[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any questions about New Zealand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (12KB, 554x266px)
image.jpg
12KB, 554x266px
I've lived in New Zealand all my life can answer any questions you degenerates may have
>>
I live in London at the moment and work in clinical negligence insurance underwriting. But I'm thinking of moving to Auckland

1. What's the job market like out there?
2. What's the air quality like in the city?
3. Will not having a drivers license severely impact my quality of life? Enjoy cycling and don't mind bussing or training around
4. What's the food scene like?
5. I'm half-black, are there problems with racism out there or is it quite multicultural?
>>
>>1220794
Job market: eh pretty alright
Air quality: top tier God quality m8
No drivers license: Aukland has good busses, trains etc
Food: good food. Not that amazing, but still pretty damn diverse.
Racism: none. Apart from your usual bastards that have been drinking too much, etc we're all pretty accepting
>>
>>1220781
what would be the cost of survival-mode eating? Like, really the cheapest nutritious option possible.

Are there many private yachts going between australia and NZ?
>>
>>1220781
Why do all the kiwis move to Australia
>>
File: 1445711043020.jpg (100KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1445711043020.jpg
100KB, 500x666px
>>1220927
I'm homeless & survival mode eating most days; the Auck city mission and afew other churches around the city aswell as all the in-patient care I've been to recently have free day old bread, as much as you can carry.
I also dumpster dive for pizza & fries easily.

no hirable yacht passage I know of.
>>
>>1221020
I see. Well, I was thinking about hitchiking a yacht, not hiring it. How's that?
And assuming I could not go for the completely free options, how much would I need to pay to actually buy the food to survive?

Also, are there enough fruit trees growing wild?
>>
Is there any way to get to NZ subantarctic islands besides superexpensive tourist agencies?
>>
>hitchhiking a yacht

Unless you can crew a boat or maybe suck a mean dick you're not getting on a yacht. Yacht trips are expensive and space is limited, nobody gets on unless they have a job.

You want to travel by yacht? Learn how to sail.
>>
>>1221079
Obviously I don't know about NZ, but that is cetrainly untrue about Gibraltar for example. Yacht-hiking is most certainly possible, though maybe quite hard. Job is not out of question as well, of course.
>>
>>1221024
>Also, are there enough fruit trees growing wild?
No, but there is plenty of watercress
>>
What are the perks of Auckland Wellington and Christchurch in : Nightlife, Drugs, Landscapes, Weather conditions, Renting prices
>>
w
>>
>>1220794
I'm in NZ and have met many people who have top notch skills that don't find a job in their area, there's only 4 mill people here so if you're something really specific its probably already sown up. You speak english well you should be better off though.

Also because of the low population everything is comparatively more expensive. Rent, electricity, petrol, food, cell phone bills, internet, you name it. Also wages are pretty low too. Tourists get ripped off everywhere they turn.
>>
>>1221297
I disagree. If you're an expat it's not that hard to fin a job, just go to seek.com, pick and apply for anything. Depending on whether you come from It will please them. But yeah you must be fluent in english
>>
>>1220798
>Racism: none
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
NORTHKEK DETECTED
>>
I lived there last year for 8 months, people are really friendly. I also visited that lake in OP's pic, stood right there on the pier! And got high and went on a hike through the woods there.

My question is why is NZ so racist? It seems to be totally ok there.
Also why do you still treat the Maori as second class citizens?

I got really fed up with all the racism and hypocrisy there. People making jokes about lazy Maoris all the time and being racists, then at the time, the asian population surpassed the maori population, some 20% or so, and then all the white Kiwis were "aww mate, all them asians coming here ruining our heritage, can you get it, theres more chinese than Maoris here!"
Fuck off literally, like you care?
>>
>>1222524
>why is NZ so racist?

NZer's are traditionally low key people, humility, modesty, not being a show off or full of yourself is virtuous, and also fairly mandatory for survival. 'Tall Poppy syndrome' has been an undercurrent.

To be a full out, public racist would risk ostracisation, practically death in a small country. Most people are light racists in a jokey way behind closed doors. Some are more serious about it.

Maori weren't genocided in NZ but were wronged; land confiscations, whites not honouring treaties, general exploitation, exclusion. Nowadays mainstream culture tries to include everyone, diversity's celebrated etc.

Maori are way overrepresented in domestic violence, drugs, child abuse, robbery, poverty, murder rates etc.

This pisses off whites as we have to watch another one in court on the 6pm news being tried for some stupid shit. Or robbing a dairy on security cameras. As well as obvious reasons it makes us look bad as a country.

In the nineties the head of police said, 'If it weren't for maori, NZ would be the safest place in the world.' (No one likes that guy, John Banks.)
>>
>>1222562
>Maori weren't genocided in NZ but were wronged; land confiscations, whites not honouring treaties, general exploitation, exclusion.

This is something I noticed about NZ, even a lot of the more vocally racist kiwis I met were very magnanimous about the way Maori were treated.
Whereas if you bring that topic up with Aussies or Americans it's a different story. They get really defensive, hostile, etc.

(American that grew up near a rez in South Dakota, just for frame of reference)
>>
>>1220781

Where do kiwis travel to most frequently? I was down in that part of the world not too long ago. I loved it, but I couldn't help but wonder if traveling out of there ever got difficult.

I'm in the eastern states and consider myself lucky. I've got Europe a short hop to the East. The rest of the U.S. to the West. Canada is North, Mexico and the Caribbean to the South.

On a side not: you've got a really beautiful country-especially Picton. World class wines too.
>>
>>1220794
>1. What's the job market like out there?
Depends what you do.
>2. What's the air quality like in the city?
Pretty good compared to London.
>3. Will not having a drivers license severely impact my quality of life? Enjoy cycling and don't mind bussing or training around
Flying isn't that expensive. There is an ok network of private bus companies. Public buses are always late.
>4. What's the food scene like?
Depends. Nothing to write home about in the cities. If you enjoy seafood you'll be in heaven along the coast.
>5. I'm half-black, are there problems with racism out there or is it quite multicultural?
You will be fine. Kiwis are very hospitable, just don't act like a dumb Maori. Don't talk to Maoris.
>>
>>1220927
>Are there many private yachts going between australia and NZ?
Yeah but you'd be lucky to find someone to let you go with them.
>>1221046
>Is there any way to get to NZ subantarctic islands besides superexpensive tourist agencies?
Work for your Government's antarctic division. Or try and get a spot on a fishing boat (you wont see much other than choppy seas and fish guts.)
>>1220941
>Why do all the kiwis move to Australia
$$$
>>1221260
>What are the perks of Auckland Wellington and Christchurch in : Nightlife, Drugs, Landscapes, Weather conditions, Renting prices
All the cities are pretty fucked in terms of rent. Chirstchurch is probable the best if you're into /out/ providing you have a car. Wellington is fucking boring, very small techno/tech-house scene. Auckland is little Korea. If you want nightlife and drugs, flying to Melbourne is your best bet.
>>1222524
>My question is why is NZ so racist? It seems to be totally ok there.
A lot of it isn't actual racism, more like joking between workmates.
>Also why do you still treat the Maori as second class citizens?
Again, most of the time its banter. The real 'racism' is more like normal people hating the mongrel mob, black power, etc. who just happen to be made up of maoris.
>>1222769
>Where do kiwis travel to most frequently?
Australia, Canada, UK
>>
I'm thinking of moving there for a Working Holiday, and then staying if I like it. I'm currently in Canada.

1. I've heard they have some of the tightest import restrictions to avoid invasive species. Does this mean they don't allow growing of any non-native plants? Do grocers carry foregin vegetation? (not even fancy, asking about potatos, parsley, eggplant etc.)
2. What's dating like there?
3. Are they as into the coffee shop scene and fine dining as Aussies?
4. Do they get Japanese imports there?
>>
Here I can get a shitty but working sailboat for 4 grand.

I heard there were cheap boats in Nz. Can you confirm?
>>
What are the temperatures like? Are there warm places? Last I looked it seemed like shit never got above 70, a bit chilly for me, mid 80s or 90s would be nice for summer you know.
>>
>>1222769
>Where do kiwis travel to most frequently
Australia and USA usually, some have also travelled to Pacific islands and Peru
Never heard of a kiwi travelling to somewhere other than Australia USA Pacific islands and Peru in my entire life, and I was born and raised and am still living here
>>
>>1222524
>why is NZ so racist
I don't know anything about north island, but here in the south island people are very conservative and rightwing, and talk shit about immigrants all the time in public and private
We aren't racist because we hate pommie immigrants just as much as asian and islander immigrants
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.