[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Passport application

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: fdb.gif (358KB, 210x131px) Image search: [Google]
fdb.gif
358KB, 210x131px
How should I spell my middle name on my passport application?
I went to get my birth certificate and they misspelled my middle name as micahel instead of Michael. When I went to get my license the misspelled version carried on to my license. Only my social security card has the correct spelling. Which version should I use on passport application and can my application get rejected for this error?
>>
>>1221229
Unless you want to get your birth certificate and license fixed first; I would suggest just going with the misspelled name for your passport.
>>
>>1221229
Sorry, but if your birth certificate says Micahel, then that's your middle name.
>>
>>1221229
If it's a one time occurrence, why don't you ask for a new birth certificate with the correct spelling?

If they made the mistake when you were born, depending on your country, you can make them fix it.

For example, if you're in the US, go to the Social Security Administration. show them your birth certificate and any state or federal ID. Then go to the health department for a new birth certificate, or join a copy of the document correcting your current certificate with your passport application.

If you're in UK, make a deed poll.

If you're in, let's say, France or Germany, you're fucked. It'll take months or years, will have to be approved by the relevant ministry, and will only be approved if the misspelling is humiliating or stunting for your current life.
>>
>>1221229
Use the correct name!!!!!
Give both phone numbers on your application form so they can contact you for a question.
Worst case is they decide to go with misspelling because they are rigid. But I would not do the intentional misspelling on the form. It is simply false and that is your reason if asked that it is not your name nor does any living Michael spell it so wrong. Point out the common sense of it.

Next time you get your drivers license renewed show them the passport and act irate at their typo.
>>1221242
No no no.

Get this one document right and fix the others later. You do have a social security correct.
>>
How come the misspelling is an issue right now, rather than, oh I dunno, years ago?

You say you have a driver's license. I assume you currently are an adult, or are very close to becoming one. You should've questioned it as soon as you were legally able to, or had your parents question it much sooner than that.
>>
I don't know how it works for OP's country, or for any country other than mine, but here in my country, when applying for a passport, you generally have to provide two pieces of existing ID.

If I were OP, I would ideally provide two pieces of ID that are both consistent with each other. Realistically, I would get my name changed before even considering applying for a passport.

If I were a parent, I just wouldn't give my children middle names at all. That would be so much simpler, and not just because of passport applications.
>>
>>1221936
>If I were a parent, I just wouldn't give my children middle names at all. That would be so much simpler, and not just because of passport applications.
Of course it is far better to be so common that identity fraud, theft and confusion is more likely. Yea, two names is more secure.
>>
>>1221229
http://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/can-i-get-a-passport-if-the-name-on-my-birth-certificate-does-not-match-the-name-on-my-drivers-license-and-social-secrity-card.html

About a quarter of the way down,

" first and middle name different than birth certificate
by: Anonymous

Question: First and middle names are different on my ss# and driver's license. They are one way but my birth certificate is another. Can I still get a passport With my ss# and driver's license?

Answer: The name on your SS card does not matter. You only need to provide the number. As long as the name you put on your passport application matches either your the name on your birth certificate or driver's license, there should be no problem."

and

My husbands last name on his birth certificate is off by one letter, it has a and it should be i
by: Anonymous

"Question: My husband is applying for a passport. His birth certificate has his last name ending in an a, when it should be i. His driver's license, social security, our marriage license all have the i. Will he be able to get a passport?

Answer: He should be able to get a passport. We recommend he include a brief letter with his passport application that explains the error on his birth certificate. You will find a complete list of requirements here."

and

My Middle Name Is Misspelled On My Birth Certificate
by: Renie

"Question: My middle name is misspelled by one letter on my birth certificate. It says Chira when it should say CHIARA. Will this be a problem when I apply for a passport? I will be able to provide other documents with my full name correctly spelled out, such as my high school diploma and my certificate of confirmation if necessary.

Answer: The difference of one letter is usually not a problem."
>>
>>1221229
It's not misspelled, that's your name. I know someone who is the only one in his family with the last name "Flloyd" vice "Floyd" because it was misspelled by the hospital at birth. He had to use it because that what was on the BC. That name is now carried on to his own son.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.