[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frequent flyer status

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Aspire-Lounge-41-AMS-13[1].jpg (320KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Aspire-Lounge-41-AMS-13[1].jpg
320KB, 1500x1125px
Anyone else have FF status? I'm a DL platinum, probably going to end up with Gold based on 2017 travel projections. Gold is what I need, because I value lounge access
>>
>>1226167
I am aiming for reaching it this year. Probably will only make silver, though.
>>
>>1226171
In my opinion, Silver benefits are not that great. Gold is where I really started to see benefits:
sky priority
lounge access on international flights
4 free drink certificates
some (rare) free domestic upgrades to first class

If you can churn some MQMs out of a Delta branded AMEX card to get to Gold, it might be worth it (depending on what you value)
>>
>>1226173
I am on track for getting the MQD waiver from my Delta AMEX platinum, and I gor the 10,000 bonus miles for the card already. My goal in at least making it to Silver is not to let those bonus MQMs go to waste. I haven't looked to see what the gulf between gold and silver is.
>>
>>1226167
What's it take to be able to be upgraded to first class on international flights?
>>
>>1226280
Either some GUCs or an OPUP. You can choose GUCs with highest tier elite status (e.g. diamond, 1k).

OPUPs are when they upgrade you because economy is oversold.
>>
>bragging about having a skyteam status

Of the three skyteam is by far the shittiest. StarAlliance > OneWorld > SkyTeam.

I have SA Gold and OW Emerald, highest respective of both. Lounge access, upgrades, and other cool stuff.
>>
>>1226365
One world is better than SA, who are you trying to shill for ?
>>
>>1226369
SA sucks, dropped that group and am much better off now with OW + Skyteam
>>
>>1226369
>>1226372
Depends on where you are and which airlines you use. What does skyteam have? Delta, AF. All meme tier airlines.

I like SA's perks better, the downside is that it's harder to get and maintain status. But the nice thing about SA is how you can seamlessly get upgrades and award flights across all the airlines. With OW it's only possible with a few partners.
>>
One World is easily the best.

You get Qatar airlines, which is second only to Emirates. Emirates isn't in an alliance, but you can redeem your OW credits to emirates through Qantas which is in OW. So OW gives you access to both the best airlines in the world currently, then you have Qantas which owns Jetstar for asia if you want budget flights, Cathay pacific, American airlines and British airlines. Through the OW carriers and their affiliate companies you get the best possible carriers. It might be missing some budget carriers, but let's be honest, if you're flying on a budget carrier you aren't after luxury or perks, you just want to get to a destination for as cheap as possible.
>>
>>1226383
You're an aussie. While those airlines you listed are good for you, they're much less relevant to the rest of the world.
>>
>>1226390
>British airlines
>American Airlines
>Qatar
>Access to use your points on Emirates after one phone call

Yeah you're right, not relevant. Despite being able to use both of the best airlines in the world at the moment.

If you're using an airline group for one airline, what is the point ? Like sure you want SA for delta, but outside of delta what do you get ? As I said, if you want cheap airfares, you don't really need to be in an alliance because you will just take the cheapest ticket at the time. If you want high quality flights, OW has the better carriers.
>>
>>1226393
I think you're confused. Delta is skyteam. And again, those you listed are not relevant to some parts of the world. Qatar and Cathay are good to have but that's about it. Aussies don't seem very well versed in world geography. The only reason you overhype OW is because of your beloved Qantas.

For what it's worth, in the last years I've flown, among others, from SA:

>lufthansa (and subsidiaries)
>singapore air
>thai
>turkish
>united

Go ahead and say they're not relevant or budget quality.
>>
>>1226167
>tfw love flying but too poor to afford it

the last time I flew was over 3 years ago. I'd love to someday be part of FF or get nice access to lounges, but unless I get a 80k+ job it wont happen. my dad used to work for a sales company that had him fly from NYC to hawaii twice a year so he was racking up the points like mad
>>
>>1226404
I'm a father myself. I always pa for my own flights, or my job pays if work related, then I use all of my skymiles for my family's tickets. I have never spent skymiles on myself.
>>
>>1226393
i'll take One World from LA to NYC... oh wait...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.