[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Upcoming travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 35

File: fwdwgqi16uey.jpg (452KB, 2256x1496px) Image search: [Google]
fwdwgqi16uey.jpg
452KB, 2256x1496px
Where are you going next?
Why did you choose that particular country/region?
How are you preparing?
What are you most looking forward to seeing?
>>
>>1223859
>In July, a 2 week trip to Barcelona, Berlin, and Prague, but Berlin and Prague are not a certainty
>It will be my first solo trip, and a Europe seems like a good place to do that. Plus, I have been to Barcelona before and love the city. I am thinking of Berlin because of the nightlife, and partying is one of the reasons for the trip. Prague seems to be on everyone's list, so I'm seeing it because I hear it's a great city.
>I haven't started preparing yet, and I'm not sure how to begin.
>I am really looking forward to seeing La Sagrada Familia.
If anyone has tips for me, I would love to hear them.
>>
>>1223859
I'm going to China
I'm learning the language and this was a very inexpensive school sponsored trip
Besides filling out paperwork and attending class, I've been researching what china is like a little bit
I'm not sure yet

Anyone been to Beijing or Shanghai?
>>
>>1223859
Leaving tonight from Australia to go to Switzerland, then to see a friend in Serbia and ultimately ending up in the UK on a 2 year working visa

quite nervous tbqh
>>
>>1223859
I'm spending a little over a month with my wife, two little kids, and, briefly, brother, parents, and parents-in-law, touring Italy, in June and July.

We chose Italy because my wife and I love history, we speak some Italian, we like wine, I like coffee, she and our kids love the food (I like it as well, but I'll eat anything), and we haven't been since we were children.

We are preparing by doing some research, booking most of our accommodation and transport in advance (it's MUCH harder to wing it with two under-fives), and encouraging the kids to walk around without whining as 'Practice for Italy.' We are offering a lot of gelato as bribery.

I'm looking forward to extended stays in Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast, as well as Syracuse, Sicily. My wife is excited to see Pompeii and Herculaneum.
>>
File: conch fritters.jpg (260KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
conch fritters.jpg
260KB, 1200x800px
>>1223859
>Where are you going next?
Turks and Caicos

>Why did you choose that particular country/region?
Family trip to celebrate mom's birthday.

>How are you preparing?
Buying sun screen.

>What are you most looking forward to seeing?
"Conch Ranch" claims to have an amazing trained conch. I plan to be amazed. Also, we'll be there during a full moon when "glowworms" are expected on the reef, looking forward to seeing that.

Pic related was presumably too old to begin the training...
>>
>>1223888
>Beijing or Shanghai
Yeah, but pretty briefly. The chances I could answer a question that is not Bleeding Obvious are small, but I'll try.
>>
>>1224066
What is there to do?
>>
>>1224134
Some things, they are two large cities...

What are you into?
>>
Just booked flights to Italy for a week in July. Flying to Rome, staying just outside of Lucca.
It's a family trip to celebrate my mom and grandmothers birthday.
>How are you preparing?
Not doing too much, still a while untill I leave anyway.
Nothing really big planned, might visit the Ferrari factory for a day. Other than that just looking forward to eating good food and drinking wine.
>>
>>1224153
>17 years old
>Into learning about history
>Enjoy video games
>Extremely Anti-Social most of the time but not socially awkward
>I really enjoy Asian Cuisine, but who doesn't
>I enjoy going to places to do something I can't do elsewhere, I'm not really the type to go around and look at landmarks, museums excluded.

Based of off the admittedly limited itinerary I already have, I know I'm going to be doing some basic things (seeing the wall and other common attractions) but I don't really know what I'm going to do with the large amount of time we get by ourselves.
>>

Probably going to Ecuador.

It's the only major (apart from Venezuela) country I missed during my year-long South America trip. I miss South America so I want to go back. Ecuador is pretty small so you can have beaches, jungle and mountains in one.

>How are you preparing?

Probably going to buy a Lonely Planet soon and start to obsess over the itinerary

The top of Chimborazo and some juicy latina ass in my face.
>>
>>1223859
Brittany, France
The peace and quiet of a quaint little fishing village is a prime backdrop for inactivity holidays - just kick back, relax, and enjoy doing nothing more exhausting than a walk by the rocky shore if you feel like it.The climate is mild, never too hot or too cold, the food has ample opportunities for the gourmand life, and you can always go sightseeing for some gothic cathedrals or something if you really feel the need. My retiree friends live there, so the company is good, too.
>How are you preparing?
I go there regularly, so preparation is pretty much unnecessary - just figure out a date, take off work and I'm set.
Strolling along some farmer's market by the sea in the ambiance of some old pirate town-
>>
NYC
I have to be there for a conference so I added some days off
I should probably get my ESTA soon
I was already there before, but definitely more of Brooklyn, the Highline, more of Downtown Manhattan
>>
>>1223859
Hannover
Going with some family, theres something they want to see but its just an excuse for a piss up
>How are you preparing?
Shitposting on /trv/
Dunno desu, hopefully bang some qt3.14 Germans
>>
>>1224196
Should say thats in may.After that in July doing my first solo travel abroad.
Sweden( Stockholm, Uppsala, Gavle), maybe Norway then Germany again (Hamburg and then Berlin)
Sweden cause wanna see the scenery and I've been sorta learning the language.
>How are you preparing?
Googling shite, trying to work out roughly where I'll be when, have a few days I need to stick to and working around them
Wanna check out the Swedish history museum and the Vasa looks pretty cool. Also heading to Wacken so pretty hyped
>>
>>1223859
Las Vegas
its far but not too far
>How are you preparing?
lol idunno reservations or just walking into a motel 8 or some shit
skanks, fun, strippers, drinks with my old friends from middle school
>>
>>1223859
Would not mind going back to Japan, only this time spending more time in Hokkaido.

With a fishing pole.

Probably never going to happen, as I cannot stand the TSA.
>>
Gonna buy a shit motorcycle and tour the U.S. Seems like a good time in American history to see America.
>>
File: Prambanan-Temple-Images.jpg (916KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Prambanan-Temple-Images.jpg
916KB, 1000x667px
Going to Indonesia and Hong Kong in two weeks for 1,5 months

>Amster dam -> Jakarta
Go to a concert in the 24h that I'm there
>Jakarta -> Semarang
Work on a project
>Semarang -> Yogyakarta
Work on project
Visit Borobudur and Prambanan
Climb Bromo vulcano
Go to Bali, Gili's and Lombok
>Bali -> Hong Kong
Visit HK, Macau & Shenzen for a week
>Hong Kong -> Amsterdam
Go home
>>
>>1223894
I'm going from Aus soon to ultimately end up on a two year working holiday too! I'm quite nervous desu, have no idea what to do for work but so keen to meet new people
>>
Going to Bangkok this weekend for shits and giggles. Mainly to just collect miles and chill.
>>
Iceland
its close and not costly for me and my friend (outside of tourist season). also wanted to visit iceland for a long time anyway
>How are you preparing?
this isn't my first week-long trip, and i will be sleeping at a hotel not out in wilderness. weather is same as here, language not a problem either.
geysers, volcanic caves, hot baths, the reykjavik area and its surroundings have very unique things to offer.
>>
Budapest

GF wants to reconnect with family. Pretty excited desu always wanted to go there. Gonna bathe a lot and eat paprika
>>
Around April 10th I will be traveling from Melbourne to Darwin through the Outback
I was deciding between Western Australia and Northern Territory. I need to do farm work for the second year work holiday visa. Darwin area should have a lot of work that will give me that visa.
>How are you preparing?
I bought a car and need it to get fully prepared. I also need to get some camping gear. Found a few people who might be interested in joining me and will be talking about the trip with them in the next few days/weeks.
Great Ocean Road and Uluru for sure. I'm also quite interested in some the National Parks in the north of the country. I really love the desert landscape and I think I will love going through the outback.
>>
>>1224361
Dude working visa's here are either incredible or a nightmare, it all comes down to when you do the rural work. Look into how our farmers take advantage of visa holders doing their mandatory rural placements.

>>1224363
Noiceeeee
>>
File: terceira.jpg (65KB, 818x444px) Image search: [Google]
terceira.jpg
65KB, 818x444px
Terceira island in the Azores.
Niece married into a family who's originally from there. Asked if I wanted to tag along when they visit relatives this summer.
>How are you preparing?
I'm not, really.
I guess there's a week-long festival in the town we're staying. That'll be something. Suggestions, anyone?
>>
File: fixedw_large_4x.jpg (787KB, 1224x816px) Image search: [Google]
fixedw_large_4x.jpg
787KB, 1224x816px
>>1223859
China & HK
"There is no hell greater than the one reserved for the man who leaves his heart in a hated country"

I studied Chinese in college, lived there for a year, feel like my life stalled after that. 4-5 years on, going back to find a job there.

>How are you preparing?
Quitting my current job, getting a working holiday visa to HK, potentially getting some shots, networking my ass off to set up meetings there so I can not be a starving homeless man, that kind of thing.

Life in HK. There's just something about the place that I loved. Also looking forward to a few drinks in a shady spot in the French Concession in Shanghai (pic related)
>>
Back home for Easter, I'm an expat.
>
>How are you preparing?
I have booked my flight, and I'm meeting all of my friends. It's surprising how much I have started appreciating my own country more.
Friends and my grandma. :3

After that, I still have 20 holiday days to take up until the end of August, but I haven't planned anything yet. Probably some island-hopping in Greece, visiting a friend in Prague, and see if I can find a cheap ticket to some random Windward Island for a laugh.
>>
Hoping to do Taiwan for a week or two this summer. Want to hike Taiping Mountain.

Any tips because it's my first time leaving the country and will likely be a solo trip.
>>
File: north-norway.jpg (56KB, 720x333px) Image search: [Google]
north-norway.jpg
56KB, 720x333px
>>1223859
> Norway
> I love northern countries
> Books and Internet, I also use Flickr to spot good places (there is A LOT of photos on flickr), also a little google map.
> North of norway, Tromso and fjords
>>
File: stock-photo-168732025.jpg (100KB, 2000x1175px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-168732025.jpg
100KB, 2000x1175px
>>1224375
> geysers
> hot bath
> reykjavik

Don't stay in the golden circle please, go up north west in the fjords it's way better
>>
Ireland -> Portugal -> Spain -> Hungary -> Austria -> Croatia -> Czech Republic -> Netherlands

Spoke with a lot of people who traveled and did research

Got all my flights done, booking hostels and such now

Halstatt, Austria
>>
>>1224587
How many weeks?
>>
4 1/2
>>
Senegal for two weeks:
>Why
Never been sub-Sahara; also want to go somewhere I can improve my French.
>Preparation
Listening to the FSI Sub-Saharan French tapes and researching food
>Looking forward to
The Saloum Delta, traditional wrestling
>>
>>1224588
4 1/2
>>
>>1224375
I spent 10 days backpacking with a group of friends. I suggest spending a day in Reykjavik to try a hot dog and check out the Big Lebowski bar.
>>
>>1224591
nice. how different is sub-saharan french from regular french?
>>
File: mount-kilimanjaro.jpg (85KB, 504x373px) Image search: [Google]
mount-kilimanjaro.jpg
85KB, 504x373px

I have several confirmed upcoming trips. I've bought a round-trip ticket for a two-and-a-half week excursion in Ecuador in May. Come June, I'll be flying one-way to Mexico City, departing to New York, and then jetting to Tanzania with a twelve-hour layover in Cairo.

So I've got Ecuador, Mexico, Tanzania, and sort-of Egypt confirmed. I may or may not take Fall Semester 2017 off to travel more. If I do, I'll go to at least Ethiopia and then Egypt again. Right now, I'm inclined just to go to back to school and wrap up my degree, but I might feel differently in August.

I chose Ecuador because I had $100 in JetBlue Credit leftover from last year. Ecuador was the cheapest destination JetBlue had from Detroit in May, aside from Mexico. Since I'm already going to Mexico in June, I figured I"d try Ecuador. Don't really know anything about the place, though.

Doing Mexico because I've never gone and want to try the food. I've loved what I've seen of Latin America so far, too (Colombia, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua). Tanzania because I have a friend in the Peace Corps there and I can stay with him for free for basically as long as I want.

>How are you preparing?

I'm really not. I'm doing some preliminary research on Ecuador now and will probably come up with a very flexible and lightweight list of places to go. I tend to travel pretty spontaneously and spur-of-the-moment.

I do have an travel clinic appointment booked in April so I can get my Yellow Fever vaccine and WHO card, which I need for Tanzania as well as several countries I'm thinking about going to afterward.

Cuenca and the rainforest in Ecuador; pyramids on my layover in Cairo; the beaches of Zanzibar (where my friend is stationed) and African wildlife in mainland Tanzania. No clue where I'll be going in Mexico yet, but I'm definitely going to check out some Aztec ruins.
>>
>>1223859
Manila, arriving April 27th. I wanna go around SEA (Phi, Cambodia, Vietnam, maybe then China) and pick a place to live for 2 months on just $800 a month.
>>

India for two weeks next month

I was in SEA last month, other travellers told me it was legit and I found cheap flights

>How are you preparing?

Getting all the train stuff figured out in advance, having a rough route planned. Might fly from Delhi to Goa so gonna get a flight sorted

Just some expectation challenging stuff. Hopefully there will be some interaction with the locals which won't just be me getting fleeced for my cash
>>
fuerteventura on Monday
pretty excited desu
looking forward to sun (being from the UK) and goats cheese

also the hikes should be prettyfun
>>
>>1223888
shithole

turn back
>>
>>1223894
are you employing one of our people in return or need I remind you we're full too?
>>
>>1224731
whatdidya do in SEA
>>
>>1223859
Spending a couple of weeks in Spain, going from Barcelona, Valencia, Cartagena, Almeria to Malaga in late May/early June
Because I like Spain and it's the only area of of the country I've never been to
>How are you preparing?
I'm not, really. I already know as much Spanish as I'll need so I'm good
Valencia, I've heard it's nice
>>
england
visiting friends studying at the unis there + to take a break from life
>How are you preparing?
Bought the plane tickets and noted down some nice places on a map. I really want to be able to be as spontaneous as I can when i'm there.
My friends. Plus, i'm looking forward to see myself smile again. Life man... it's all so tiresome. and the country (anyone know of some nice day cycling trips around cambridge with the best country?)
>>
Where are you going next? I'm going yo Colombia
Why did you choose that particular country/region? Because I love the Colombian girls and the way that they talk
How are you preparing? After finish high school I'm gonna study fly attendance for travel t another countries for free
What are you most looking forward to seeing? Find beautiful girls
>>
>>1223859
Seattle for Sakuracon
Sakuracon weeb event
>How are you preparing?
Cosplay in a backpack and 2 changes of clothes
Doing a day or two around the con to explore the area, looking forward to seeing the space needle, getting some fresh seafood, and a few old ships and possibly buying legal weed >inb4 LMAODUDE
>>
>>1223859

>here are you going next?
Trip to Iberia:
Planning to visit Barcelona, Malaga, Granada and Lisboa
Never visited Spain. Cheap and safe, nice weather. I speak a tiny bit of spanish
>How are you preparing?
Quite autistically
Already made a Excel-table to get all the info i need. Booked the flights so far. Other than thatt i want it to be spontaneous
The sun
>>
Sri lanka, I leave tomorrow
why sri lanka?... cause it looks amazing and has what i'm looking for, sun, food, wildlife, train rides.
how am i preparing?... i'm not preparing. packed a carry on full of clean shirts and underwear. that's all

captcha select all images with airplanes.. fuck yeah
>>
>>1224687
Actually I don't know yet; the FSI course seems pretty faithful to 'proper' French so far.
But I can speak from experience from when I was in Mauritania -- I assumed the French they spoke there was similar to Senegal, because it's nothing like the clean version they speak in Morocco.
Some examples of differences I noticed are that they never use the 'vous' form, and they drop the double negative and just use 'pas' alone for negation. And they favor a different lexicon generally; I can't give any particular examples but you can tell.
I've noticed these characteristics in Parisian speech as well. I wonder whether the Parisian dialect influenced sub-Saharan French, or vice-versa.
>>
>>1224865
Have a blast, mang; I'm always looking for an excuse to make a second voyage there.
>>
>>1223859
Thailand+Japan

I'm basically tagging along with my mate

>How are you preparing?
Shogun 2/history of japan. Watching some Vloggers in Japan

Probably just the general ambience and nature of Japan and food for Thailand
>>
>>1223859
Hong Kong for a few days, chose it mostly for sex tourism honestly. And authentic cantonese food. Looking forward to seeing my dick in some thai/chinese/indo girls.
>>
Myanmar and Sri lanka

I have a friend who will be in myanmar in dec and i'd like to be there with her

>How are you preparing?
it's going to be in december so i haven't prepared anything yet

>What are you most looking forward to seeing
Anything goes, i'm not really picky, i'll let nature run it's course
>>
File: colli.jpg (364KB, 1200x767px) Image search: [Google]
colli.jpg
364KB, 1200x767px
>>1223899
>looking forward to extended stays in Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast, as well as Syracuse, Sicily
I reccomend you to visit Colli Euganei which are not so far from Venice (nearly 35kilometers). I live there and it's one of the most beautiful place in the whole Italy. It's also recognised for being the home for some of the finest wines of the world. For Example : Fior d’Arancio , Fior d'Alpe passito , Raboso , Rabosello , Serprino or Moscato
>>
File: Colli-Euganei-Padova-800x445.jpg (33KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
Colli-Euganei-Padova-800x445.jpg
33KB, 800x445px
>>1225387
here they are in fall/winter
>>
>>1225362
HK is one of the top destinations in the world for pussy.
>>
>>1225387
>>1225388
Looks gorgeous, thanks! We are flying home from Venice and will have a car, so that looks well worth exploring before we leave. Do you have a favorite local winemaker?
>>
>>1225723
winemakers sells wine to local restaurant/cafè so you can easily drink there wine glasses . I reccommend you one of my favorite location which is Bar Ventolone in Arquà Petrarca , an intact medieval city at the borders of the eugan hills. ( you can find the relative tripadvisor page here -> https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g940890-d6870410-Reviews-Bar_Bruschetteria_Ventolone-Arqua_Petrarca_Province_of_Padua_Veneto.html )
>>
File: sette_chiesette.jpg (84KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
sette_chiesette.jpg
84KB, 720x478px
>>1225723
not far from there , there's two beautyful cities you absolutely have to visit if you come here: Este and Monselice ,both with great stories behind. ( Monselice in pic )
>>
Going to Ft. Lauderdale for a weeklong training class. Have a cheap Airbnb booked for the week. Preparing by fixing my car's issues and googling the region. Won't have a ton of free time but plan on checking out the beach, the big marina area, and that big park on the coast. Maybe eat some Cuban food.
>>
File: IMG-20170314-WA0005.jpg (95KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170314-WA0005.jpg
95KB, 500x702px
Graduating from college and have 6k saved, im beginning to plan my first solo trip. Pretty conflicted about choosing a destination, its all a bit overwhelming.
>>
>>1224391
There will be a lot of work in Darwin...The climate is unbearable though.
>>
Going to Toronto for sure in June and July. Possibly going to NYC and SoCal this summer as well.
>>
>>1223859
Looking forward to a one week stay at a resort in Saint Thomas VI. First resort type of vacation I have ever done now that I have a wife and young two year old. I have to hang up the real traveller backpack for a few years until kid can carry own bag.

June I have a conference in Los Anageles, so I will probably mostly be eating at a few of my favorite childhood places when I have the time.

In September I am doing an exchange type thing and switching places with a colleague of mine in London for a year pretty excited to take the family along for that.
>>
>>1223859
Just did Vancouver. Going to Miami tomorrow. Chicago in April. Michigan for a music festival in June. The Gorge Amphitheater in Washington State for another music thing in September. Going to drive there from Minneapolis to enjoy the drive. And since we'll be going through Montana and Idaho, that'll bring my state count to 47/50.

Would like to go overseas in 2017, but haven't planned anything yet.
>>
File: 1351097163147.jpg (70KB, 237x344px) Image search: [Google]
1351097163147.jpg
70KB, 237x344px
Iran in approximately two weeks
I like all the world apart from Oceania and North America north of Mexico. But I have a special relationship with the middle east and the "islamic" world. It's packed with history and it has a similar way of life as we mediterraneans do yet completely different in some aspects. I like the way it sometimes can feel so different and some times so close
>How are you preparing?
I always do the same. Read history of the place I'm going to visit, check what's there to see, see documentaries, prepare hard-copy maps, etc.
In the beginning I thought it would be Isfahan and Khalid Nabi but now I'm just looking forward to see the ancient persian sites as well as forgotten caravanserais in the eastern deserts
>>
In a week at this time I'll be in the plane to France. A week along the Loire and up Brittany and Normandy before I spend 2 weeks with family in northern France.
We'll also drive to London and spend 2 days there. Booked plane tickets, car rental and the hotels for the 1st week. Home country even tho I live overseas so I'm not lost there.

Short business trip to China in July, I'll make arrangements to spend a night in HK before I fly home, probably get another tattoo there and enjoy the local life I miss (lived there 2004-2008). Nothing to prepare except booking flights and hotels, I'll be looked after by the factory in China and I'm independant in HK.
I'll also spend a few days in Mauritius early October, my mom and her boyfriend are visiting us in the region and she has never been, so we are booking a big ass villa in Mauritius and enjoying the place. Villa and tickets are already booked, just need to decide weather we rent a car or a driver for our time there.
I wish we would be able to make an additional trip to South Africa but timing and money will probably be too tight in 2017. We'll see.
>>
>>1227012
>I like all the world apart from Oceania and North America north of Mexico
Fuck you, Mahmoud
>>
File: 1490109163178.jpg (133KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1490109163178.jpg
133KB, 546x700px
>>1227032
>>
Prague with my friend

Any advice?
>>
>>1227043
You're the one that posted a pic of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
>>
Las Vegas and LA
It's going to be my 21st birthday in May. Vegas seemed like an obvious choice. LA is to go to Disney, Universal Studios, and visit the Sunset Strip.
>How are you preparing?
Already bought show tickets for Vegas. Gotta wait a bit until I can reserve dining at Disney.
I'm looking forward to going to Red Rock Canyon, and bungee jumping off of the Stratosphere

>>1224559
Holy shit that picture looks cozy
>>
File: hehe.png (387KB, 425x526px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.png
387KB, 425x526px
Going to Norway in may for hitchhiking and camping trip.
Also to bang Norwegian chicks :)
>>
UK
Gf and i love touring by car. I haven't been there besides airports nor have I driven in a LHD country. Looking forward to Wales and Yorkshire... planning to avoid london.
>>
>>1223859
Japan
Flights were like $600 return
>How are you preparing?
I bought some warmer clothes because it is cold there
I don't know. Any advice appreciated. Not really a weeb so I honestly have no idea what sites to see. Was just going to see what the hostel recommended. I leave in a week. I got a rail pass and I am going to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima
>>
>>1224391
Make sure you are listening to triple J the whole way there cunt
>>
Either Bhutan or South Korea.

Bhutan: Because it's the most obscure country I can think of, and it would be a nice check off my travel list. Also, I'm a huge fan of the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney video game series, and the latest game takes place in a fictional country that is loosely based on Bhutan.

There is very little preparation involved, as tourism in Bhutan is tightly regulated by the government; the only preparation I really need is arranging for a tour operator.

I'm looking forward to seeing temples, mountains, and other tranquil scenery. I also look forward to trying out Bhutanese cuisine.

South Korea: Because of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

Little preparation required here as well, as I have family there.

I look forward to seeing the Olympics, and eating/drinking on the cheap.
>>
I'm going to Japan if I get into the JET program, otherwise I'd like to visit Asturias or Milan
>>
>>1226998
>Michigan for a music festival in June
eux claires?
>>
Going downhill skiing in Sweden twice. Then to Manchester to watch a United game.
>>
File: vettisfossen.jpg (610KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
vettisfossen.jpg
610KB, 1600x1063px
>>1223859
Norway. Specifically Ovre Ardal, in Sogn og Fjordane.
Pretty much at random.
>How are you preparing?
Trying to learn as much of the language as I can. And I'm obsessively studying maps of the area. That's not really as much preparation as it is something I do everywhere I go for my own sick pleasure.
Going to go hike in Jotunheimen National Park. Really looking forward to seeing the Vettisfossen, the tallest free-falling waterfall in Europe. Pic related.
>>
>>1224447
I have not been to Terceira, but if it's anything like Sao Miguel, I'd check out any hot springs you can find, enjoy the beaches, and drink as much wine as you can and relax.
>>
>>1224578
The elephant mountain gives you a nice view of taipei, go check out juilfen and have some tea in a teahouse there, the east coast of the island is beautiful, try to hitchhike there and visit taroko national park, the west coast is industrial, but tainan city is nice.
>>
File: rio.jpg (96KB, 674x446px) Image search: [Google]
rio.jpg
96KB, 674x446px
>>1223859
Rio
family trip! kinda unexpected but great opportunity
>How are you preparing?
investigating, i'm kind of concerned about getting robbed so i'm not even sure about bringing my camera, which would kinda suck
landscape, and i'm hoping to hear nice music and shop for some cool records. also i want to practice my portuguese which is pretty rudimentary
>>
File: Skrunda-27.jpg (425KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Skrunda-27.jpg
425KB, 1200x800px
>>1223859
Skrunda-1, an abandoned Soviet military base and closed city in Latvia
Well I've always wanted to go to a place like Chernobyl, but Ukraine requires a lot of paperwork (I'm military and would need approval). I found this place on accident, browsing the Baltics on Atlas Obscura. It's due to be bulldozed sometime this summer so I figured I'd act on it as soon as possible.
>How are you preparing?
Bought tickets and contacted a tour company. The place is closed a lot because the Latvian military uses it to train in urban tacticool shit.
When the Soviets were there, it was illegal to talk about it and protest, but as things heated up and the Russians left, rumors came out about mutated trees and deformed babies in the surrounding villages. Would be cool to see something creepy like that, I've seen creepy mangled trees around an abandoned reactor in Georgia back in the states. That, and of course posing in front of Soviet posters.
>>
Just going back to England to visit my parents and friends for a week during Easter. Pretty depressing to be busy hanging around my hometown do I'm hoping to get a train somewhere and do some hiking. Anyone got a good idea of where i could go at this time of year?
>>
>>1224825
cambridgeshire is flat and boring
>>
File: 0_45_IMG_0637[1].jpg (362KB, 1024x525px) Image search: [Google]
0_45_IMG_0637[1].jpg
362KB, 1024x525px
>>1223859
Mangyshlak peninsula, west Kazakhstan.

It's awesome and not far away from me. Also, never have been anywhere in Middle Asia, so good place to start, especially since spring is the only season when it has comfortable weather.

>How are you preparing?
My TLC is under 1,5-month process of total maintenance, cheking and upgrade (particularly assembling autonomous hot shower system, it would be necessary in near desert), I'm collecting maps, POIs with coordinates, etc.

Huge desert spaces, rocks, cliffs, buttes, ancient cave mosques and tombs, seclusion and a sense of isolation from the world. No people, no infrastructure, no mobile network but hundred kilometers of rough roads across wilderness.
>>
>>1224762
lmao getting jobs in both countries is easy as fuck hahahaha
>>
>>1228543
Electric Forest.

Eaux Claires is in Wisconsin, silly.
>>
File: IMG_1855.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1855.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>Where are you going?
Japan this December with my brother.
I go on 4chan. But in all seriously it's a place I've always wanted to visit as I have always passed through on the way into Hong Kong, Thailand, and Singapore.
>How are you preparing?
I've accumulated a bunch of hotel points that will allow me to not worry for about a weeks worth of accommodations while I'm there. I plan to utilize hostels but divide my stays up with 5 star hotels in between because I like my privacy.
Going for a stroll in the middle of the night in a quiet part of Kyoto on New Years. Hoping there's snow. Something like pic related.
>>
Slovenia, staying in Ljubljana
- I wanted to do a 4 day trip to some European city that is not a total tourist trap
- I saw a travel programme that showed Ljubljana, Bled etc
>How are you preparing?
Lurking boards, googling restaurants, checking about car rental. Haven't done a lot yet, one month to go
Not much really, probably Bled, Bohinj
>>
Geneva, Switzerland in summer.

I'm a broke as fuck college student but I have a lot of language exchange partners due to my foreign language studies from exchange apps.
Sometimes I get invited to spend a week on a couch when I mention that I have already been hosted before/hosted people.

This way I can stay at a place for free and even have a vetted local show me around.

I'll pack some essentials in my back pack, bring a nice present that embodies my native culture for the host and then book the cheapest bus ticket and I'm ready to go.

I look forward to the city by the lake but I'm more keen on meeting native speakers and practicing my French. I just returned from a week-long stay in Bordeaux and I visited Paris and Strasbourg on the way.
>>
File: bisham (near Marlow).jpg (386KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
bisham (near Marlow).jpg
386KB, 2048x1152px
>>1223859
>>1223859
ENG ER LAND
I'm going back to visit my parents and some friends and family.
>How are you preparing?
Need to buy something for my Dad's birthday. Looking at shops I want to go buy some clothes from.
Pub lunches in and near my hometown (Marlow)

I'll be in the UK for a week, any advice on where I should go? I fancy getting a train and going somewhere in the countryside. Maybe I'll go hiking in the lake district. Anyone got any ideas? I like to paint so I'd like to get a tent and just sit somewhere for a few days.
>>
File: easter-island-statue-excavation.jpg (137KB, 540x677px) Image search: [Google]
easter-island-statue-excavation.jpg
137KB, 540x677px
Easter Island, and also spending 4 days each in Santiago and Buenos Aires
I have been fascinated by Easter Island since I was a child. I always thought it would be super expensive but when I actually researched it, it was well within my means. And I've never been to South America before.
>How are you preparing?
Reading half a dozen books on the history of Easter
Of course the Moai, the isolation, trekking alone on the island. Buenos Aires in general because I love big busy cities as well.
>>
>>1229273

Snowdonia perhaps?
>>
>Where am I going next?
Montenegro, Croatia and hopefully Bosnia too

>Why did i choose this region?
Originally just planned on Croatia and spending a few days in Zagreb, Split and Dubrovnik.. thought it might be more interesting to fly into Montenegro, travel to Croatia, go from Dubrovnik to Mostar, then fly out of Split. Different countries seemed more exciting than different town in the same country.

>How am i preparing? Girlfriend bought a few books. I spend a lot of time reading about it on the Internet.

>What am i most looking forward to seeing? Kotor Bay in Montenegro
>>
File: Tule River.jpg (1MB, 1300x731px) Image search: [Google]
Tule River.jpg
1MB, 1300x731px
Where are you going next?
Road trip down to central-east California. Tule River (pic related), Mono Lake, and Bodie, the famous ghost town.

Why did you choose that particular country/region?
I plan on going cliff diving surrounded by nature into nice clean water on a hot summer day. It will be my summer vacation trip, and I live around five hours away so it’s far but not too far.

How are you preparing?
Reading up on travel forums because it’s supposed to be somewhat of a secret spot.

My feet as they enter the water!
>>
Just booked a trip to Cuba from the 13-28 April.
It's always fun and got a a few free business class upgrade vouchers from One World to throw around.
>How are you preparing?
Not at all, I know the country and places where I will stay.
Smoking a box of Cohiba's while drinking a bottle of rum from a freshly opened coconut at the beach no fucks given.
>>
I live in Brazil and I am moving to NYC, in December. I don't feel very prepared for this. Actually I didn't choose NYC, my aunt lives in Manhattan, and she wants me to live there. I'm moving because Brazil is not a country of opportunity. You only get opportunity if you have money. I'm accepting tips!!!
>>
>>1229289
Looks good. I have a mate in Birmingham I might catch up with at the same time. Is Snowdon a good a idea this time of year?
>>
Going to Boston in a month, staying there for a week.
GF wanted to go there and its been a few months since we've traveled and I've never been there before
Not doing anything yet
Not sure

any tips?
>>
40 days through Italy, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia, Hungary. Maybe Vienna

I wanted a warm climate, to experience the balkans, and smack some good countries in because this may be my last chance to do a longer trip like this for a while. I've been infatuated with the balkans for couple years now too.

> How are you preparing?
Flights are super expensive right now currently, waiting for them to go down probably in the next week or two (planning to leave in mid May). I've had my route planned for several months. Already got a list of cool hostels to book as well. I'm going to book transit for my first two weeks and then book the rest while I'm there.

> What are you most looking forward to seeing?
Bosnia & Herzegovina. I haven't researched it much at all, will be in Mostar and maybe Sarajevo. No idea what to expect. Any thoughts? Should I include Sarajevo or drop?
>>
>>1229327

Someone I know did it 2 weeks ago, just an average joe
>>
>>1227138
are you looking for the bustling city aesthetics or chill nature/history/country?
>>
I've 16 days in Japan with two friends. We bought the tickets cause they were dirt cheap ($400AUD return) and we're all a bunch of filthy weebs so we wanted to go for ages.

I'm preparing very poorly, I don't think we'll have much money for it, but we'll have to make do. I've picked up some basic Japanese phrases.

I'm keen to see the various temples, onsen, and the Seto Inland Sea. Plus, the general atmosphere of inner-city Japan.
>>
>Portugal at the end of May.
>Family is from there
>Help from parents who visited there last year, getting an idea of where to go and what to see, trying to work as much as I can to get more $$
>Any of it really, never been to Europe before
>>
>>1229337
what is your job
>>
>>1230275
I'm in college. My summer after this upcoming one will be booked up with career related stuff so I won't be able to travel at all except on breaks. Although, I've thought of doing the Torres Del Paine circuit this Winter break
>>
>>1223875
You must go to Prague, it's an amazing place. Just get lost in the city, ecery corner is so special.
>>
I'm thinking about going to Malta for about a week. Any tips and recommendations about places to visit that are a must?
>>
>>1230305
the Azure Window on Gozo is a must see
>>
>>1229328
Depends on how the weather is. If the weather keeps trending the way it now, it will be beautiful. But last time I went up to Boston in early April, it snowed the day I drove in. If the weather is nice, Boston is a beautiful city to just get out and explore. Tons of great bars and eats to be discovered. I wish I could give you specific touristy things to do, but honestly I try to avoid them like the plague.
>>
Gdansk, Poland for 5 days

It was the cheapest flight I could find from my airport (£25 (including allocated seat)). Also, I don't have much money atm and I've never been to Poland before so why not. Plus my friend loves Poland so I told him about the cheap ticket and he's coming with.

Not really preparing

I'd like to see Malbork Castle
>>
File: 1489798800697.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489798800697.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>1230314
>>
I'm going back to Toronto, Canada to visit my parents after moving to Antwerp, Belgium 6 months ago. I've been so homesick and sad living in Belgium and I dont want to leave Toronto.
>tfw miss canada and dont want to go back to europe to finish school
>>
>>1230327
Doesn't have to be touristy. I'm sure at some point we're going to end up at some museum and some tourist trap, I'm more concerned as to which areas have what crowds, where all the good bars are and if there's any things that you simply have to do when over there

Here in Phoenix, you go to Oldtown to for good service and to hang out with the older money crowd. Mill is full of bros and downtown is full of hipsters. Something like that
>>
>>1227082
Yes, because he's going to Iran you fucking idiot. Now fuck off
>>
>>1230473
Malbork Castle is pretty whatever, the entire city of Malbork is generally shit to be fair. Explore Gdańsk/Sopot/Gdynia instead, save your time.
>>
>>1229116

hmm i'll be spending about 17 days in the uk. My home base is going to be at a relatives place at gatwick. Any suggestions of where to go/what to do that isn't flat and boring? I wouldn't mind traveling further out, if I'm able to find couchsurfing options
>>
>>1224361
I'm an Aussie and if you you plan on coming here don't we are a pack of entitled cunts. The farmers will fuck you over if you try to work in order to stay here because you have no other way of doing so, its expensive as fuck if you are paying for accommodation and AU's is full of spoiled close minded fuck you would rather eat their TV dinners than do anything to better the country let alone the world they live in. If you do decide to come wwoof for your working visa because it is a better use of your time. P.S sorry my country is fucked in the head.
>>
>>1231229
Hop on a train and see bath it's lovely. Take swim shorts and go in the spa too. and salisbury for the cathedral and stonehenge.
Hop on a train the other way for lonon

There's loads of nice towns in Kent too.
>>
England four times in the next four months. Fucking friends keep getting married. Shit.
>>
>>1231229
York. I lived there for three years. Only city in England I would seriously consider moving to.
>>
>>1223859
Ukraine. Right now I'm in Belarus - very comfy cities, better than I was expected, but unfortunately nothing much to do
I've been in most of Eastern Europe, and not knowing Ukraine always bothered me. Plus, the usual: history, parties, women, etc.
How are you preparing?
Saved money, learnt some instrumental Russian, asked several times at /trv/ for suggestions.
If I wasn't scammed, I'm going to Chernobyl at Friday.
>>
going to Bari, Italy in June with my friends (although my gf forbid me to go, on the pretense that in contrast to me, all three of my friends are single, and this makes her uncomfortable and sick, because if my friends will try to hook up with some local girls then of course I will follow suite as well, even though I did nothing of this sort in the two years that we've been together and really don't see myself wanting to do...)

it seemed like a nice compromise between chilling on the beach all day long (what my friends want) and sightseeing (what I want)

we're going for five nights but I'm only going to bring a backpack

there's not much to see or do in Bari, but there are loads of nice Medieval towns in the surrounding area, Polignano a Mare, Monopolí, Trani and Ostuni each seem worthy of a day trip
>>

Switzerland + Italy

I found a cheap flight

>How are you preparing?

By wishing to kill myself when seeing prices in Switzerland, that's why I decided to take a detour to Italy.

I haven't even booked the hostel/hotels for the trip.

Jungfrau, Verzasca Dam, and Rome in general.
>>
>>1223859

Pretty vanilla, but it will be fun:

>Where
Bangkok, Kanchanaburi & Koh Samet in Thailand, in 3 weeks

>Why
My city's football (soccer) team is playing a Bangkok team as part of the Asian Champions League. Also, we will commemorate ANZAC Day at a historically significant location (Thai-Butma Death Railway), 2 members of our party are veterans which makes this more important.

>Preparations
I bought a large 2x1m banner of The Simpsons version of the Aussie flag (same except it has a boot kicking a butt on it) for use at the match, almost guaranteeing tv / media coverage back home. Also, buying probiotic tablets, to avoid getting sick.

>most looking forward to
Besides the other 7 nights of debauchery with my travelling companions, it will be the 4 nights at a nice beachfront resort on Koh Samet I will relish.
>>
>>1223875
Everything is expensive.
>>
Jamaica probably (On my own)
My parents might go somewhere else and I'll come along.
The mountains are beautiful, and the Rasta people seem very chill. I would love to explore the forests/mountains and smoke a blunt or joint, and jump into a cold river.
>How are you preparing?
Just saving money at the moment.
Nature pretty much.
>>
File: 泰山_南天门.jpg (784KB, 763x1018px) Image search: [Google]
泰山_南天门.jpg
784KB, 763x1018px
>>1223859
Going to China, Beijing, for about 10 days.
I have been most of the other major Asian countries, and also to Western China, but not Eastern China.
I am generally trying to get up to HSK 1 level using phone learning apps, and self study.
I am planning to walk up Mount Tai.
>>
>>1229231
In Ljubljana definitely eat at Špajza
>>

to a month long trip over china-tibet-nepal-india in july with a group.

I am a 28 year old couch potato working, going home playing video games. I realized that my life is dull and I need adventure in my life. I am not rich, so I looked for an unique experience with a travel company specializing in expeditions like this. This was the only one which I was able to afford but I can't wait for it.

>How are you preparing?

Saving money, reading stuff about those countries, and trying not to freak out. (it is just april but I am having butterflies in my stomach)

Everything. The great wall, pandas, terracotta army, shanghai, beijing, taj mahal...
>>
>>1223859
I'm not sure, to be completely honest. Probably going visit Paris again.
I studied abroad there last summer and had a fucking blast.
>How are you preparing?
Just saving money atm
My friends, celebrating Bastille day like last summer.
>>
>>1232457
Will check that out
>>
Hong Kong for a week then to Vietnam for 2 weeks. Be there early May!
>>
>>1223875
Prague is honestly the place you should prioritize out of the three. Barcelona is mainly filled with obnoxious Italian tourists and Berlin is expensive as fuck.
>>
>>1223888
I have a friend who lived there for 16 years. If you honestly have any questions let me know I will pass them onto him.
>>
>>1223859
Travelling from Venice to Bratislava on a rough loop through all of the Balkan countries.
Cheap, interesting history, not overloaded with tourists yet (excluding venice of course), and somewhere I haven't been yet.
Booked flights and rail pass, not really much left to do, gonna wing it more than anything
Lake Bled, Plitvice lakes, Split, Mostar, Nis, Budapest
>>
Up
>>
>>1224578
>>1228702
Don't go to Jiufen, it's a tourist trap. Additonally, prepare for the heat and humidity.
>>
Barcelona.

Going in a month or so. Going to stay with a friend and just chill and relax, maybe go party a little.

I've had super stressful 2 months and really need some time away in the sun.
>>
>>1236685
I felt bad for not being able to squeeze Jiufen in, now I feel a bit better.

Bagua tea plant had such an awesome view and smell, if someone hasn't been to tea fields yet.....it's great.
>>
>>1223859
Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Shenzhen

I went to HK once for a few days on a trip back from Shanghai and liked it a lot so I decided to check out a couple of other cities in Southern China while i'm there.

>How are you preparing?
I am not very prepared, I booked my flights when i saw a sale with my preferred airline and have done some rough estimates on costs of hotels I like.. I'll get my hotels booked then sort out my visa soon.

I travel for food and wandering around in cities I have never seen, I'm not sure what to expect in Guangzhou and Shenzhen compared to HK and Shanghai but exploring should be fun.
>>
>>1223888
I've been to Shanghai a few times, happy to answer questions
>>
>>1224170
I have avoided Beijing because of pollution but there is quite a lot of museums and historical sights in both cities. I spent a fair bit of time going to the communist party historical sights in Shanghai, it was pretty interesting.
I'm fairly anti-social myself and travel alone mostly, travelling in china is pretty comfy because no one expects you to know the language so you only really get people trying to sell you things in the tourist areas.
Both cities are really safe for foreigners all times night and day, biggest risk is pickpockets or scammers (fake tea ceremony people) but there is virtually no violent crime there.
Check out some of the markets, like south bund fabric market for clothes and fake watches etc.
The food is great, just eat everywhere you smell or see something you like.

Get a VPN on your phone/laptop before you go.
Use the app smartshanghai and the shanghai metro trains apps to get around.

if you want to know more drop your kik or something and i'll try and answer
>>
File: cacho_icka_pacarati.jpg (90KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
cacho_icka_pacarati.jpg
90KB, 594x396px
>>1229288
When you go to the island visit the Anakena beach, there it's a bar owned by this guy, he's called Cacho Icka, tell him you got the tip from Joaquin a friend of Tate from the continent.

Write it down if you have to, tell him to show you the good stuff.
>>
Studying in Morocco for 4 weeks, then traveling around it for another 2 weeks. Afterwards I have 6 weeks to travel Europe and two potential plans which I will decide between during my studies. My trip lasts from May until August.

My first plan is to fly into Prague to stay for a week. I would then travel through Vienna and Budapest into Zagbreb and down to the coast. After, I would either continue down the coast into Greece, or fly/ferry into Italy.

My other plan is to go to Portugal and travel there for at least 2 weeks. Afterwards I would go north to Paris, Amsterdam and potentially Germany. Then, depending on time, I would work my way to Prague or go back towards Spain.

I depart from Madrid at the end of 6 weeks, if time permits I will travel throughout Spain. However, I am fine to spend just a few nights in Madrid.

What do you think anons? The morocco portion of my trip is fully planned out and I will be with company. Afterwards I will be alone and staying in hostels but have not planned more than a travel route.
>>
Going to Vladivostok May 3-7. I'm living in S. korea as an American. It's close and i always wanted to visit. I can read russian and I know a few phrases but basically an extreme beginner. I'm planning very little. I have one lady friend i met when she visited Korean. Just gonna use tinder to match with qts and see a few historical sites.
>>
>>1223888
>go to china
>see only major citties
God i hate it when people do this, China is the size of the entire of Europe
There are so many things to see, so many.
>>
>>1239075
Not everyone is thrilled about seeing a girl abortion clinic or a Nike factory.

Sometimes the Great Wall and a few temples is more than enough.
>>
File: asia_beaches-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg (803KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asia_beaches-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg
803KB, 1920x1080px
I have yet to pull the trigger on going to Lyon, France for 6 weeks during the summer and study abroad (american from California here)

Thing is, I'm absolutely shitty my pants at the thought of the long plane ride, and that I'll be so far away from home. I'm 22 but im a big fucking baby with anxiety and shit. I'll regret it forever if I dont go, but I feel like im going to have a panic attack that will be the death of me
>>
>where are you going next
I will be backpacking around 13 European countries in 10 weeks starting in London.
>how did you chose that region?
No reason
>how are you preparing?
I bought a pacsafe backpack, also looking for scenic destinations in Switzerland and Italy!
>Whay are you most looking forward to seeing?
Architecture and every beach possible desu (too bad Liverpool isn't playing in june...)
>>
>>1239390
>I bought a pacsafe backpack
leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

I'm getting sick of seeing any mention of overpriced backpacks in travel discussion threads, but I gotta be honest, if I had to spend exorbitant amounts of money on a backpack, it would probably be a Pacsafe.

But yeah, I still don't understand how people pay any amount of money greater than $30 for
>a fucking backpack
>>
>>1239392
Running on the assumption that you are, in fact, serious with this bullshit disguised as an opinion: depends on the purpose of the backpack. But if it's remotely serious (other than a water bottle, camera and a snack) then you've clearly never used a quality backpack and I'd love to see you panting about with your back drenched in sweat, smelling like ass and getting shoulder pain.

I, on the other hand, will gladly wear my Lowe Alpine backpack which, indeed, costs more than $30 of cheap Chinese shit, but then I can pack 3 ~ 4 days of clothes, 3 liters of water, food and still have room to stow small souvenirs with a dry back without any pain.

But hey, you look really cool, with you degrading opinion and all!
>>
>>1231767
They let unwashed tourists in the spa in Bath? Not when I was there.
>>
>>1239519
>When you sperg out on a korean porn sharing website because someone made fun of your backpack

Any chance you're a regular on the Japan general ?
>>
The amount of miles I've travelled and hiked with a £7 MiniAlice pack is absolutely absurd.

I essentially agree with you but the fact of the matter is most travellers do look ridiculous with their huge top of the line backpacks when they're essentially just travelling hotel to hotel or hostel to hostel. Especially gapyears girls with bags the size of themselves who never leave their London hostel.

I'll probably invest in a good bag soon because this current piece of shit as much as I love it is really annihilating my shoulders as i get older but i tend to just travel with a towel, toiletries and change of clothes anyway.
>>
>>1239523
>You sperg out when someone buys a backpack that isn't to your choosing
>Then reply with the same type of sperg that you accuse the person of who replies to your original sperg
You ain't the brightest crayon in the box, now are you?

So what does this Real Traveller with backpack aversion use on this Real Travels to pack his shit? Can't be anything trolley related, that's too mainstream. Or do you simply pack nothing and live off the land that you go to, you adventerous free spirit you?

Feel free to use any proper arguments in responding to
>>1239519
because, you know, proper argumentation might actually reveal some sort of logic to your supposed nonsense.
>>
>>1239526
Well sure, cheap packs can be good. Sometimes you get lucky with the quality or awesome discount or you simply travel light. But a good quality pack (whichever the brand) is a huge difference. Hence why I brought up the backpain and sweating, which is what tends to happen with cheaper packs. (Because those things simply cost a bit more due to the materials used.)

Also don't think I meant those huge trekking backpacks when I replied to the $30 nonsense from anon; as I said it depends on the purpose. I only tend to go on relatively short trips so my backpack is 25 liters. But I do get to back it to the max, nice and heavy with minimal sweat* and no backpain.

Teens with trekking backpacks going on city trips are idiots anyway. No backpack is going to cure that. On the bright side, they'll probably end up cheap on ebay once they meet the 'love of their live' in Ecuador and start a long distance thing so you know, affordable packs for the rest of us.

*) Minimal as in: you won't sweat, unless it's 30 C outside, then you're sweating if you walk for half an hour with or without pack. There's no quality backpack that can undo that. ;)
>>

Germany / Switzerland / Italy for two weeks

My friends and I went to Japan last year and wanted to switch it up.

>How are you preparing?

Weve already got all of our lodging and travel taken care of. Once we get there we will wing it.

Hiking in switzerland. Cant wait to take part in a refugee riot in cologne.
>>

Raqqa, Syria

To join the Caliphate

>How are you preparing?

Reading Quran passages and growing my beard .

Dead infidels
>>
>>1223859
Around Kyushu ending with Oita
Been stuck in Miyazaki for two months
>How are you preparing?
Repairing broken clothes and gear
Anything not Miyazaki
>>
>>1223859
Zurich > Stuttgart > Ghent (day trips to Bruges, Antwerp, Brussels, and trying to get to Vleteren
Never been to any of those places, have wanted to go to Belgium and Germany for a long time. Porsche museum and Belgian ales
>How are you preparing?
Bought ticket, getting new passport, googling each location to see what to do in different places. Going to get a rail pass so I'm not locked into dates and times, rather be able to go as I please. If I decide I don't need an extra night in a city, I can just take off, or if I really like an area, I can stay longer. Then just buy some point to point tickets the day of for short trips if necessary. Still need to buy a nice backpack, and a small carry on sized roller suitcase.
Porsche museum, Belgian ale, seeing mountains in Switzerland. Food.
>>
File: DSC00652.jpg (495KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00652.jpg
495KB, 1000x750px
>>1239074
Stop by the fish zoo.
>>
>>1223859
I'm planning a solo trip to Wuhan in Chyna in October. I've looked up flights, hotels and such, now I need to find myself a job and earn the money for it.
Never really planned any journey of this scale before and I'm really excited but also anxious.
I'm going there to watch some esports live and maybe meet some people.
If I'll pull this off that'd be amazing, but the viza requirement worries me.
Do I need a passport that's been valid for at least 6 months prior to applying, or does it need to be valid for the next 6 months AFTER i depart from China?
On the official website of Chinese embassy in UK It says the latter, but different sources (unclearly) state otherwise and it worries me a bit. Still, I guess the official site is right.
I'm going to be there for almost a week, is there anything interesting to see besides the zoo in Wuhan? Any food I should try?
>>
>>1241559
Ideally, you would want 6+ month validity on your passport, starting from the last day of your travel.

This is standard procedure. It's not exclusively a China-UK thing. The exact same scenario applies to the vast majority of countries.

The reason for this rule is because it's a major pain in the ass if your passport expires while abroad. It's a huge bureaucratic mess for both your home country and your destination country.
>>
>>1241832
Alright, thanks for reassurance anon. It would be awful to plan all of this and be stopped at Chinese airport because of paperwork and missreading from my part.
>>
My next trip is going to be a coke binge but I don't want to go to South America or Europe. Best US city for this? I'm from Melbourne
>>
File: F38Z1IAIPZMH0NI.MEDIUM.jpg (119KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
F38Z1IAIPZMH0NI.MEDIUM.jpg
119KB, 620x465px
Step 1: Save up money to buy sprinter van and extra cost
Step 2: Sell everything I can't fit in a van then travel North America
>>
Galapagos Islands. Any recommendations on what to take with me? I'll be there for 4 weeks.
>>
>>1223859
Costa Rica. A week's use of a house there was in a local charity auction and nobody else seemed interested for some reason so I got a deal. Never been, so am looking forward to it. Not prepping much yet, it is not until July. Looking forward to wildlife, hopefully -- would love to see a sloth, slothing it up.
>>
>>1243278
Miami obviously
>>
>>1223859
Me and my man are going on a 3 month adventure through india, Sri lanka and Nepal. We choose India because of the vast diversoty. We will be backpacking through rainforests, deserts, beaches and snowy mountain peaks. Oh yea and for the food
>>
>>1241419
If you're into car museums you should check out the Mercedes-Benz museum as well. It's really nice made
>>
>>1244423
Dramamine or equivalent, if you are doing the boat-around-the-islands thing. The transits between islands can be very rough.

Most amazing place I've ever been enjoy it.

Dive/snorkel through the cut in Kicker's Rock to see sharks -- there are often a number of them in there.
>>
>>1224792

Banana pancake trail with some detours

Thailand, Hong Kong, Myanmar, Laos, Malaysia, Vietnam
>>
>>1224349
Borobudur was sick, highly rec. Bromo is cool too but it's pretty far from Yogya.
>>
>>1245086
I'm thinking about it, I read that it's a lot better than the Porsche museum. Only thing is I have a Porsche and never owned (not even much of a fan) a Mercedes. Still there is a lot of history behind the company so it would be cool either way.
>>
>>1223859
going on following itinerary

hong kong, week
taiwan, week
shanghai, beijing, week
mongolia, 6 weeks

friend suggested the itinerary, always wanted to go

been doing the logistics of the plane tickets and the hostels, but everything else we will figure out once we get there, don't have time to research too much, plus generally prefer to avoid tourist traps, more there for chilling and absorbing culture

food in hk, taiwan, and china
vast emptiness and nomad culture in mongolia
>>
>>1245513
>mongolia, 6 weeks
I wish you the best of luck.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.