221KB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cochem-2.jpg
221KB, 2100x1400px
Generally you can follow this advice:
Western Germany:
Bombed to the shitters. There are some monuments like the Cologne dome, which are great but except for one two things there isnt much to see that would make me go there.
Some smaller cities along the rivers are really nice but most arent big enough to be worth visiting. Small towns like Cochem still have their own flair but as I said, they are really small. If you plan on some biking tour down the rhine I would suppose you would have a great time still. Also the Eifel mountains
Northern Germany:
Hamburg is a must see of course. Avoid Bremen at all cost. Lübeck is nice. A few other cities but I would stay in Hamburg and plan a day trip to Lübeck and the coast.
Eastern Germany:
Communism. So the small cities were often neglected and they concentrated on Dresden, Leipzig and Berlin. Berlin is a shithole for 50% of people and quite nice and lively for the other 50%, who like party. Go there with an open mind but dont be surprised if you dont like it. Potsdam also worth a day or two. Leipzig and Dresden are well worth visits. Rebuilt after WW2 and taken care of after the wall fell. Also the Saxons still have some cultural identity. Mecklenburg and Brandenburg are fairly empty but that means you can enjoy some nature if you like. Also the Harz mountains and things like Saxonian switzerland.
Southern Germany:
Lots of smaller cities like Heidelberg, Freiburg, etc. Small but nice cities, each with their own feeling.
Also Stuttgart. Its ok, not as much stuff in it as the other big cities in Germany, imo.
>>
File: bamberg.jpg (2MB, 2559x1446px) Image search: [Google]
bamberg.jpg
2MB, 2559x1446px
>>1226385
Bavaria:
Well, yeah. Wasnt bombed to shit as much and has kept a lot of its several cultures intact. Not really Germany as you will definitely see a difference not only in the architecture but also in the mindset of people, may they be from the north or the south of Bavaria.
In the north you have small cities like Bamberg, Würzburg, Coburg, and it goes on and on. They all look and feel different from each other and between them you have things like the Franconian Switzerland or the Fichtelgebirge for hiking. Beautiful nature and even the small towns are worth a visit.
During summer the region is probably one of the most beautiful in the world if you enjoy a rural, more down to earth flair, away from bigger cities. Take a trip along the "Fränkischer Gebirgsweg" or the "Romantische Straße"and just enjoy your time along rivers, hills, forests and villages.

In the middle you have Nuremberg, with its majestic, old city and castle.

Further south you have Munich and the Alps. Also things like the Bavarian forest. Munich has much to offer and if youre finished with it there is Regensburg, Augsburg or you take a hike and enjoy the view. From Garmisch to Berchtesgarden, just pick a hiking route and you will be satisfied.

>>1226366
Most people can speak English, even if just rudimentary and with the help of pointing at things and some gestures you can probably get through any situation anywhere.
>>
File: berchtesgaden.jpg (626KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
berchtesgaden.jpg
626KB, 1920x1280px
>>1226387
My opinion in entirely subjective by the way. If you like party more than mountains and drinking yourself through the thousand breweries of small towns n Bavaria then you will spend more time in Hamburg and berlin than in Bavaria. If you like the western cities more than the nature of Saxony you will stay there for a longer time.
Pick what you like the most. Have a fun time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.