[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEVADA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

Real estate prices in Nevada are insanely low -- $10k for 40 acres -- but I've never been out there... what's it like? What should I know about in order to have a good trip out there so I can reconnoiter the area? I am looking in northern Nevada.

>elko not vegas

How does Elko compare to, say, the area around Unionville?

A bartender at one of my usual watering holes is from Nevada, but he just says it's flat, full of scrub, and there's very little water or much to do at all.

I want to build my own little microcommunity or hermitage out there.
>>
>>1222849
Desert, Desert, Desert.
>>
>>1222849
Your bartender is right. Land there is cheap for a reason.
>>
>>1222849
AZ/ American south west fag here

>Real estate prices in Nevada are insanely low -- $10k for 40 acres

because they are literally selling you 40 acres of infertel dirt since you probably don't have anywhere close enough to pay for irrigation or farming.

>but I've never been out there... what's it like?

Exactly what your bartender told you it is like, NV, New Mexico, and mid-south AZ are all the same flat, nothing and bullshit hot

>What should I know about in order to have a good trip out there so I can reconnoiter the area?

Rent a car and drive from Vegas to there, because that's about the same for AZ and NM. You'll have one mega city in the state and 2 smaller cities with JACK SHIT to do outside of it. There are really 2 things to do, drugs or drinking.

>but he just says it's flat, full of scrub, and there's very little water or much to do at all.

Outside of the major cities that foot the bill for proper water distribution to turn the land green then this is correct. Even then most cities just drop off with death in every direction. If you like small towns then move to Elko, water, electricity, internet, etc will cost you probably more and I hope you enjoy life time bars and same old same old stuff because.

>I want to build my own little microcommunity or hermitage out there.

Good fucking luck, I hope this was just some drunk rambling idea
>>
Buying cheap land in Nevada is like paying a nickel for a turd and thinking you got a good deal.
>>
>>1223025
>Buying cheap land in Nevada is like paying a nickel for a turd and thinking you got a good deal.

That sums it up well!
>>
Only a good idea if you want a home base for going out to legal brothels, and even then a stretch
>>
I've been on a train through, and knew a guy from there. Apparently it's brown, dry, barren desert full of fucking nothing. If you enjoy hiking in the desert then it's cool I guess? Good luck finding water. Or food. And it's hot as balls in summer and cold as balls in winter.

It's pretty much the empty quarter of saudi arabia.
>>
>>1222849

Nevadan here. Yeah, I'd never recommend that anyone try to settle out in those areas unless they REALLY hate people.

Unionville is a literal ghost town. Elko is barely anything - a pit stop along a boring as fuck area of land.

There's nothing to do at all, resources won't be easy to come by, and it's a really bad idea.
>>
File: 1475892250871.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1475892250871.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>1222849
>buy 40 acres in the dessert
>build world's largest snake farm
>rake in millions from all the tourists you'll get
>>
File: a4d222e033ba88dea49ac78c396ea283.jpg (169KB, 750x1064px) Image search: [Google]
a4d222e033ba88dea49ac78c396ea283.jpg
169KB, 750x1064px
>buy 100 acres of useless land in the desert
>draw up bullshit plans for a self-sustaining utopian community
>sell parcels to gullible twats
>fuck off with the money to a country with a favorable exchange rate and no extradition treaty
>live like a king for the rest of your life
>>
File: 600x600.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>>1223417
>Snake Farm

Sure sounds nasty...
>>
>>1222978
>current year
>implying infertile land matters when we have aeroponics and hydroponics
>>
>>1223425
Wanna start a cult with me?
>>
>>1223527
Cults are too much upkeep. I'm looking for a faster return on my investment.
>>
File: IMG_0018.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0018.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>
>>1223526
>Hydroponics
>No water

Nice plan, man
>>
>>1223566
>he doesn't know how to drill a 3000 ft well.
>>
File: Olive-Farm.2.jpg (133KB, 778x519px) Image search: [Google]
Olive-Farm.2.jpg
133KB, 778x519px
>>1223405
sounds like the perfect climate to start an olive farm.
>>
>>1223516

Pretty much is...
>>
>>1222849
It's shitty desert wasteland, that's why it's so cheap.

But you could probably do something with it, who knows.
>>
>>1224186
ride 2-smoke dirtbikes, quads, dune buggies, shoot guns. there's a lot to do in the desert man
>>
>>1224186

This. A lot of the southwest has "cheap land".. It's cheap for a reason.

Water is scarce, there are few usable minerals near surface, and it's often in the middle of fucking nowhere.

A friend tried frontiering it near Ash Fork Az, and after three years, his wife was bonkers, and he was pretty fucking kooky. it was a two hour drive to a paved road, and then another two to get water. Unless you managed to drill down 20K some feet.

Soil was rocky and the biggest plant were shoulder height cresote bushes.

Guy may as well had land on the moon.
>>
>>1223613
>Nevada
>3000 foot well
It would for one be expensive as shit and two would really fuck up the places around you would also need to work with local government to approve tapping into the water supply so much
>>
>>1222849
If you're into hunting skinwalkers you can potentially make a living out of that. Apparently they're abundant in the Nevada desert.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.