[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rio de Janeiro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: C-102846.jpg (739KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
C-102846.jpg
739KB, 1000x713px
Planning to travel to Rio for 4 days on the last week of June. Anyone that's been there could please tell me if I'm missing something important? So far I have the following:
-Corcovado and Christ Redeemer
-Santa Teresa
-Sugar Loaf mountain and cable car
-Tijuca forest
-Pedra do Telegrafo (for the cheeky picture)
-Beaches (Ipanema, Copacabana, Prainha, Leblon)

Currently have this itinerary I want to book with an online tour company:
Day 1: Sugar loaf + corcovado + tijuca
Day 2: Pedra Telegrafo + beaches

Need to fill 1 or 2 more days. Ideas I have are: Botanic Garden, Sailing route through the bay, and either or Hang Gliding / Paragliding / Parasailing.
I'm not really into futbol and beer, and the favelas don't seem like an attraction to me.
>>
>>1221377
Jardim Botanico is good
honestly i spend 5 weeks in Rio and mostly i just hung out with people and tried to improve my Portuguese wasn't really trying to be touristy
>>
>>1221377
Pedra da Gávea if u're into long trails

Copacabana = plebs
Ipanema = hot rich sexy actresses

Also, go party in Lapa if you are a degenerate young person. It's pretty cool, seriously
>>
>>1221684
sorry bro
Rio is THE place to be touristy
>>
>>1221377
The jeweler H. Stern has a great tour that is one of the best in the world for seeing some mining and setting info and some unique geodetic specimens. Set aside some money to shop at the end too of course. Another shopping suggestion are the handmade leather goods from sandals with triple thick full grain soles to gorgeous boots. Do some research and buy some decades lasting shoes.
>>
>>1221684
Have you been at Madureira Market or Saara?
>>
>>1221715
Saara is a SHITHOLE

I'm a 23 y.o. BRAZILIAN, went there wearing a poor person's clothes and everyone was trying to scam me

If you do, don't take much money etc
At least you're not going to get kidnapped etc, cause there is police around
>>
>>1221717
We should recommend also Vila Mimosa for gringos
>>
>>1221704
yeah i know that just wasn't my intention it was the cheapest flight to brazil despite being farther than 75% of the country (i'm in the us) didn't want to got to a northern city anyhow those are pretty bad
>>1221715
>>1221717
I did got o Saara actually
it's got an interesting layout and i like all the markets and shit around town but Saara was sort of underwhelming
I went with a transsexual local who wanted someone to come with her shopping everyone thought i was her boyfriend but no one tried to scam me nor did anyone bother me they were pretty nice actually idk why
>>
>>1221684
Yeah the garden was one of my possible picks, gotta see those giant palm trees

>>1221701
How true is that tourist get mugged on ipanema and copacabana?

>>1221705
don't have a lot of cash to spend on souvenirs but definitely will consider the tour

I also saw a couple museums (Museum of Tomorrow, Belas Artes, Modern Art Museum, National History Museum), as well as some parks. Guess that would make for a relaxing day
>>
>>1221377
I stayed for a month. My highlights

- Pedra Bonita
- Morro Dois Irmaos (best views of Rio, plus you get to ride a motorbike through the favela)
- Museo da Manha (Museum of Tomorrow, pretty interesting stuff)
>>
>>1221377
Yeah I can tell you what you are missing. Fucking a hot Carioca girl and getting the best orgasm of your life. Install Tinder back home before you leave and set up a meeting
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.