[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this country safe to visit as an African-American?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Is this country safe to visit as an African-American?
>>
Serbia? Hell no
>>
>>1222313
What's the worst scenario that could happen?
Is Croatia or Bosnia any safer?
I'm a female btw.
>>
>>1222315
>>1222275
I think you would be totally fine. Perhaps you would be treated as an oddity and lusted after by some people.

I had a black friend from Ukraine who said she was treated like a rock star when she was in Ukraine.
>>
>>1222315
>I'm a female btw.
*this* changes everything, you know. Don't you worry anything beside rape (which shouldn't be too much of a problem as well. It's a threat for everybody everywhere after all)
>>
>>1222275
You'll be alright. Western Europe is used to blacks by now and you'll be treated as a peculiarity in the Eastern Europe or the Balkans. I'd argue they're both safer than WE, I'd just avoid going out at night in the city if I wouldn't want neonazis collecting my scalp. Other than that they know you're a tourist and you won't be regarded any different as any other white tourist.
>>
no country is safe outside of canada and some parts of the US and western europe if your an african american

eastern europe or the west or asia: because you're african
south america: because you're african and american
africa: because you're american
>>
>>1222275

How about Africa? Travel there, then stay forever.
>>
>>1222275
>Europe = one country
You're not a Chinese girl, there's no excuse for this ignorance.
>>
>>1222669
She's American
>>
>>1222669
Not OP, but the country is Serbia, dick.
>>
>>1222390
>asia: because you're african
I felt perfectly say in Asia. China can be annoying.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/destinations/asia/china/black-tourist-china/

These people are actually African:

f a c e b () () k {dot} c () m /yesiamafrican/videos/1402707303137247/?hc_ref=SEARCH
>>
>>1222390
>no country is safe outside of canada and some parts of the US and western europe if your an african american

Speaking for Slovenia, no black people have ever been attacked here. In fact, most Slovenes will point out that we had a black mayor in of our towns recently.

I'd say Belgrade can be dangerous in general, and that black people are at an equal risk as anybody else. It should be remembered that Yugoslavia had exchange programs in place with certain African countries from the 1970s onwards, and that a few interracial marriages did take place in the larger cities. There were two black girls at my high school ten years ago. I also watched a documentary about a black man who fought as a sniper in the Croatian independence war. So we're not as historically closed off as it might seem.
>>
Yeah Serbia is an incredibly racist country I heard. They will probably look down on you

>>1222390
Nah I have African friends who have been to China (one of them studied there for 6 months), and he said he was fine. People treated him like an oddity, but it was more out of curiosity and wonder, rather than them looking down on him.

He got a lot of photos taken of him, and a lot of people who wanted a photo with him. Some people would randomly starting chatting to him about Obama or basketball, and tell him about all the NBA players in Chinese basketball
>>
>>1222669
You do not have a lot of intuition
>>
not a current map of serbia
>>
>>1222315
Croatian here. You will be fine as long as you don't roam the city streets alone at night.

You especially wouldn't have problems during summer, as the place is packed full of travelers anyways.
>>
>>1222315
You are exotic meat there, never forget this.
>>
>>1222275
In the US your skin colour matters. In Europe nobody cares. You will be seen as American tourist. There is nothing to worry about. You will be safer then at home.
>>
>>1222275
avoid countries, or at least cities, where are high russian speaking contingent. those fuckers dislike anyone who isn't russian, even while not living in russia themselves.
>>
OP, are you planning on going to Serbia because of a rumor that Tupac is still alive and making music in Serbia?
>>
>>1223383
No him but yes.
>>
>>1223336
this.
Unless you go to a soccer game, most people don't give a fuck. You already live in America, there's a very good chance you'll be treated better anywhere else you go.
>>
>>1223531
>>1222275

>You already live in America, there's good chance you'll ever treated better anywhere else you go.

This is the truth OP. I've been to Japan and Germany so far. Both clearly beat out the utter horseshit I deal back in the USA.
>>
Tupac lives in Serbia
>>
>>1223374
That's a lot of bullshit.
>>
File: Shart.jpg (116KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
Shart.jpg
116KB, 600x530px
>>1222390
>>1223374
>amerisharts
>>
>>1222275
Come to Czechia instead.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.