[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Illegal American in Spain? Any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3018.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3018.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I am an American student that overstayed by 90 days in Spain (Schengen area). Planning on staying here for 5 more months. Renting an apartment at the moment and landed a short-term contract job today. I am obviously not legal but I was wondering if there was any way I could make an exception for that....

I have a working holiday visa for Ireland which is obviously not the same but it's in the EU.

I don't know what to do.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
>>
File: spanish inquisition.jpg (24KB, 315x237px) Image search: [Google]
spanish inquisition.jpg
24KB, 315x237px
>>1224490
What exactly are you wanting to accomplish from this point?
>>
>>1224503
That's a really good question. It's a bit of a long story, but I had breakdown in my life of some sorts, and took a year off of school. I am not looking to settle permanently. Just want to work in Spain to provide for my basic needs (rent, food, etc) and get my life back together (mentally speaking).

I just want to work in Spain short-term.
>>
>>1224510
>I just want to work in Spain short-term.
Congratulations on picking a country with 40% youth unemployment, OP. I guess its true what they say about illegals - they really don't send their best, do they?

Jokes aside, go home. It will be a lot less stressful than living illegally in a dysfunctional economy.
>>
Too late now. You're an illegal alien. Whenever you try to leave, you may be caught, and banned from re-entering Europe. Also, at any time you could be subject to a random unrelated check - say, a traffic accident, or if you need to go to a hospital. You'll be caught and deported.
>>
Doesn't your employer ask to see your visa documentation?
I don't know how it is in spain but here in the UK employers can face massive fines and even criminal prosecution for employing illegals. It's the employer's responsibility to ensure they have the right to work.
>>
>>1224490
OP don't ask a bunch of retards on a cantonese carrot peeling forum. Go to a Oficina de Extranjería and they will help you, but I think that they are probably going to explain you in all sorts of details why you are a fucktard. Not only did you overstay your visa, but now you are planning on working illegally inside the EU.

AFAIK you can only regularize your situation once you've been living in Spain for 2 years and have an employer that is willing to contract you.
>>
>>1224503
hah, I didn't expect this post
>>
>>1224490
You have to go back.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.