[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone a /trv/ ever used SkipLagged?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: logo-xlarge.png (49KB, 1487x297px) Image search: [Google]
logo-xlarge.png
49KB, 1487x297px
I was thinking about booking my flights to DEL from LAX using Skiplagged cause they are SUPER cheap, but there are a lot of users saying that airlines ban you if they think that you might jump flights...

Has anyone ever succesfully used Skiplagged? How did you manage your luggage? Also how is ANA compared to emirates?
>>
>>1220970
You manage your luggage by only bringing carry-on. If you check a bag it's going to the final destination with or without you. Also you might cause a delay for other travelers because if there's a bag in the cargo hold but no butt in the seat they'll try to find you in the airport.

I've done hidden city trips before, and it's something you have to infrequently and with multiple carriers because they will flag you and ban you from their service.

IMO the boom in budget airlines and booking websites and increasing security have made hidden city trips a bit unnecessary and inconvenient most of the time. Plan ahead, shop around, look for less common airports to fly into.
>>
>>1220970
I've used skiplagged 3 times, no problems and always super cheap. The actual prices match up pretty well with the advertised prices, from my experience.

I actually just booked a flight from boston to iceland round trip for $300 using skip lagged
>>
I did it once when I was booking a last-minute US domestic flight. It's a little nerve wracking because you have to be absolutely sure that your carry on will get on, and not be gate-checked. So it's best to be one of those assholes waiting up in line to be one of the first to get on.

Other than that, wasn't a big deal.
>>
I never used Skiplagged because I have yet to save money with it.

For my last flight, Skiplagged was showing me prices that were $100-300 higher than regular cheap flight sites. I don't blame the website for this, I think the destination & the departure/arrival dates had a bigger influence on the prices.
>>
How does SkippedLag work?
>>
>>1222925
basically a flight from A to B will sometimes cost more than a flight from A to C through B, so skippedlag lets you purchase one of those tickets, then you get off at B
>>
>>1222925
Say you want to go from New York to Paris, but that's an expensive flight.

Skiplag shows you a flight from New York to St. Petersburg that's much cheaper, and you switch planes in Paris.

So you book that flight and just skip your connection and stay in Paris.
>>
>>1220970
>there are a lot of users saying that airlines ban you if they think that you might jump flights
I assume Skiplagged has a disclaimer of some sort declining any responsibility if a passenger does indeed get banned?
>>
>>1223099
Yeah, they do.

A few airlines took the kid that made it to court a few years back. The Court ruled that it's not illegal to do, or to help people book flights to do it, but the airlines have the right to refuse future service to anyone who does it.

But really, you have to do it a lot to get flagged. Like multiple times a year.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.