[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work and Travel in ???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Work_and_Travel.jpg (131KB, 1900x510px) Image search: [Google]
Work_and_Travel.jpg
131KB, 1900x510px
Hey /trv/. Im about to finish school in 2-3 months and as Im very undecided about what I want to study I thought it might be a good idea to do what everyone does that has no clue what to do with all this freedom and go to do Work and Travel.

The classic countries to do so would ofc be New Zealand, Australia, Canada etc. but many other are possible too. So now I have kinda figuered out two options:

JAPAN - I love the japanese culture, the landscaped really everything Ive seen so far about this country is very nice but, its not a classic Work and Travel destination. Its possible and many people have done it but there are mayor problems mainly concerning the language. I dont speak Japanese and it seems that finding a job there is pretty hard even when youre pretty ok at speaking japanese. Its not impossible but very hard.

NEW ZEALAND - Its a bit of a clichee but I can imagine myself going to New Zealand which due its popularity for Work and Travel is very good organised when it comes to students travelling through the country working on farms etc. Plus they speak English, the programs offered by organisations are better and cheaper and you need two long-haul flights to get there (I love flying).

So New Zealand is cheaper to me but Japan is just my love-destination. Should I just jump into Japan and see what happens or should I go safe with NZ and when Im older and had time to maybe study Japanese at home etc. go to Japan with more money and maybe even without the necessity to work there.
>>
Did you try workaway? There are over 100 hosts in Japan, they speak english and you don't need to pay an organization.
>>
>>1224629
Research Universities that have exchange programs in Japan. Focus your major on in demand Asia/Japan fields, or industries that export well. Like international business, supplemented with Japanese/Asian studies, or things like marketing, supply chain management, distribution and logistics, project management, construction management, also also with an Asian focus if possible. Whether language or studies. When you are in Japan on exchange focus on networking
>>
>>1224629
Japan is a very crazy country, I would recommend a work away so you can see that it's an okay country for someone who is not Japanese

I personally fucking love work away, so much better than wwoof
>>
>>1224634
>>1224647
Ive seen workaway. I really liked the concept and the host seems very good and most work looks easy to do for someone with barely any work experience like me. Is it possible to do Workaway if I am 18/19 years old when starting the program? Its enough to get a Work Holiday Visa but it always felt like they expected people around the age of 20 and higher.
>>
>>1225154
Workaway doesn't need a working holiday visa. Yes, you are supposed to have one, but the odds are that you won't be harassed about it since the only way they'd know is if they somehow caught you doing work red-handed for some random person and decided to look into it. Since they aren't paying you and you won't be making tons of money for when you leave, there aren't any tax things for anyone to worry about.

That said, you are working for free, and if you can get an actual job that's probably preferable. The main point of a working holiday visa is for doing work that will make you money. I would guess that most places would be okay with someone age 18-19, some of them might turn you down for it but most will be fine.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.