[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

I'm in greece, fags! What should my black ass do?
>>
>>1223552
leave
>>
>>1223552
get out
>>
eat some o'that souvlaki and...fuck a refugee, i guess
>>
go home
>>
>>1223564
>>1223572
>>1223576
kek.
include me in the screencrap
>>
>>1223564
>>1223572
>>1223576
>/trv/ autistic real travellers™
>>
where in greece?
>>
I am interested in advice for Greece as well.
>>
>>1223651
Whatcha wanna know?

>>1223588
We dont need any more black people here. We dont have many and it would be better with even less
>>
>>1223974
I'd like to go in June. I'm into history and Athens has been on my list for a while, but will it be a crowded nightmare come June? Is it underwhelming?

Also, recommendations for a good, secluded island town would be cool.

Also anything else a first timer to Greece should do/see/know
>>
Is Crete worth going for a week? Anybody done some diving there?
>>
>>1223980
May/June is the best time since its not the most crowded and its not the hottest it will be.

In athena you have many museums to visit you you will get your fill of history. Plus walking around is a tour on itself. The best museums are the benaki war museum, acropolis museum, and the main archaeological one. There are other ones but those are the main ones you need to see.

Well what do you want to do on the island? That really depends. You might get bored on a small secluded one.

>>1223980
I think someone for the first time can definitely spend a week on crete. Do you like history or not? cause thats a main selling point. Never done any diving though.
>>
>>1223552
Interested in Mykonos for a week.
>>
>>1224158
Well I'd like a place with lovely views, access to other islands. This may show my ignorance about practical travel in greece but I picture myself taking a boat between islands for two or three days, hiking around some nature, walking around towns, enjoying the views, stopping for a drink and a meal here and there.
>>
>>1223552
Depends on what kind of tourism you want to do. Athens has an abundance of places to visit with the must go being the Acropolis/ancient agora/Acropolis museum, the Greek archeological museum and the Benaki museum. Also worthy of a visit are the Byzantine museum, the laographical museum, war museum and the museum of the city of athens. As for food and nightlife the city center has an abundance of places to both taste the staple cuisine (soulaki gyro, mousaka, pastitsio, Greek salad, the various cheeses etc) but avoid the tourist traps of monastiraki fleemarket and of places when it comes to eating (though do have a coffee there as it is a beautiful place and coffee drinking is our national pastime). As for nightlife check the miriad of small bars and traditional music meze places in the Gazi area (keramikos metro station), Psiri, Plaka,around syntagma sq and kolonaki sq. If you are feeling a little more adventurous check out the bars and caffes in the area of exarchia (near the archeological museum).
>>1223977
There are no real secluded islands per se especially during the summertime but you should ask yourself what you want;
If you want cosmopolitan faggotry, drugs famous ppl and superfamous DJ sets try Mykonos, note that it can be quite expensive cont
>>
>>1224753
I´m the guy asking about the islands (>>1223977)

Is it possible to tak a boat around islands as I described here? >>1224435
>>
>>1224753
Paros is also very cosmopolitan with a lot of partying and beaches where you can do kite/wind surfing etc.
Santorini is an awesome island due to the volcano but during the summer time it is insufferable in both the millions of Chinese tourists and the prices for staying in a traditional iposkafto (half the house is inside the volcanic rock) are exuberant.
Smaller cycladic islands like sifnos, kithnos, andros, folegandros, serifos offer a more balanced vacation of chilling out on a beach and partying at night. This also applies for the other big aegian islands like lesvos, chios, Rodes (medieval tourist trap). The saronic islands (spetses, hydra, poros and egina) are nice for chilling and you could go on a day cruise from pireas harbour in Athens.
The Ionian islands are also diverse from Zakinthos (literally British party island) to paxoi where while super expensive has some of the most beautiful beaches.
Crete is a different monster that combines everything; drunk city central in malia and hersonisos to secluded beaches in chania and lasithi. Finally if you want the hippie vacations samothraki is your island literally a mountain surrounded by sea with a gazillion small lakes and waterfalls to skinnydip.
tl:dr there are a gazillion islands each with a diverse character and aimed at different budgets do a thorough research before choosing cause you can't visit all of them....
Pic related samothraki
>>
>>1224755
If your party is more than 4 ppl you can hire a yahct or a sailing boat to do a tour but it can be cost ineffective. Traveling between islands in the aegian is done by ferry boats or flying dolphins usually starting from Attica and stoping to most big islands. Most islands have bus services to move around them but for the bigger ones renting a car or a motorcycle is advisable. I also forgot the sporades islands (skiathos) that have the beauty of the cycladic islands but are greener.
Pic related skiathos
>>
>>1223552
Disguise yourself to a refugee and get into hilarious situations and misunderstandings and have wacky adventures on the edge
>>
>>1224765
>>1224758
Thanks for the info mate. I think I'm gonna ferry between islands at my leisure. Seems easy and cheap enough. Are these ferries likely to fill up in advance or can I do it spur of the moment?

Also, my main interests are these:
>exploring some nature (casually, not backpacking or really serious hiking)
>taking in some nice views
>walking around old-ass, history-filled towns
>more reserved but still active nightlife (that is, not quite mykonos dance clubbing but some nice bars for drinks and conversing)
>relaxing ferry rides to and fro

How would you spend three or four days around the islands if you were me? Are any of these islands worth staying a full day and night?
>>
File: paxoi-paralia-1.jpg (111KB, 810x565px) Image search: [Google]
paxoi-paralia-1.jpg
111KB, 810x565px
>>1224877
You can always get a deck ticket almost on the spot (apart maybe at August). As for the nature...Cycladic islands don't really have "nature" per se as most of them are arid rocks where trees only usually grow near the sea, so don't expect forests or greenery as everything becomes golden brown by the begining of summer. What is worth doing this is the views, the small villages that usually for the terrain and looking for that secluded beach that you had to walk a steep trail for 10 mins to get to and ofc the food that sometimes is drastically different even if the islands are next to each other . Eptanisa and the Dodecanese are more suitable for what you are looking for as they boast both big islands and small ones all doted with forests and beautiful waters. My suggestion would be the eptanese (Ionian islands); they have a great history with both ancient ruins and venisian architecture beautiful blue green waters and stunning views. Must go is Corfu the biggest one, paxi 2 small islands dotted with small beaches inside forested areas with a lot of caves etc, Ithaca and lefkada. Pic related paxoi
>>
Blend in
>>
>>1224767
I did this last summer boy did it get wacky!
I got deported to Syria.
>>
>>1225099
2 trips in one nice :D
>>
>>1223974
PAY DENBTS
A
Y

D
E
N
B
T
S
>>
Get some greek pussy brotha
>>
>>1224164
Bring money and lots of it
>>
>>1224758
Which Greek islands gets the least amount of Brits and Aussies? The 2 I spent the most time in last year Ios and crete were literally just Brits and Aussies. And desu they're the worst drunks. And just ruin the experience in general for me.

I'm thinking mykonos. I plan on doing another euro trip this year and plan to spend a good 2 weeks in Greece. Any recommendations?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.