[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Londontown or Aussietown?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Australian-Stereotypes-3.jpg (70KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
Australian-Stereotypes-3.jpg
70KB, 600x516px
So I've been presented with a couple of opportunities to go away from the US and do some volunteer work overseas (doing it mostly for the experience).

I've gone on workaway and made contact with a couple in London, and a family in Southern Australia, both of which seem to want me to go stay with them for a month or two to do some work around their places.

Which one should I do? London seems cool but Australia looks like an adventure with all the wildlife and shit, but then again it's full of spiders. Any insights on the cultures and lifestyle would be appreciated.
>>
>>1222098
Australia all the way.
>>
Fuck off we are full OP

Go to great britistan
>>
I came to Australia a month ago. There's no goddamn spiders or scary animals, definitely not in the city anyway. It's just expensive and the people aren't as nice as they make themselves out to be.

That being said I wouldn't touch London with a 10 meter pole.
>>
>>1222120
Fuck off cunt there are spiders and snakes everywhere. Sharks in the salt water, crocs in the fresh water. Absolute hell hole here, better off going to London OP
>>
>>1222122
Don't listen to this guy, OP. Make sure you bring your vintage acoustic guitar, less than clean campervan and oversized backpack, people will love you here.
>>
>>1222098
South Australia honestly sucks dick, unless your a wine snob or something.
>>1222120
This, except I don't know about London

Honestly, unless you're in the middle of a city Australia can feel pretty boring and disconnected. Then again, I have no idea what its like for a tourist.

t. Australian
>>
>>1222098
What volunteer work would you be doing and what to you enjoy? It entirely depends.
>>
>>1222127
In London I'd be doing some house chores, plus helping the hosts with graphic design, photography and other art stuff like that. In Australia I'd be helping around a farm, helping out animals, sheering sheep, shit like that.

Photography and all that seems like a good fit but working with animals in the outback would be cool as hell too, though it'd be hard work.
>>
>>1222098
Australia is a million times better than New Pakistan
Australia has cool wildlife like Kangaroos and Koalas, Australia has great beaches across new south Wales and southern Queensland
Pommieland is a dreary shithole that its upperclass inhabitants escape to New Zealand to work as cleaners despite having phds
t. kiwi
>>
>>1222098
Australia is good as long as you stick to the coast. Inland is just deathly boring. I'd rather go Tasmania, NSW coast, Queensland or NT rather than SA- only place worse is WA but even that is nice on the coast.
>>
>>1222120
>It's just expensive and the people aren't as nice as they make themselves out to be
It;s definitely expensive but where the fuck did you get the idea that aussies are nice?

Have years of shitposters on 4chan not adequately expressed the hatred toward foreigners, each other and life in general that consumes all Australians?
>>
>>1222098
UKfag here.

Go to Aussieland. London has some cool architecture and history, but it's just a city like any other and it probably won't feel too different to any big city in the USA(I'm assuming you're American).
I'd imagine Australia will provide a much more interesting, varied and fulfilling experience.
>>
>>1222253
>house chores
>volunteering

Australian cities are largely suburban, although that's changing a bit. If your "volunteering" will allow you time to get out into nature, and that's your thing, then go to Australia.
Fucking hell...
>>
Australia, but what city in there?

Regardless, I couldn't think of a place in Southern Australia that would be worse than London to go hang out for a while, especially on workaway-level money.
>>
go for Oz op. I live in London and it's fucking expensive and the weather will get you down.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.