[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bay Area

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3170.jpg (2MB, 3266x2450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3170.jpg
2MB, 3266x2450px
I'm in the Bay Area. My girlfriend is visiting me for like 10 days in a few weeks, and I need to find shit to do. I've lived here for 3 years and have been doing nothing but going to the same bar.

Does anybody have any brilliant suggestions that aren't like >1.5 hours driving? I do have a car. I have no real budget restriction, but would prefer not to spend thousands and thousands.
>>
Dude there's like a shit load of things to do in SF like the tourist trap of pier 39, golden gate bridge, and Alcatraz.

Either that or do some hikes in the area
>>
>>1222387
Twin Peaks, Hot Cookie, Marin Headlands, Haight St, Presidio, Baker Beach, Golden Gate Bridge, SF Zoo, countless stores based on her interests, SF MOMA, AT&T Park...
>>
>>1222387
Walk through China Town. The real part not just the touristy part. There's also golden gate park, Cal Academy of Sciences, Union Square, Mission District for Mexican food (I assume, haven't been there in a few years). And is the Lusty Lady still around? It's pretty gross but not bad for a laugh.
>>
>>1222387
Bay Area fag here. The Bay Area is large. Can you please be more specific in what you're looking for? And on what date is your GF visiting?
>>
>>1222498
>Twin Peaks
Kek nice
>>
Walt Disney Family Museum in the Presidio (northwest corner of the city). It has tons of stuff related to the man and is run by his family, not the Disney company. One of the main exhibits is his miniature steam engine, the Lilly Belle, that he used to run on the half-mile train layout in his backyard.

Speaking of miniature trains, the San Fran Bay area is like an unofficial capital for those, as there are several notable ones in the area. One of them, located in the SF Zoo, has the only working steam locomotive in the city pooper.
>>
Go to San Francisco, get shot.
>>
>>1222471
Do you have any hikes to suggest?

>>1222700
She's visiting like March 21 - April 2. I'm in Palo Alto. I'm just looking for interesting things to do. I'd like some outdoor activities, but hopefully nothing that involves multiple days. Otherwise, if there's anything cool to do outside of SF, that'd be nice.
>>
Unfortunately, the Peninsula of the Bay Area where Palo Alto is located is mostly suburbs and tech companies. There isn’t shit to do there aside from a few small local parks or nice restaurants.

If you want to go hiking near Palo Alto, check out Crystal Springs Park in Hillsborough or Stanford’s Dish Loop Trail near the university. Coyote Point isn’t hiking, but it’s a nice marina area.

If you’re looking for a place to hike within the actual city of San Francisco, go to Land’s End. It is the North-East corner of the city. It has lots of cool trails, and great views of the ocean and the Golden Gate Bridge. Mount Davidson is another hiking place within the city of SF, but it’s easy and small. There’s a huge cross at the top and also has nice views and it’s never crowded. Fort Funston is a nice hike along a SF beach, if the weather permits.

If you want to kick back and relax outside of SF, check out Montara State Beach, less than an hour from Palo Alto. I prefer it over Half Moon Bay because it’s less crowded, less foggy, and always a few degrees warmer. Moss Beach has cool tide pools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPS9bEEEEs0

Hope this info helped.
>>
This is a question you answer on Google.

To new posters reading this and contemplating starting a thread -- read the sticky, use Google for basic stuff, come here for ideas, critiques at. once you have an idea what you are asking.

Have a good visit with yer girl, OP.
>>
>>1223935
>Do you have any hikes to suggest?
Where are you in the Bay Area exactly? I'm from the north bay and know a ton of good hiking places up here
>>
>>1224122
I'm in Palo Alto.

>>1224115
Thanks senpai, and everyone else.

>>1224117
Come on. It makes the board more lively, and I wanted to find some stuff that isn't easily googleable.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.