[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Berlin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Going to Berlin for 10 days to visit my brother who is living there for 4 months. Any recommendations for stuff to do? I'm 25, male, and unfortunately don't speak any German (this trip was sprung on me as a surprise by my parents, so I haven't had time to really learn anything). My brother (20) speaks a bit.

Things I'm mostly interested in:
Parks/nature, interesting looking buildings/architecture, city history, food, restaurants, music (not club/dance music. I mean german traditional music)

Somewhat interested in: Art, drinking/bars, general shopping

Not at all interested in: clubs, parties, dancing, raves, discos, hookups, etc

Since it's a bit of a family thing I will probably be with my parents the whole time. We're New York City natives so we are used to dense urban areas, but none of us besides my brother have been to Germany and I've never even been to Europe. Any general travel tips (restaurant tipping? Will people care how we dress? etc)
>>
>>1225720
Looking at your interests, you picked the wrong city. Especially for 10 days.
>>
>>1225892

I'm kind of dreading this to be true, desu. But my brother is staying in berlin, so that's where we're going.

I may travel around the region a bit as well.
>>
>>1221076
>>
go to the kike museum, look at the kike memorial, buy a kebab, rent a truck, check out the winter market. can't go wrong! x
>>
>>1225892
this isn't true
>>
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Berlin
gives a basic overview
>>
>>1225720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=072IcabHblk&index=2&list=FLzGWfxN1HIuA1UDHjGzpidw
>>
>>1225892
Don't listen to that guy Anon, Berlin is an overrated "club" city anyway. There are tons of parks a really nice one right in the center but I'm blanking on the name. You can also take a quick train to tons of nature stuff. I loved the architecture, idk what kind you're into but Alexanderplatz gives me a building boner. Good food is plentiful and I"m sure you can find music. Have fun. Berlin is a great city.
>>
Take the first plane to Amsterdam
>>
>>1227644
>Alexanderplatz
Is there anything interesting there?
>>
File: 20140627_150132.jpg (3MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20140627_150132.jpg
3MB, 2322x4128px
>>1227781
Street beggars, gypsy pickpockets, drunken communist hipsters, chinese, and clueless tourists.

The only reason it's even popular is because it was the "main square" for East Berlin. It's an ugly open square surrounded by commieblocks. Nothing worthwhile or worth seeing. Occasionally they have a festival where you can purchase cheap chinese knockoffs and 7€ Bratwursts.

Pic related is Alexanderplatz from the Fernsehturm
>>
>>1227797
Yeah, it looked pretty boring from what I read. The picture really puts it in perspective, thanks.
>>
>Parks/nature, interesting looking buildings/architecture

Why do you pick the biggest city of a country if you are into nature? Though, Berlin is very green and has big parks.

Completely wrong pick, though. You realize that most bigger German cities and population centers where bombed to ashes during the world war? There isn't much older architecture left apart from some reconstructions. If you want to have the timber frame house experience and see some traditional German architecture you have to go to other, more minor cities, mostly in southern Germany.

Berlin is only good for two reasons: clubs, parties, dancing, raves, discos, hookups, drugs(pretty much everything you don't want to experience) and for people that are into modern and cold war history.
>>
>>1228670
>There isn't much older architecture

Actually there are more castles, palaces and old buildings in the Berlin area then in all of America. Quite some older then the US.
>>
>>1228670

Again, we're going to be staying in Berlin because we're visiting someone there, as I said in the OP.

Also, further question: My plans changed a bit and now 4.5 days in Copenhagen will be added to the trip. Any recs there based on what my interests are in the OP?
>>
>>1229021
That's a great city to rent a bike and ride around.
You should spend some time in Christiania.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.