[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: world.png (164KB, 281x295px) Image search: [Google]
world.png
164KB, 281x295px
I'm sure many of you have lived as expatriates in many cities in many countries, so what is the most livable city in your eyes?

And as a follow-up question, what's the most livable city if you're on a budget?

There are many rankings for this out there, often with Melbourne or Vienna at the top, but people from Melbourne I've spoken to told me they find it pretty meh - might just be a grass is always greener thing though of course

I'm looking to permanently relocate, so might as well go somewhere nice

Best for me would be if English or German is the primary spoken language, and nice climate is important to me too (not too much rain and snow)
Friendly people are a plus, so share personal experiences

https://www.imercer.com/content/mobility/quality-of-living-city-rankings.html
http://pages.eiu.com/rs/eiu2/images/EIU_BestCities.pdf
https://monocle.com/film/affairs/the-monocle-quality-of-life-survey-2015/
>>
IMO places where English or German are primary languages tend to be pretty boring and expensive. With the possible exception of Cape Town, but then safety is a pain in the ass there.

Top places I'd actually want to live:

1. Taipei, Taiwan: Friendliest people out of any 1st world big city in the world, bar none. Gorgeous petite girls everywhere. People are generally fairly educated and usually speak at least very basic english, so it's not hard to get around, and Uber works too. Amazing food, super clean, lots of nature everywhere.

2. Medellin/Periera, Colombia: Perfect weather every day of the year, the temperature doesn't really fluctuate much. Women are possibly the most beautiful in the world, apart from perhaps parts of Brazil or Eastern Europe. No one speaks english but with a few months of dedicated study you can be very proficient in Spanish, and it won't hinder you much after a month of study.
>>
>>1224918
Isn't Medellin pretty dangerous?
>>
Any suggestions in the states? I have arrest warrants so I can't go overseas :(
>>
>>1224965
Not since the last few years, no. There's a small chance you'll be robbed if you're an idiot, but if you don't fight back you definitely won't be hurt. But in the rich neighborhoods robberies aren't that common, you can walk around alone at night without issues, and those places are still Uber cheap.
>>
>>1225011
San Diego but it's expensive.
>>
>>1224906
Look at the digital nomad hotspots. They tend to gravitate towards the cheap spots with abundant easy women, good weather, and good internet connections.

Chiang mai, Bali, MedellĂ­n, Estonia
>>
>>1225014
How much should I be making? rn @ 80k before taxes.. welfare status in cali.
>>
File: 1392705_630x354.jpg (46KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
1392705_630x354.jpg
46KB, 630x354px
Cleveland. People might laugh, but there's a certain magic here. Watching and feeling a city rebuild is something awesome. I doubt it's what you're looking for, but food for thought. Good luck.
>>
>>1225022
You can live in SD on 80k, just not going to be anything special.
>>
>>1224918
>>1225016
Don't you have to be macho, muscular and confident to pick up girls in Colombia and rest of South America? Especially, I'm thinking, if you want those busty latina goddesses
>>
>>1224906
I lived in Melbourne for a year.
It's crazy how good they have it there, and all of Australia. You can really feel the quality of life while walking on the streets.
But of course, there is alot of homeless people, everywhere, and with the great quality of life and prosperity comes the total lack of empathy towards those less fortunate. It really made me sick.
But still, Melbourne is really a fucking nice city. There is hardly anything dangerous or dodgy, maybe the Aussies themselves will try to prove you that some area of the city is dangerous and when you go there it's full of hip bars and second hand shops and maybe a few junkies hanging outside of a supermarket.
>>
>>1225149

No?

I'm skinnyfat but decent looking. Never had any problems in Colombia or anywhere else.
>>
>>1225491
Oh, it just seems like that's the beauty standard for men whenever I see clips from SA
>>
>>1225436
Yeah. I'm from Melbourne but left some years ago. Normie Australian culture is very much about suburban ease and personal comfort, beginning with an obsession with the property market. For hipsters it's actually not that different, except it's about a trendy life somewhere "vibey." If that's your idea of a good life, if you actually, genuinely care about coffee and finding "authentic" new places for brunch, you will fit right in, otherwise you will find the culture and the people friendly, but pretty bland . There are, of course, a whole bunch of subcultures, from working class whites in rural areas and the suburban fringes who have similar problems to working class whites in the US (except with ice, rather than smack) and the "SJW" culture which is much, much smaller and more insignificant that some of the alt right guys on 4chan make it out to be.
>>
>>1225498
there are many ways to attract women

*face
*muscles
*money
*status
*charm

you don't need to have all of them
>>
I live in Vienna. It's pretty fucking amazing desu
>>
>>1225560
Yeah, but I was asking specifically about SA girls. I've read other people saying that the girls there want you to be macho and very aggressive with your flirting and make a move almost instantly, but it might have been specifically for Brazil, not sure.
>>
>>1225149
Definitely not. I'm chubby and lacking muscle, and once I learned Spanish to a decent level (e.g. date conversations come very naturally) I started getting girls easier than I did in SE Asia even. And dramatically hotter. You need to lead them 100%, but "macho" isn't the right word for it. Take some salsa classes and you'll understand the dynamic - you lead, they follow, more so than in Asia.

Before I got decent in Spanish I struck out constantly in Colombia though. Medellin is especially hard, near-impossible if you don't speak spanish because of the influx of gringos in the last couple years, but there are hookers everywhere to keep you occupied while you learn.

Most places in Latin America are easier to get laid than Colombia specifically, though. Colombia is dramatically safer and economically better than it was just a few years ago, so not that many girls want to GTFO now. Even Brazil is dramatically easier now that it's getting shittier and shittier.
>>
>>1225574
Yeah that's mostly Brazil, it's not that hard to adapt to though. It's not like "jersey shore" macho, it's just being in charge and making out quickly.

It's not like the Latinas in the US that have a cunty, standoffish attitude that you need to overpower. These girls are almost always total sweethearts and will never challenge you directly.
>>
File: brbr.jpg (126KB, 485x356px) Image search: [Google]
brbr.jpg
126KB, 485x356px
>>1225574

I'm >>1225560 and I'm from Brazil, bro

I disagree with >>1225576. YES the girls are drama queens and like men with attitude (not necessairily cocky), just move fast, as you said.

HOWEVER, your gringo advantage is so big that you can still get laid easier than a local. It's a common thing for BRs to pretend to be a gringo sometimes, lol. I could do great Portunhol or "gringo speaking portuguese" impressions when partying was my thing.

If you are from the US or Europe (except southern), I guarantee you that coming to SA will be a life-long lesson when it comes to sexual dynamics aka charm, game
>>
>>1225509
yeah i'm from melbourne. i've travelled a fucktonne, lived in asia, and plan on living overseas again but i know i'll come back. it really is objectively a fucking great city. but i'm not sure how long it'll stay like this, the CBD's being developed with terrible skyrises, the inner north is losing it's charm to those with money, and house prices are just fucked. but the amount of interesting shit going on, the parties, festivals, events any day of the week, the food, the bars really make it.
>>
>>1224906
Budapest ma nigga
>>
>>1226105
>I disagree with >>1225576.

What do you disagree with exactly? Granted I was a blue-eyed obvious gringo speaking Portunhol...

BTW, do you agree with me that things are actually getting easier in Brazil for gringos now? It's definitely easier than I had read it would be, I'm wondering if more girls want to GTFO as a result of the recession.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.