[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pilgrimages in UK and Europe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: corn.png (2MB, 1197x675px) Image search: [Google]
corn.png
2MB, 1197x675px
I'm mostly free just on the weekends, but looking for religious sites and gatherings. After I went to the Piran's Day procession at his old oratory, I really got hooked on this.

Preferably not quiet ruins or churches by themselves, but shrines that people added to them, something that gives the place character, or some sort of gathering. Hope this makes sense? Sort of like the Hill of Crosses, or that place in Bosnia where people regularly report seeing Mary.

I'm also open to other religions. Planning on going to a clootie well in Scotland sooner or later.
>>
>>1226004
OP sounds like they are not actually catholic.
>>
>>1226011
Nope, I mostly think it's interesting for the culture and history. I want to say I'm spiritual and not religious but that's the corniest teenage girl in India praying to crystals bullshit explanation out there.
>>
el camino santiago is probably the most famous in europe, infact it's the only one i can think of.
you aint doing it in a weekend though, unless you cheat and just take public transport right to the shrine.
but then you wont be a real pilgrim, lad.
>>
>>1226015
Well, an honest explanation, but you know a little insulting too. I don't think you'll bond with the gathering as you think you will being someone of no faith or religious persuasion.

http://www.denverpost.com/2015/03/05/climbing-st-patricks-mountain-in-ireland/
>>
>>1226025
the most famous unless you think of you know, the capital of ROMAN Catholicism...

or lourdes in france, or assisi in italy, or Olavs way in Norway, or Dimitrii in Bucharest ....

literally every christian saint has at least one holy site of pilgrimage. just pick a saint and make your own pilgramage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_saints
>>
>>1226058
This actually really helped. I guess I was looking more for religious festivals (I found a few), but I did look this up and found a beautiful walking pilgrimage I bet I could do in a day.

>Chapman's Pool on the Jurassic Coast
>across the cliffs to Saint Aldhelm's Chapel
>through the fields to Saint Nicholas' Church, where they keep a celtic cross which was excavated from Alhelm's Church
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.