[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hostels vs hotels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: sr40.jpg (69KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
sr40.jpg
69KB, 720x479px
So I want to go on my first solo travelling experience in SE Asia this summer. I don't want to be isolated but I'm not naturally attracted to being outgoing and partying. I'd rather be with a small group I can make friends with. I'm like an elderly person, but I'm 18 years old.

I am informed that it is easy to be isolated when in a hotel rather than a hostel.

My perception of hostels:
>They attract outgoing people (such as pic-related)
>You lose luxury in sharing rooms and whatnot.

I'm more inclined to a nice hotel where I can have my alone time. That being said, I don't want to be too alone and would like to be somewhat social.

So my real question is whether hotels do naturally lead to you becoming isolated?
>>
You already know the answer. My first trip alone was to Istanbul at 19, stayed in a hotel. Didn't meet anyone, stayed in the hotel most of the time with an occasional walk along Istiklal St. Had a miserable time really. Felt like a loser with no friends the whole time.

Did a Europe trip for 2 months awhile later. Only stayed in hostels. Was an amazing time. You meet so many people to connect and adventure with.

It all depends who you are, try both and see which you like better. Personally, I'm an introvert who aspires to be extroverted - so I still need my alone time at an airbnb/hotel sometimes too.
>>
>>1222604
Personally, I always tend to set myself to meet up with people before I go (I am not talking just women), including people I have met through 4Chan, and other online forums and chat groups. If I don't stay in a hotel, I stay with them. I never ask to stay, they often offer. I have asked for hotel and apartmental suggestions, so I get places at local or hook up prices. Another added advantage is a local guide/translator so you end up in places or doing things you otherwise wouldn't have known about.

I don't do hostels because I dislike the lack of intimacy, even with the lack of privacy, and the crowd is pretty much the same and memey. Especially in SEA.
>>
>>1222604
AirBnB or couchsurfing with a good host may work for show you.
>>
>>1222607
Interesting. Which websites/forums?
>>
>>1222604
My perception of hostels:
>They attract outgoing people (such as pic-related)
>You lose luxury in sharing rooms and whatnot.

LOL just LOL

Hostels are
>little to no security for you shit
>places to crash at
>can meet people who are friendly but is literally just a shot in the dark you never really know what you are getting
>almost always cheaper
>can meet people, generally as I am traveling I meet people so this isn't a bonus for me

I use them but I really look them up prior to for anything sketchy.
Hotels are
>secure for the most part
>have fancier accomidations
>more expensive
>limited in where they are

Generally now of days I do airbnb like >>1222609 most hosts are pretty friendly and can give advice/tips on meeting people.

Just don't think hostels are like the typical WILD AND CRRAAZY parties everyone talks them to be or you will probably be disappointed at a lot of them. Most are just places where drunks go to crash or keep drinking once the bar closed.
>>
>>1222604
Just get a private room at a hostel, best of both worlds.
>>
Hostels aren't usually like that at all in SE Asia. They're usually pretty low-key and full of people that just want to hang out, and most are actually social introverts in my experience. Just avoid the "party hostels" and anything that has a bar inside it.

Hotels will give you an awfully lonely time. If you were older, maybe 22, I'd say you could try to go and meet girls through Tinder to hang out with. But at 18 that will be really difficult in SE Asia, they all want somewhat older guys.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 443x332px
I love SEA and have been many times... Tbh just stay in hotels. You can get great hotels over there for very cheap! Just do your research!
It's the kind of place that is ridiculously easy to meet people! Just go to bars or join tour groups for day trips..
If you get lonely in SEA you're doing something very wrong!
Pic related
>>
>>1222604
I prefer hotels, but is there anything like a combination hostel-hotel.
>>
>>1222726
>Hostels with private rooms but shared bathrooms and common areas. The rooms are like hotel rooms with no bathroom. Bathrooms are like your high school or gym. Multiple toilets and showers.

>the aforementioned airbnb with good hosts

>tour groups (as much as this board shits on them most tour groups include a day in each area you can fuck off on your own. And even taking one off tours in country, you meet people on the tour)
>>
>>1222726
Like private rooms but good common areas? They exist everywhere but I've never seen one with a decent social atmosphere. Usually people just avoid the common areas and hang out in their private rooms. Full of couples.

Good social atmospheres happen when people are forced to interact - even if there are lots of little seperated tables in the common area, rather than one big thing, people will end up not talking.
>>
Not all hostels are raging party flop houses. There are lots of smaller hostels that cater to people that don't want to party all night. They're smaller, cleaner and have nicer amenities. Some of them even offer meals.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.