[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lebanon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Nasrallah_22052012.jpg (42KB, 780x498px) Image search: [Google]
Nasrallah_22052012.jpg
42KB, 780x498px
I would like to go to Lebanon in september.

I'm thinking of visiting the following places: Beirut, Baalbek, Byblos, Sidon, Tyre, Anjar, Zahle. Also Nabatiyeh for Ashura.

Any thoughts or tips? Safety precautions? How to get laid? How to meet Nasrallah?
>>
>>1226214
>How to meet Nasrallah?

Congrats, you got your name in the no-fly list.
>>
Lebanon is a pretty safe place, just make sure that people don't take advantage of you being a foreigner, If I were you I'd start at Beirut, maybe go clubbing and meeting people, from there get someone to show you around the rest of Lebanon as there's so much shit to see and a lot of it isn't the kind of stuff you can find on a map. As for getting laid..don't get your hopes up
>>
>>1226396

Its not that safe really, lots of armed conflicts in the past few years and still a fair bit of sectarian violence and hate around.

That being said, for a place that has had a few issues in the recent past, it still manages to attract lots of tourists and everyone I know that has been there has had a pretty good time really.

Chances are that you wont wander into any of the bad parts anyway (except maybe Tripoli, but I heard its much better now).
>>
>>1226396
I'm not social enough to pull that of.

>As for getting laid..don't get your hopes up
Not even with Christian women or desperate Syrian refugees?

>>1226403
>Chances are that you wont wander into any of the bad parts anyway (except maybe Tripoli, but I heard its much better now).
Is South Beirut still considered a bad part? Is Beelbeck safe?
>>
If you want to be safe stay close to tourist areas, you could possibly get lucky with Arab Christians if you go clubbing I guess
>Getting lucky with a Syrian refugee
Lmfao
>>
>>1226214
>Safety
South Beirut is not particularly unsafe, but it's not a place I'd hang around. There's nothing there for a tourist, and if shit happens, it'll happen there. North Beirut and the Christian coast up to Batroun is safe as can be. Baalbek was safe when I was there, but that was some time ago. I can't see a problem doing it as a day trip and just see the ruins, but leave before nightfall, and if you can, travel with other people. Anything south of Litani, including Tyre, is safe, and if you ask me the most beautiful part of the country by far. The fighting in Tripoli is pretty much over by now, and the tourist sites, including the souq, the citadel, the city center and the seafront, is safe. Southern Beqaa valley, including Zahle and Aanjar, should be safe. Northern Beqaa and border areas with Syria are no-go zones, that's where the actual fighting and the occasional ISIS dude in a cave is. Nabatiya I have no idea about, but I think Hezbollah will ensure some pretty tight security during Ashura. The central mountain areas in general are safe. If you can, go to Jezzine or Bsharri for some pretty amazing views. Keep in mind, if you ask Lebanese people about safety, it's not easy to know who to trust. People still tend to put their sect higher than their nationality down there, and since most of the bad stuff is in the Muslim areas, you ask a Muslim, they'll say it's safe, while a Christian will say it's not. You'll have to do your own research and make up your own mind.

>Getting laid
Tinder. The majority of girls in Lebanon who are on Tinder are there to get laid. Your actual game you'll have to take care of yourself, but if you're decent looking and not a sperg, you have a good chance to get lucky.

>Meeting Nasrallah
You know, there's quite a few people who'd like to know that. I wouldn't ask around, not even ironically. Some people might not get the joke!

Also you can AMA, I'm the resident Lebanon expert around here. Lived there for quite some time.
>>
>>1226822
>>Getting lucky with a Syrian refugee
>Lmfao
Well, maybe in exchange for financial help.

>>1226827
Thanks for the informative post. I may return with additional questions.

>I wouldn't ask around
Well, obviously I don't expect to meet Nasrallah, but I'd just like to see people wave Hezbollah flags and maybe see Nasrallah speak on a big screen somewhere.
>>
>>1227041
If you're secretly a Hezbollah fanboy you should check our their museum in Mleeta. Big open air museum dedicated to their armed struggle against Israel, they also have a gift shop. Tyre and Baalbek are also Hezbollah-dominated, and you'll find plenty of memorabilia such as flags and T-shirts etc there. Friend of mine bought a big ass Zulfiqar (sword of Ali) for 100 USD in Baalbek.
>>
>inb4 this thread is 1 giant honey pot

Anyway, I was actually thinking of going there as well

>>1226827

Some Q's friendo:

1. I have a stamp from Taba, Egypt, which is a border town on the Egypt/Israeli border
Does this disqualify me from entry in Lebanon?

2. Will I be able to shoot with automatic weapons once I get there
>>
File: IMG_20170220_131920753.jpg (7MB, 5344x4008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170220_131920753.jpg
7MB, 5344x4008px
>>1227648
>Does this disqualify me from entry in Lebanon?
No, but it really depends on the mood of the customs officer tho. I know a guy that got rejected because he had Jordanian Visa on his Passport, the argument was that the officer thought it was impossible for him to go to Jordan and not visit Israel

But at the same time I went to Lebanon after staying 2 months in Egypt in a direct flight from Cairo and the visa process took me like 15 seconds

Picture is from Harissa
>>
File: 1463599648325.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1463599648325.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>>1227672
Sheeeit. I'll handle this through the embassy so I'm not FUBAR at the airport.
I got some Tunisian and Egypt stuff on passport as well, so hopefully that will help.

Yah, looks great.
>Harissa
Speaking of Tunisian stuff lol. Harissa is a condiment there.

Do you have a throwaway e-mail where we can continue this?
shakalakamutafuka @ gmail
>>
>>1227648
1. Technically, yes. The entry stamp from Taba clearly implies you've been to Israel, which is reason enough for them to deny you entry. Depends on the border guard though, some don't even look at your passport, some read it like it's a prize winning novel. I'd just get a new passport if I were you, to be safe, they can't tell you've been there if it's not in the passport.

2. Never heard of any organized tours, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some, especially in Shia areas.
>>
Bump for Hezbollah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Ge2l0hHUg
>>
So, uhm... let's say I want to do a side trip to Syria. Anywhere in Syria. Is it at all possible?
>>
>>1228794
>possible
There are three places in Syria that are considered safe-ish: Damascus, Tartous and Latakia. I don't know how it works up at the northern border, but if you befriend some Shia dudes or Syrians, they can take you to Damascus. It's definitely possible.

>advisable
No! These three places are safe, by Syrian standards. Shit can still happen at literally any time. Just a few days ago, Damascus, that is the fucking capital city, saw a large rebel attack which for some time threatened to actually take the city. Latakia and Tartous, also government strongholds, has also been targeted by suicide bombers. What I'm trying to say is that you'll MOST LIKELY be fine visiting these places, but in the event something happens, you are so royally fucked, and completely on your own. No embassy will or can help you.

Also if you're white, there's the chance you'll get kidnapped by some poor dude who will sell your ass to the highest bidder, which WILL be ISIL. Then it'll be a year of being raped with a bottle up the ass while your government "won't negotiate with terrorists" before you'll be killed. A guy from my country went to then-government controlled Idlib, and it took literally two days before he was in the hands of ISIL.

And all of this to see what? The sad remains of what was once a beautiful country? Ruins? Desperate and unhappy people? It's not worth the risk if you ask me.
>>
Is it possible that in the future Lebanon will be added to the list of "terror producing countries" as defined by the USA? In other words, is there a risk that someone who goes to Lebannon will not be able to go to the USA visa free?
>>
>>1229639
With the new Trump administration everything is possible it seems, but I don't think that will happen in the near future. Lebanon has had every ingredient and the perfect environment for a new civil war for five years, but nothing has happened, and the civil war in Syria will calm down in the years to come, thus relieving the pressure on Lebanon further. Besides, the travel ban and "terror producing countries" and axis of evil and all that shit is JUST politics. Meaning, as long as Lebanon and USA stays good friends (which they will), nothing will happen.
>>
>>1228848
>which for some time threatened to actually take the city

That is not even close to true. You're right about the rest though, don't go there just yet.
>>
>>1227726
holy shit. So could i go from Israel to Beirut and then back to Israel to catch my flight home? Or is that unacceptable.
>>
>>1231149
Let me know when you have found a flight between Israel and Beirut.
>>
>>1231149

Israel and Lebanon are in official state of war, what do you think
>>
>>1231212
All the flights I found had two stops in between

>>1231234
Damn I didn't know that.
>>
>>1229639
Related question to this one. My brother wants to go to Israel at one point. Will a Lebanese stamp give him any hassle?
>>
>>1231631
Yes, he will be questioned what he was doing there and who he knows
>>
>>1231631
He might be given several hours of interrogation. It will for sure raise major butthurt with the border guards.
>>
>>1231631
They will keep him at the border for several hours, but as long as he's polite and doesn't say dumb shit, they'll let him in. It won't be hours of actual interrogation though, it's hours of waiting just to piss him off, then a short interview.
>>
>>1228848
>a large rebel attack which for some time threatened to actually take the city.
Qaboun? Lel no. Even if the attack didn't fail, Qaboun and Jobar wouldn't have anywhere even remotely near the manpower to take the city.
>>
>>1227672
>>1227726
will a newly issued passport look suspicious?

i have an israeli stamp and i consider going to lebanon, and i guess i should plan ahead if the border guards think like this: you look like a faggot, you have a new passport, you must have been dancing at the gay bars of tel aviv, GTFO faggot
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.