[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multi-city flight tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: airplane.jpg (57KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
airplane.jpg
57KB, 1000x667px
Does anyone have good tips on trying to fly multi-city? The plan is to go to Iceland for a week, and then go to Lisbon for three weeks. Most of the travel sites I've found handle this in the worst ways I can imagine, and the prices fluctuate between $800 and $5000.

My dad says I'm probably best off just booking my flight to Iceland and winging the rest, because flights are cheaper once you land in Europe (I'm coming from NY). Is that actually good advice? I'm looking at using Icelandairs stopover deal, but they don't fly to Portugal.
>>
>>1223890
Yea, multi-city from the same airlines are shit. Forget about them. Icelandair's stopover option is nice if you can use it. If not, just book your main flight to Europe, and once there use cheap airlines to get around. There are plenty.
>>
Post dates and I'll try to find something
However >>1223927 is right, you can fly to icelandair and then get a cheap flight to Lisbon
>>
>>1223965
Thanks, but I'm just trying to figure it out now so I can keep out for a good deal. I'm not leaving until mid-September.

>>1223927
I guess I'll go with this idea then. Should I book my return from Europe before I leave?
>>
>>1223965
>>1223890
Even with the Icelandair trip I could never find anything more than one day layover in Reykjavik. One day is really pointless if you want to see anything cool in Iceland I would need at least 3 before I could justify that layover even for a free multi-city opportunity.

I tried looking for flights to Lisbon from Chicago or Denver around the end of December but I could never get more than one day and Iceland so I just said forget it and fuck the multi-city stuff.

Fun fact: the stopover in Iceland was invented not for fun but by necessity when planes used to have to stop there to refuel in the past, not so now.
>>
>>1223890
Make sure your ticket mirrors your itinerary.

For example, if your ticket states XXX to YYY to ZZZ, Airline XXX is reponsible to get you to ZZZ.

If your ticket is separate, Airline XXX is only repsponisible to get you to YYY. Thats your contract. You might as well be on amtrack, From XXX delay's perspecive, your on your own. We got you to YYY.
>>
>>1224955
You can piece this together, and it will probably be cheaper overall, but it is a gamble.

If you get delayed, youre fucked.

Take it from an airline employee that has said numerous times to stranded customers "youre fucked. Cant help you, read the contract"
Of course I said it nicer, but was the reality.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.