[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going hitchhiking for charity through Europe next month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170117-153312~2.jpg (150KB, 1440x840px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170117-153312~2.jpg
150KB, 1440x840px
I am going hitchhiking for charity through Europe next month via this (rough) route. I will have a load of documents on me 'proving' I'm doing this for charity, if proving is the right word to use, as well as a booklet with loads of phrases translated into all official languages of the EU. I myself can speak English, German, Dutch and Russian.

Tips for these countries as well as tips on blagging free trains/ferries?
>>
File: 124143424552.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
124143424552.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
>>1224624
>backpacking in europe for charity
wow, what an incredible self sacrifice.
someone better get on the blower to the queen, get this lad on the new years honours list.

Please explain how you going on a jolly to the continent is beneficial to anyone other than you?
>>
>>1224624
OP, we demand answers!
>>
>>1224633
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fundraising

Some friends of mine got Thomas Cook to give them one-way tickets from Edinburgh to Salzburg when they did this. It's a long shot, but if you find yourself near an airport...

I've never hitched the Chunnel, but the ferry at Dover is straightforward enough, though wait times tend to be long. It's just important to let drivers know that they don't have to pay extra to pick you up. My sign usually says something like "Room for one more? No extra cost!"
>>
>>1224648
>fundraising
ye, i still don't get it. it's not an act of philanthropy, nor is it some kind of sacrifice. He's doing something entirely enjoyable, something a lot of less privileged people would love to do.
maybe if he was going to walk the entire distance.
as is, it's morally reprehensible and i'm sick of seeing this sort of thing.
>>
File: fishmouth.png (199KB, 478x258px) Image search: [Google]
fishmouth.png
199KB, 478x258px
>>1224624
>does something they find enjoyable
>still tries to virtue signal because it's "for charity"

Check your privilege, anon.
>>
>>1224624
pretty much what the others said, hitchhiking's simply cool and I can't get why would anybody pay you for this

That being said, I am a seasoned hitchhiker (50000km, have seen nearly whole eu, china, mongolia, russia, etc.) >>1224624
and can give you detailed info in exchange for detailed info on how do you find and convince an idiot to give you (or poor children or whatever, I don't care) the cash for the trip
>>
>>1224766
Less privileged people couldn't hitchhike?
Morally reprehensible is trying to make someone feel bad for doing more than your sorry ass has ever done toward curing cancer.
The fuck difference would walking the route make?
>>
>>1225931
fine. So today I'm going to eat a dinner to cure cancer.
And tomorrow I'll consider masturbating to cure cancer maybe.
Fuck it, if it cures nice girls I can masturbate daily for them
>>
>>1225941
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundraising#Fundraiser_events
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.