[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Luggage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 26085-67265_140131215747.jpg (386KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
26085-67265_140131215747.jpg
386KB, 2000x2000px
Best suitcase for traveling for a month or so every year? What things should I consider / look out for?
>>
>>1225758
Best is the most expensive you can afford.
The best of everything would probably be a Pelican, or the one that can check itself in and has a little screen that displays barcode ticket.
>>
>>1225784
reckon the handlers will still find a way to reck it Lol
>>
>>1225784
i guess this is good advice! there are so many brands that it's hard to look at them all in one place/ not miss some
>>
>>1225758
>carrying a suitcase at all
Just take a 35L carry-on pack, you literally don't need any more than that unless you're working long term or backpacking in Patagonia
>>
>>1227005
>35 l bag

You're a hobo.
>>
>>1227011
>I don't know how to wash clothes when I travel
>>
>>1227011
no, I just know how to pack properly and wash clothes in a sink or how to hand my laundry to hotel staff.
>>
>>1227005
>>1227030

>working long term
Maybe you missed the part about traveling for a month
>>
>>1225784
>Pelican
These are ridiculously heavy and totally unnecessary unless OP is carrying around some priceless antiques.

Balance light weight with sturdiness and for security purposes find one w/o a zip, or with zip locks (i.e. the little locks that keep the zips in one place), because zips are the main way that thieves break into suitcases.
>>
>>1227037
I'm traveling for a month coming up here this summer. Packing 1.5-2 weeks of clothes and knowning how to use plublic laundry mats are a easy way to save space.

Not to mention there are vaccum bags that you can roll and compress with your hands to save additional space.
>>
Samsung Black Label series. 20in luggage is like 4lb.
>>
>>1225758
The price difference within a brand tends to do with the extra included organization inside the bag that is built in (more pockets and compartments), as well as the modern airline friendly lightness of it all for that amount of storage, as well as the extra smooth wheels that spin (required as far as I'm concerned).

What I like to point out to you is that what is an ideal bag for you is a balance of quality and price, and if you want 1 week, 2 week or more capacity. What is also important is if you will be frequently going in an out of it several times a day without unpacking (think euro travel town to town each night), or if you'll unpack once right on the hangers, and then put the bag away and not need it anymore outside of the airline/train. Summer travel needs less space than winter outfits take up obviously, but you might sweat more and want more laundry anyway. Clam hardshell is stupid for living out of, you want a fliptop lid that doesn't need a floor or wide bed to open.

What I like is a delsey, travelpro crew or samsonite 4wheel softsided bag line for the size that fits my trip length, you get the size that you like, but keep in mind the biggest bag can be overweight if you are really efficient at fitting shit in there (surcharge) if you aren't careful. Packing cubes can add organization and compress both. For a medium sized bag, there can be great capacity in a

Ooh, look travelpro sale at macys! Use your coupon and clean up on their sales, or check often for closeouts. Also see some nice large $99 at TJMaxx/Marshalls (last season colors), but don't be tricked into some offbrand thing that is some no name designer. Stick to the above brands only. If you are lucky enough to live near a true outlet mall, with like a Hartmann, you can go premium. They'll be lifetime bags with a touch of class.
>>
>>1227037
No, I didn't but other people who read this thread might be doing those things, you fucking mongoloid. Don't ever respond to me or my wife's son ever again.
>>
>>1227037
>Maybe you missed the part about traveling for a month
OP, are you traveling for work? Like dress pants, blazer, more than one pair of shoes, etc?
>>
File: 1465764069620.jpg (41KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
1465764069620.jpg
41KB, 374x374px
>>1227037
Are you assuming you need to pack 1 pair of clothes per day? Why not just wash them at the hotel washroom or a laundromat?
>>
File: 49723-200516162544301331578.jpg (71KB, 520x778px) Image search: [Google]
49723-200516162544301331578.jpg
71KB, 520x778px
I've been thinking about an Osprey Farpoint 40 for a long time. The idea is to go carry on and always keep it with me

Anyone have this? Pros and Cons?
>>
I take a leather hold-all and inside it I have a very thin backpack I got from Decathlon. Super useful.I prefer a holdall because It's a pet peeve of mine putting on and taking big heavy backpacks, especially at airports.
>>
Hey /trv/

I'm buying a new bag for this summer. Need to take a lot of flights (around East Asia mostly) and can travel light so I'm thinking one of those carry-on bags.

My question is: have you ever been in a situation where your "this is a carry on bag size" has been accepted at some airports and not others?

I'm just wondering it it's a meme and I have a good chance of being in a situation where I might as well have brought a bigger bag.
>>
>>1227430
Yes, smaller budget lines, like Air Asia, I have seen carry on sized bag be over their free allowed weight, I just pay the extra $10 when booking for a higher weight, which is much cheaper than if you have to pay at the gate.
>>
>>1225758
briggs & riley
>>
OP here, thank you for the suggestions!
>>1227005
I need more than that because I have a little bit hiking gear which I have found to be difficult to fit with shopping /camera gear.

>>1227077
thanks! i will check this out at the store tomorrow

>>1227045
+1 for vacuum bags. Super handy to have at least one. +++1 for lockable zippers too, it's better than trusting TSA locks all the time imo.

>>1227081
the compartments seem to be the biggest difference, I agree. Right now I own a samsonite (spinner?) that doesn't offer me enough organisation inside and a useless front zipper pocket (not lockable why??)
Im in australia but ill have a closer look at the bags you suggest for sure. Also great point about the clamshell needing space to open - I honestly would not have considered that when shopping. (I remember the APA in kanazawa I stayed at was so small my luggage was actually on my bed - will post photo if I can find it)

>>1227085
just traveling as a tourist - last 2 trips were to Japan for ~ 4-5wk, will probably go again this year.

>>1227852
thanks I will have a look!
>>
what about those big backpacks. who are they recommended for?
>>
File: IMG_1845.jpg (44KB, 972x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1845.jpg
44KB, 972x1040px
I use a Raden carry on. It's $300 but it looks nice and has been durable aside from scratches. Also includes a removable battery and app that lets you weigh it and charge your devices. Don't know if I'd buy it again because in Europe they kept making me take the battery out for inspection but it's been good and holds more than you'd think.
>>
File: 143101_5_1.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
143101_5_1.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
I've been traveling with pic related. Hasn't disappointed me yet.

Pros:
-Opens/pack suitcase style
-Organization
-Pack away straps
-Carry on size and can be "squished" for more restrictive airlines
-Expandable if you need it (I haven't)

Cons:
-1in waist belt doesn't help take up the load
-Wouldn't suggest use has hiking pack (I always bring a packable backpack)
>>
>>1227438
Thanks for the tip bro
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.