[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

London General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 123.jpg (9KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
9KB, 284x177px
I'm travelling to London on the 17th. I'll be staying for 2 weeks. Any suggestions on what I should do?
also, London gen thread.
>>
>>1224479
Go to Greenwich, go to the Prime Meridian and be cool by changing hemispheres several times in that day.
Then have a traditional meal of pies, mash and sauce and Goddard's at Greenwich.
It is a cheap and authentic place. It is hard to find a traditional British food restaurant that isn't a tourist trap.
That was a small gem
>>
>>1224561
Not OP actually
>>
>>1224561
would you recommend any places where I could jog? Im a running addict
>>
>>1224711
Hyde Park , Regents Park, Run around the borough of Westminster
>>
>>1224711
The Thames foreshore at low tide is quite cool
>>
>>1224479
kew gardens
tate modern
buckingham palace
>>
V&A
British Museum
Courtald Gallery
St. Paul's
Tate

London has some of greatest museums in the world
>>
Hey I'll be in London around that time, want to sightsee together?
>>
>>1224711
Run the thames pathway
>>
>>1224857
Sure mate! how do we get keep in touch though?
>>
If you're here for 2 weeks, I'd recommend taking some time outside London. I don't know about how fast you like to sightsee, but I'd have run out of stuff to do in London after a week. Take a trip out to the home counties if you can - Kent has the North Downs if you're interested in the countryside at all, and Canterbury is worth a visit for the cathedral alone. Train tickets/car rental aren't all that expensive.
>>
>>1225208
Don't even need to limit yourself to the Home Counties - Bristol and Norwich are great and are only two hours away on the train
>>
>>1224711
Away from the shitskins.
>>
>>1225208
YORK
>>
File: 1485983321804.jpg (107KB, 750x677px) Image search: [Google]
1485983321804.jpg
107KB, 750x677px
>>1224479
Eat at Rules, drink in Cafe Cairo, gig at ronnie scotts, and have a picnic on hampstead heath
>>
>>1224479
>I'm travelling to London
Why
>>
>>1226752
This, it's a shit hole.
>>
>>1225208
>>1225218
Definitely interested in visiting more than London and ready to accept cool places. Always wanted to visit Brighton for some reason.
>>
Be faster than these Muslims in rented cars OP.
London nowadays is like Syria.
>>
>>1224479
did he ded?
>>
>>1226752
I second this, Londoner here since 5 years. Every moment of living here is agony and suffering.
This place is dirty, ugly, has terrible food(inb4 Michelin star restaurants), and the only thing that makes it attract people is the ability to find a job quickly.
>>
OP here, I'm already bored. I've seen every single royal park and attraction in London and now I'm at a coffee shop reading a book I picked from Foyles. Any suggestions?
>>
>>1228152
I definitely agree. The street food not only smells awful, but also looks like dog shit as well. I expected more from London to be honest.
>>
>>1228313
Get out of London and come to Kent. There's lots of countryside and castles and shit.
>>
>>1228152
>(inb4 Michelin star restaurants),
how much do those places cost? i like to eat out but i rarely enjoy food costing > $100 more than food costing $30
>>
Not really London but maybe you brits can help me. /int/ was rude

Me and gf are planing on moving to the UK, pretty permanently, and we already have friends (also bf and gf) who live and work there. We'd like to rent a house together, but most landlords say the house "can't accomodate 4 adults" which is kinda bullshitty to me. Friend says he heard about people living in one such house, the 3 of them.
So maybe the path for us to walk is telling the landlord there's only 3 of us.

Is this a viable idea?

Also now that you know my situation is there something smarter/less dodgy that you could recommend us?

We're looking around St Albans, Hertfordshire
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.