[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 weeks to burn in Eastern Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Dino.jpg (88KB, 347x347px) Image search: [Google]
Dino.jpg
88KB, 347x347px
As the title says, I have 2 weeks of vacation reserved in March and want to travel to Eastern Europe. American, male, 24, traveling solo. I'm not necessarily trying to squeeze in as many places as possible, aiming for like 2 or 3 cities. I have cash to spare, so finances are not an issue. Where do you guys recommend going for the optimal experience? I'm mulling over Budapest and Hungary at the moment.
>>
Nothing?
>>
File: murica.jpg (299KB, 730x705px) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
299KB, 730x705px
>>1222839
Budapest is the capital of Hungary
>>
If you're looking to do bigger cities Budapest is a good choice. I'd avoid Prague in summer because there's so many tourists. Bratislava is an interesting place as is Krakow in Poland. Definitely avoid Bucharest. It depends a lot on what you want to do.
>>
>>1222846
Lol, excuse me, I meant to say Budapest and Vienna.
>>
>>1222855
As we always say with these very vague advice threads, it depends what you are interested in, OP.

If you just want to party, then plan on spending a lot of time in Prague. It's not so bad in March. If you're interested in history and culture, then think about 3 days in Budapest and Prague and move on. Vienna is ideal for culture and history. Check out the discount cards you can buy that give you free entry into various museums, palaces, etc. They offer some great deals. Bratislava is just a short train ride from Vienna, and you can see it in a day, but /trv/ speaks well of the party scene. Krakow is the most historic city in Poland, with plenty of places to go in the vicinity.

Also, all these places (Austria, Hungary, Poland, Czech, Slovakia) are considered "Central Europe," not "Eastern Europe." Also, since you say finances aren't a problem, are ypu staying in hotels? If so, it makes sense to sign up to a loyalty program b4 you leave like Accor's "Le Club". If you spend a dozen nights in their hotels you'll clock up some extra stuff like free drinks, maybe upgrades.
>>
>>1222860
I realize I'm giving little to work with here, but this is sort of a last minute trip I'm going in blind on. Basically, I'm primarily interested in seeing some culture/history, with bonus points for a decent party scene and good cuisine. I don't care at all about scenery or natural wonders.
Prague sounds amazing, but I'm holding off on there for now as I plan on visiting later in the summer with friends. Krakow sounds interesting, and thanks for clarifying on Central vs Eastern Europe.
>>
>>1222866
In that case, Vienna would be ideal (the pass I was talking about is the "vienna pass" that encourages a cultural death march around the city to visit all the places). You can easily take day trips to Bratislava, or Salzburg, and it would be a dereliction of /trv/ duty not to tell a solo American traveler about the FKK clubs in Austria.
>>
>>1222868
Thanks man, this was the sort of info I was looking for. And can you give me a quick rundown on FKK clubs? I just did a cursory Google/Wiki search, I can't tell if they're a nudist colony thing or essentially brothels.
>>
>>1222875
The ones that /trv/ talk about a mix of spa, bar, and brothel. "Golden Time" is the main one in Austria, IIRC, and they've got a buffet, sauna, pool, bar lounge, tv sports, and about 50 naked hookers wandering around selling sex. The cover charge is between 50-80 euro but it covers food and drink and chilling out. Not trying to corrupt you, but it's there if you want it.
>>
>>1222875
>>1223018
Yes, GoldenTime in Vienna is one of the best brothels in the world. If you are a heterosexual guy who is single or not seriously concerned about his relationship status, it's a must. Comfy, relaxing, and full of naked hotties that you can take to a private room to have sex with.
>>
>>1222830
Go to Slovenia and have a bitching time them come home and don't tell anyone. Normies are catching on.
>>
>>1222830
A very common itinerary is a base of 3-3-3 nights each in Prague, Vienna, Budapest, and there are certainly a day or two outside of each that can be terrific excursions to fill out the 14 days with country and city balance, from danube cruise to melk out of vienna, to salzburg, dresden, karlovy vary, bratislava, to adding romania or croatia or poland.

I think Budapest is pretty spread out and a 4th or 5th day could be fun there.
>>
>>1223040
>or not seriously concerned about his relationship
LOL'd at this. Gotta love relationship advice from /trv/. Prague is good for that kind of stuff, too, although there aren't any German/Austrian-tier FKK clubs. Lots of choices with massage parlors though which seems to be a local specialty.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.