[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>popular tourist places you have 0% interest in ever visiting,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

File: favela.png (313KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
favela.png
313KB, 600x543px
>popular tourist places you have 0% interest in ever visiting, even for free.

Pic related.
>>
Brazil is fucking amazing if you aren't too much of a pussy about the safety issues. And the women there are on a whole other level.

For me it's most of the cities in the U.S. - they're just mind-numbingly boring from a tourist perspective, the nightlife sucks compared to most other countries, the women are fat and entitled, the people are friendly but reserved.
>>
>>1223299
>thailand
>nashville
>>
>>1223299
Any third world country basically.
>>
>>1223299
>0% interest in ever experiencing other cultures based on prejudices

You don't belong here, /pol/ is over there.
>>
>>1223328
Theres lots of brazilians on /pol/. Lmao
>>
>>1223299
Branson MO
Las Vegas
Buckingham Palace
Eiffel Tower

Pretty much any "popular tourist destination" is fucking insufferable, except for nature spots but even those need to be seen on weekdays to avoid rubberneckers and loud kids
>>
>thailand
>france, especially paris
>the UK
>iceland
>>
anywhere outside of central asia, the middle east and africa.
>>
>>1223360
What's wrong with UK or Iceland?
>>
>>1223299
+1

also
>spain
>portugal
>india
>>
Pretty much all of Europe.
I do not go to countries where the beaches are shit/non-existent
>>
> ever
Eastern/Southern Russia
Appalachia
The American Deep South

> with my own money
Central America
Most Caribbean islands
>>
London, because I already live in a country that's already cucked to hell.
>>
>>1223299
>brazil
>popular
not too much desu
and now its worse
>>
>>1223328
>everyone I don't like/disagree with belongs on /pol/
Shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>1223332
I disagree, shit like Angkor Wat, St. Peters Basilica, the grand Canyon are amazing in their own right.
>>
>>1223379
Beaches are the same in basically every country

>sand
>Salt water

Do you really go to the beach only that much?
>>
>>1223381
>Eastern/Southern Russia
>Appalachia
>The American Deep South

>popular tourist destinations
>>
>>1223302
I agree with this whole post
>>1223299
honestly probably just Canada like why would i bother
>>
>>1223299
Angel Falls in Venezuela.
Even if I won a trip it would probably cost me my life or a kidney.
>>
Don't feel any urge to go anywhere in Germany, Holland or anything east of those 2.

I live in UK and it just feels like going to another city for me. I visited for work a few times but would never go on my money.
>>
>>1223470
>I live in UK and it just feels like going to another city for me.
Living in North America myself, it's interesting to see that a European would have a similar opinion.

The general attitude in North America is that most of Europe is the same. That's why when many people go on trips, they don't usually name specific countries, they just refer to it as "Europe." Many of them believe that a lot of it really is the same. I don't think that's completely true, but I don't discount the possibility that it's not completely wrong, either.

But it's interesting to see some semblance of confirmation from someone who actually lives in Europe.
>>
>>1223400
New Orleans?
>>
>>1223299
The USA, been twice with parents and have 0 interest in ever returning
>>
>>1223302
At least people are friendly in your place.
I live in fucking France man, people look like they are genuinely vicious here, always discontented, always criticizing.
Except the little exception me and a couple of friends ofcourse.

I would say France is nice to visit but hard to live in.

I'd say AMSTERDAM is the WORST, It's just a bait city made out of marijuana and hookers.
>>
>>1223299

Carribean,

China, Singapore, Tokio
Pretty much every east asian megacity
>>
File: shutterstock_124512115.jpg (62KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_124512115.jpg
62KB, 640x360px
>>1223397
I'm a diver/swimmer/surfer, my love for the sea is legit
>>
>>1223484
If you only go to European capitals, it a lot of them might have a similar vibe, but from my experience you'll still feel a clear difference. Besides, there's the obvious change in architecture between the cities.

When you go outside the capitals, I'd say the differences can feel even more pronounced. Sure, if you do a long trip, you might have seen a lot of churches and castles, but I don't think it's any different to how you might get tired of looking at temples in Asia.

There's definitely lots of different places in Europe - if you go to Scandinavia, then visit parts of Central and Eastern Europe and then go Southwestern Europe afterwards, you can't help but feel a huge difference - especially as an American. However, due to the price levels being quite high in big parts of Europe and a similar Western cultural background, I'd probably - if I were American - go for more adventurous destinations before road tripping Europe
>>
>>1223694
That makes it more understandable, I thought you just went to those places to lay on the beach and get drunk.
>>
>>1223679
America is a third world shithole. Boomers ass raped the fuck out of this place
>>
>>1223299
Pretty much everywhere on the continent of Africa, and while I'm sure there's something worth seeing in Australia, I can't think of a single thing.
>>
>>1223741
Second for Australia, as an american it just seems like a farther away,hotter version of Canada, which I also have no interest in seeing.
>>
Pretty much the entire USA, with the exception of the grand canyon and maaaybe Alaska.
>>
File: aus.jpg (70KB, 677x960px)
aus.jpg
70KB, 677x960px
Australia
Some countries, such as Finland or Moldova, have nothing interesting. Australia seems full of negatives. Expensive misery.
Also, India, Papua New Guinea, United Kingdom, East Timor
>>
>>1223683
Kek, just go out of the tourist zone in Amsterdam. Its like saying Paris is only expensive shopping streets.
>>
The United States of America. The only exceptions being for New York and New Orleans
>>
>>1223299
Brazil is popular? Are you Argentine?
Brazil has like 6,5 million tourists a year. One third is from south of the border.
>>
File: PpnYBSx.png (176KB, 1402x1167px) Image search: [Google]
PpnYBSx.png
176KB, 1402x1167px
I have a weird one here.

Singapore. I actually WANT to visit it, with my own money, even. Even though I dislike the country on principle, I want to visit it just to see for myself how awful it really is.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong. Maybe it'll reinforce my beliefs. Either way, it's a country that I hate, but want to visit anyway.
>>
>>1223834
Everyone I've met who has lived in Singapore loved it. Their authoritarian regime has banned everything that makes other cities horrible.
>>
>>1223854
Maybe I'll change my mind once I actually go there.

But Singapore to me has a really weird charm that makes me want to visit it even though I apparently dislike it.
>>
File: niagara-falls.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
niagara-falls.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>1223858
The falls suck but there's a god tier steakhouse near by
>>
>>1223762
>>1223762

Moldova seems interesting for being stuck in Soviet times, plus getting your passport stamped for Transnistria would be sweet.
>>
I'm an American and I wouldn't want to visit any of the fly over states. They all seem absolutely boring with nothing to do. If it isn't on the coast I have the preconceived notion that it's most likely cancerous.
>>
>>1223867
Been there. Transnistria just gives you a paper slip, no stamp. If you want to go see well preserved soviet architecture, Belarus is your best bet. Moldova is pretty miserable desu, although the wine tunnels are dope
>>
>>1223378
Cringe photo.
>>
File: HAVEN'T BEEN EVERYWHERE.jpg (150KB, 590x769px) Image search: [Google]
HAVEN'T BEEN EVERYWHERE.jpg
150KB, 590x769px
>>1223299
Can't really think of any places I'd turn down a free trip to see, other than war zones.
>>
Bali

India

Thailand Islands

Dubai

Johannesburg

Brazil
>>
France. Yes, all of it.

Some parts of the country has nice sights and history I guess, but it's just the people making it insufferable. I've met a fair amount of French people, and so far literally NONE has proven the "rude and arrogant self entitled fuck" stereotype wrong. I can't imagine going there and being chased out of the village with pitchforks for using the wrong greeting or, god forbid, talking English.
>>
File: IMG_0602.jpg (52KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0602.jpg
52KB, 466x350px
>>1223736
Dude you've clearly never been to a third world shithole, pic related
>>
>>1223679
Which parts of the USA? The Rockies are a whole other world than the North East. Our country is bigger and more environmentally diverse than the entire continent of Europe
>>
>>1223299
bolivia
northeastern brazil
france
belgium
finland
turkey
most arab countries
SOUTH AFRICA WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE GO THERE
india muh enlightenment
>>
USA
Philipines
Australia
south korea
emirates
qatar
saudi arabia (last 2 not touristic but still)
>>
>>1223320
This, from experience rather than ignorance.

>>1223299
>Belgium because it's both boring and dangerous
>China or returning to any other country in SEA, I have a sensory processing disorder that makes me hypersensitive to loud noises. also tonal languages trigger me

>>1223328
/pol/ is a multicultural and antiracist board of peace, as their designated representative to this board I demand comfort women for all /pol/acks to appease this grave insult
>>
>>1223736

>Boomers ass raped the fuck out of this place

...what garbage-ass place do you live in? Most of the sites worth seeing the US aren't shitholes.

Quit trying to bring your reddit-ass attitude over here.
>>
>>1223299
pilgrimmage to Santiago the Compostella
trans-Siberian railway
I always hear people claiming they want to do them. I can never grasp why
>>
>>1223484
I think people just say "Europe" because people who travel in Europe tend to visit multiple countries in their trip so "Europe" is the umbrella term for their trip. It's probably not because they think everything is the same there
>>
Pic related. It's always the same picture and from what I understand, the government is making it harder and harder to access as the years have progressed.
>>
USA
I'm already oversaturated with this place courtesy of all the media they export.
Also I'm holding a grudge over all the "we'll include you in the visa waiver this time, honest", promised by every presidential candidate since the fall of communism.

I'm never turning down a free trip though, that's just retarded.
>>
File: top-destinations-machu-picchu-1.jpg (99KB, 1000x646px) Image search: [Google]
top-destinations-machu-picchu-1.jpg
99KB, 1000x646px
>>1225504

This is the pic that I meant to relate
>>
>>1223858
all of the hotels and kitchy crap surrounding it has taken away from the actually beauty of the falls
>>
>>1223378
You're missing out on the way of St. James my fellow /trv/ler
>>
>>1225481
>/pol/ here,
He's actually right and it isn't a reddit-tier belief.

>Marxist infiltration of the public school system, academia, government and media
>overpopulation caused by foreign aid to Africa and other third world shitholes
>all the wars after 1945
>corporate welfare
>the modern welfare state
>the "we need more people even though automation will make most positions redundant WITHOUT replacing them with an equivalent number of new ones" meme
>allowing outdoor farming to continue even though hydroponics has existed for over 60 years
>wasting money on climate research instead of nuclear physics research
>destabilizing Middle-Eastern dictators, causing the power vacuum that has allowed Islamism to rise
>all the archaeological losses directly related to the above point
>selling us out to China
>union-busting to drive down wages and get rid of benefits
>HR cunts
>feminism
>massive government debt

I could go on for a long time
>>
I want to see everything a live a thousands lifes everywhere
>>
File: IMG_0412.png (445KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0412.png
445KB, 1334x750px
>>1225530
Good lord...
>>
>>1223736
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/third-world.asp
>>
>>1223302
>Brazil is fucking amazing if you aren't too much of a pussy about the safety issues
Yhea I prefer to stay alive and healthy, thanks
>>
>>1225530
Jesus christ you are deluded. These contradictions:

>overpopulation caused by foreign aid to Africa and other third world shitholes
>the "we need more people even though automation will make most positions redundant WITHOUT replacing them with an equivalent number of new ones" meme
Look up the demographic transition of Bangladesh. Increasing the wealth of a society reduces population growth. It's in our best interest to not have super poor countries around.

>the modern welfare state
>union-busting to drive down wages and get rid of benefits
So are you in favor of a free market or nah
>>
>>1225374
> belgium
> popular tourist destination
>>
>>1223299
Pussy
>>
>>1223299
>everything south of Mexico
>China
>Florida
>>
>>1225834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0ZUm6Ldlk&index=233&list=PLKURpFvJAszTncGUZpgbPCWHeACNDuDK4
>>
>>1225812
Why do idiots think that your personal safety is actually ever in danger in these areas?

Unless you travel somewhere where there's political violence, like ISIS terrority or somewhere that true kidnapping for ransom is a problem, your personal safety is never in jeopardy.

Bad guys around the world just want your shit. They take your shit, they let you go unharmed, everything is fine. The only people that get physically hurt are the stupid westerners that think it's a good idea to resist armed muggings.
>>
>>1223858
It was okay, but I hate that you can really only see them with manmade structures intruding on your vision. Really kills the atmosphere. Plus there was a shitload of kids running around and yelling like a bunch of cunts when I went. If you want beautiful scenery in Western New York hit up Letchworth State Park. Beautiful place, and far fewer people. Went early in the morning for a few hours at the start of the summer and it was empty.
>>
>>1223883
Oklahoma City and Tulsa are fantastic cities. Never been to Kansas City or Ohama, so I can't speak for them. There's not much for tourists, but they all seem like great places to live.
>>
Germany
Switzerland
Nordic Countries
England
US
Buenos Aires (recently saw some Vlogs of it, looked bland as fuck, maybe it's the same with other cities in South America)
>>
>>1225856
>lol just don't resist when somebody shoves a gun in your face and takes all your stuff and you'll be fine

No thanks, Paco
>>
Anything is better then where I am at now. so no
>>
>>1225856
t. triggered brazilian
>>
>>1225856
That's the most bullshit post I've ever read on 4chan and I've been here for 10 years.
>>
File: 1484181671256.jpg (73KB, 750x743px)
1484181671256.jpg
73KB, 750x743px
>>1225883
Nah, that was totally legit advice. Protip: Just slap a Canadian flag on your backpack and not only will you not get robbed but many third-world criminal types will come up to you and shake your hand for being the 'sane' country in North America that respects women's reproductive rights.
>>
>>1223299
India
Sri lanka
Bangladesh
Any muslim country
>>
>>1225897
Yeah, I'm sure the dude willing to mug me in broad daylight is really interested on my stance on abortion.
>>
>>1225899
> muslim countries
> popular with tourists
yeah naw m8
>>
I have no interest in Europe. Most of it is way too expensive for what it is. Also, no interest in much of the Caribbean or Central America. If I went, it'd be because somebody else paid for everything.
>>
>>1225883
Where exactly do you think that's not the case? In all of my time traveling around the world I have never heard of travelers getting seriously hurt except for idiots that resist muggings.

>>1225865
Pretty much, yep. They take your phone, your wallet, and then run away.

>>1225879
American. Been in Brazil, the same applies there.
>>
>>1226199
Morocco?
>>
paris
>>
>>1226199
On the contrary, Canada, England, France, Germany, and Sweden are very popular tourist destinations.
>>
>>1226301
Yhea who the fuck cares if they steal all my stuff? Thats not important to me, right?
No ty, Pablo.
>>
>>1226301
Lots and lots of instances of people beating up others for no good reason, especially these days.
Look it up.
>>
>>1224161
>Going to a country and expecting people to speak English.

I've lived in France and i mostly agree with you. Every expat i meet here agrees.
>>
Don't care for Africans, don't care for African culture and wish all of them would piss back off and leave us Europeans alone. Especially the Islamic ones.

I will certainly visit one time to do a Safari, climb Kilimanjaro and see the mountain gorillas and I think Namibia is quite interesting.

Even if I believe Africa could be a nice continent to explore I feel like with the time I have it is impossible to see everything and Africa will make that cut.
>>
>>1227209
To add to that, I don't even know what should be so interesting in Africa?

>cannot sleep with the women in fear of contracting HIV
>has no interesting cities at all and you cannot even explore them on your own in fear of getting murdered
>high cost of traveling with not much comfort in return
>no amazing cultural events apart from South Africa, no museums of great international quality

If we break it down the only interesting thing about Africa is the nature. Sure it has some interesting countries with nice history, like South Africa, Namibia, Ethiopia but by large it is a completely forgettable continent that the absolute vast majority of travelers will never see in detail
>>
>>1223694
That could easily be somewhere on the med m8
>>
Cuba,
North Korea
>giving your money directly to a dictatorship
>shit food
>no internet
yeah nah fuck that
>>
>>1227212
Not even a "we wuz kangz", but it has a lot of history. It just isn't taught. I saw this documentary on PBS recently and learned a lot of stuff I never knew.

http://www.pbs.org/show/africas-great-civilizations/

Even the HIV thing varies by country. Your reasons are your reasons, but they are primarily based misconceptions/mistruths.
>>
>>1227212
>>1227209
What's funny is many of the classic, most rich, /trv/ threads, have been based in Africa, as far anons relating interesting stories of their travels
>>
>>1227560

I went to South Africa with my school when I was eighteen and it was the most beautiful and exciting trip ever

>Staying on a nature reserve
>Lions fighting a zebra next a restaurant
>Van breaking down in the worst part of Soweto
>Staying with a range of families, some got put with poor some with rich. I got put in a weird Christian household/security complex with dobermans and promise rings
>Visiting classrooms in Jo'burg and meeting and chilling with some kids actually excited about learning

Was so cool. I've visited Egypt and Morocco as well and both trips were cool as well

Most people on /trv/ who trash Africa have never been. It's the only continent bar Antarctica that hasn't been played out/ruined by tourists

My pick in respect to the thread theme though is New York. I'm from London and it just looks like I'd be doing very similar stuff there to what I do back home and I hear the US backpacker scene is poor. I want to check out New Orleans though at some point
>>
>>1227209
I want to see Morocco at some point, and probably Namibia as well. Besides that I think seeing the Serengeti would be nice.
>>
>>1227212
Interesting cities in Africa:Mombasa,Malindi,Zanzabar,St. Louis,Kano.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.