[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the most eerie/creepy place you've visited?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

state, country, truck stop shower, whatever
>>
File: forestspirit.jpg (41KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
forestspirit.jpg
41KB, 852x480px
>>1224271
right behind you
>>
I explored a partially abandoned underground complex in Tbilisi, Georgia, back in 2013, as well as an empty insane asylum in Massachusetts the following year.

The former was creepy because it legitimately felt like the sort of place where you could get murdered by homicidal hobos or marauding bands of zombies. There was a burnt-out police car in the basement, piles of blood-stained gloves, and a stuffed or frozen capybara surrounded by clotted fur and chewed-on bones. Needless to say, the whole place was pitch-dark. Near the bottom of the stairs, the ground was invisible due to all the shattered glass and spent syringes. Anybody who walked down there in sandals or barefoot probably would have caught AIDS or herpes within a millisecond.

Don't think I need to explain the insane asylum. I don't believe in ghosts but my cousin was having a rough time once we crawled in through a window and went up to a residential area. We had to wear masks because of the potential for asbestos. Honestly, all of the buildings we could access were very interesting - it was like stepping back in time to the 1970s or 1980s. There were still patient registers and medication charts on the wall. Underground there were series of tunnels which would grow progressively smaller the farther down you went.

We also found a giant room that was almost exclusively full of toilets and toilet seats.
>>
>>1224271
For me, West Virginia State Penitentiary.

It's no longer in use, but they give tours. I took one with just one other dude, that I didn't know as an old man showed us around and talked about its very bloody history. Pretty chilling.

Pic related. Me in a cell.
>>
>>1224271
Pripyat. Seeing how all was hastily abandoned after the Chernobyl incident, and decaying.
>>
File: Marin Headlands.jpg (710KB, 1892x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Marin Headlands.jpg
710KB, 1892x1011px
Not so much errie/creepy, but I have experienced something that scared the shit out of me. I honestly almost sharted. It’s long but whatever..

My friends and I traveled to Marin Headlands near San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge. The only way to get there is on a one-way road. The road is on the edge of a cliff. Not a mountain, a cliff. The width of the road is no bigger than the width of your car. Also, the road has no barriers and it is extremely curvy and windy AS FUCK. It’s also slightly slanted at an angle towards the cliff. I don’t understand how that road is regulated as safe. The day my friends and I went was so cloudy and foggy that we could not see a foot in front of the car. It was as if we were driving in a cloud.

Anyway, after driving extremely slow and defeating death, we finally got to a tiny view point/rest area on the side of the road, big enough for two cars. We parked and got out because it was so foggy, we decided to wait until the fog would pass. My friends and I were amazed at the thickness of the fog and we ran to the edge of the rest stop and pretended to jump off into the cloud, taking pictures and shit. We were fucking around and balancing on the edge and pretending to push each other off. We thought we were maybe twenty feet up on a mountain, no big deal. All of a sudden, the fog began to clear up and a hole opened up in the cloud we were standing in, revealing what was under us. We were standing at the edge of a cliff, I’d estimate at a 1,500 foot elevation, looking down at tiny cargo ships on the ocean. When I realized where I was standing my palms got so sweaty and my heart began to beat so fast I almost had a heart attack. I grabbed my friend’s jacket and pulled him into safety with me. To this day I shiver when I think about that experience, from the car ride all the way to that moment of panic..

Pic related. I circled in red where we parked the car, cliff under our feet.
>>
>>1224920
lol half of highway 1 is like that dude
>>
>>1224271
ur mums house
>>
On our honeymoon we travelled through Italy and in Volterra there was pretty neat exhibition of torturing tools - that was creepy for my wife, I don't give a fuck for I'm your usual 4channy sociopath.
But in the museum there was quite large exhibition of Etruscan tombstones, graves, their religion and so. As a student of history I delved into this and those ancient fuckers creep me out more than goddamn Celts.
>>
New Jersey
>>
File: kuwait bunker.jpg (56KB, 735x556px) Image search: [Google]
kuwait bunker.jpg
56KB, 735x556px
>>1224271
Abandoned tank/AA bunker built by the Iraqis in Kuwait. Riddled with bullet holes, collapsed floor and faint traces of the guys who were there -- scraps of uniform cloth, etc. Looks like those guys went out the hard way.
>>
>>1224287
could you give me the directions to that Tibilisi complex?
>>
>>1226080
are you shitting me? What's it like from Eureka to Point Arena for example?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1224287
That asylum sounds like the Belchertown State School. Did you check out the electro-shock room in the infirmary basement?
>>
>>1227006

not that guy but I'm from northern CA

no really, like half of highway 1 is just like that from Mendocino to crescent city

its amazingly beautiful but you should drive carefully, it's really just a scenic route, and the main transit lines are well inland and have multiple lanes

also you should consider the fact that height/guardrails are kind of just an ease of mind thing

will go through rails above 40mph, and even a 40 foot drop in a car will kill you just as dead as a 1500 drop
>>
>>1227006
>>1227187
>>1224920
Almost all of the roads in Humboldt county are like that.

I almost careened off of a cliff driving in the boonies of Garberville. On a SUNNY day.
>>
>>1227187
>>1227236

Holy shit, thanks for the heads up. I am taking the scenic route from SF all the way to Redwood, so that's good to know. Any infamous places or portions where I should play it safe?

I should probably make a separate thread for this, but is there anything else to see in northern Cali nature-wise?
>>
>>1226977

It's right near the Radisson Blue Hotel. There's a staircase which goes straight down into the sidewalk and leads into a pedestrian underpass.

The complex has three levels: the uppermost has a handful of cell phone shops and Turkish food stalls; the second is partially abandoned but has four or five brothels masquerading as discos; and the bottommost is entirely abandoned and quite expansive.

I posted a few pictures way back in 2013. Will put some up later, if anyone wants.

>>1227168

It was Belchertown State School!

I can't remember if we found the electroshock room or not. I went with my cousin and a lot of the buildings were inaccessible.

Probably got fucking mesothelioma from all the asbestos inside.
>>
>>1227391
>Will put some up later, if anyone wants.
sure thing, it sounds very interesting!
Were there any people around when you were entering/walking around that basement?
>>
>>1227392

Will do tomorrow afternoon.

I had write a handful of articles for a client and am just wrapping up now at about 2:30am EST. My travel photographs are all on my old laptop, so I doubt I'll get around to posting until the afternoon.
>>
detroit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.