[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>15 hour flight How do I stop from stinking by the time the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_Jm04ya2nagO1r6dybk.jpg (60KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_Jm04ya2nagO1r6dybk.jpg
60KB, 500x280px
>15 hour flight
How do I stop from stinking by the time the plane lands?
Any tips on how to be fresh while traveling?
>>
Where are you flying from and where to?
>>
File: 2771.png (171KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
2771.png
171KB, 500x689px
>>1220609
Unless you're morbidly obese, you won't stink after a 15 hour flight.
>>
>>1220609
Practice basic hygiene.
>>
>>1220648
>>1220650
the last time I was on a long flight my armpits stunk, i dont want it to happen again
>>
>>1220609
Don't wear dry fit type materials. Get very long lasting deodorant. Keep the air moving, have a good diet the weeks before the trip. Buy deodorant in the airport?
>>
>>1220651
Get some unscented arm & hammer deodorant.
>>
>>1220609
If you take a shower and apply deodorant, how the fuck could "sitting for 15 hours" cause you to smell?

If this is actually a problem, there's no fixing you because that's really fucked up
>>
Get up and move around once in a while. You get pit stink on long flights if you just in in your seat with your flabby arms pressed against your flabby torso.
>>
>>1220609
shower before the flight
re-apply deodorant every few hours
don't wear 5 jumpers that cause you to sweat in the first place

also, planes tend to be chilly, how the fuck do you get a sweat on and stink?
>>
>>1220664
>>1220666
>>1220667
>>1220670
these are all good advice

although i will say there's no way to avoid actually smelling like the airplane's recycled air when you get off
>>
>>1220609
Gold Bond medicated powder on your gooch.

Shower and dry off completely first. You can buy a bottle for $1.75 at Walmart, works like a charm.
>>
>>1220671
See the post above yours
>>
>>1220648
>>1220650
>>1220667

Confirmed for only traveling by car in the USA.

Nigga I am a non odorous individual, low test, you have to get up close to smell me at all, didn't wear deodorant until I was 16, Germanic, daily bather, I don't even smell when camping nigga.

The only times I've every truly been stinky are after flights and long bus rides. Something about recycled air and immobility and perhaps the temperature a couple degrees too high.

Theres a reason the airports always have showers.

>>1220609
Pay the ten bucks or whatever for an airport shower and bring a change of clothes as carry-on.
>>
>>1220677
Hardly any have showers, just a few in Japan.
>>
>>1220677
>ten bucks

Ten bucks to get into a sky lounge? Try $30-40. Or $200 for an annual pass like a lot of the networked ones do.
>>
>>1220609
I do shower just before so I feel as fresh as possible with serious soap not body wash. I do use 24hrs antiperspirant and travel size gold bond or shower to shower body powder goes on everywhere too just for the flight. I wear a light cotton skimpy base layer that I can strip down to for a hot pre takeoff cabin. My intention is never to break a sweat so no rushing in concourse.
In-flight I switch shoes and get comfy. I have scented wipes like Loccitane lemon verbena, Pacifica lotion wipe, yes to cucumbers. Alternately I might go to the lavatory to wash my face with a dry ponds cloth that you wet at the sink. I might then use the rinsed hot cloth to do a little sponge bath to freshen up further head to toe. New powder doesn't hurt. Brush your teeth. Drink a lot of water and eat fruit and nothing too crazy spicy that you'd sweat out like garlic or curries.
>>
>>1220609
You're either fat/skinny fat and/or you have shitty diet
Fuckers like you stink all the time and deodorants won't help much.
Solve the root of the problem instead of trying to find more powerful anti odor measures
>>
>>1220609
All of these post suggesting you should smell lovely after a 15 hour flight with 2+ hours of security/waiting before hand, and atleast a 30 minute ride to the flight and from the destination are probably people who think people don't notice when they skip a day of showering

You shouldn't smell like you played 3 hours of hard basketball but nobody comes off of those planes in the best condition. But there really isn't anything that can be done. Shower as late as possible before the flight and as early as you can after. There are small things you can do on the flight that help like wash your face and brush your teeth but other than that you just have to deal.
>>
>>1220681
Which sky lounges don't have showers?
>>
Embrace your manly smell, you sissy
>>
An hour before landing to 45 mins before landing, go clean your armpits properly.
Either bring a couple of wet wipes, or if you forgot those, grab the bigger tissues in the toilet, wet them, add a bit of soap, repeat till it feels clean, then follow it up with a couple of water-only tissues.

I also wash my face properly, helps a lot.

Just reapplying deodorant won't help for more than an hour, you need to be clean first.
>>
>>1220609
>Any tips on how to be fresh while traveling?

I don't cocksuka know maybe you should, tss wrap yourself up in saran wrap or something.

SAMMY BRAN MUFFINS
>>
>>1220833
He gets it, he's laffin'
Eh Travdog woof woof woof woof
awww peckahs
>>
>>1220677
How the fuck is your post even a response to the people you quoted?
>>
Basically suggested already, here's what I do when I need to be fresh on arrival.

I shower at the last possible time. Just before leaving home or the hotel I stay at usually, change into travel clothes (light cotton track pants,
Cotton t shirt, slip on shoes like puma mostros) and pack a set of clothes as well as a stick of deodorant. Prior to landing I spend 10mn in the toilet cleaning my face, armpit, even my dick when It was my gf coming picking me up at the airport. Change into a clean t shirt, a pair of jeans and apply deodorant and ready for a good day.

Whenever available (if I redeem my miles for an upgrade in business or when the airport has pay in showers/lounge), I do the same except I shower and put on "travel clothes" just before boarding which is even better.

I concur with the anon who said people who think you don't somehow smell like it after spending 5 hours commuting/going through airports and 12 hours + squeezed in a tiny vinyl seat are oblivious of actual hygiene.
>>
>>1220677
>Confirmed for only traveling by car in the USA

I actually will sweat more in a long car ride. Leather seats and AC doesn't stop that lower back sweat
>>
I've been on 15-18 hour flights and yeah, you smell a little sweaty but it's not like you get off the plane smelling like you rolled around in a pile of dirty jock straps and wet dog. Unless you do, which is indicative of a larger problem than a long flight.

Just go to the bathroom and freshen up a bit. Maybe change your shirt and put some deodorant on if you're that worried about it.

And like other anons said, don't just sit there with your legs together and your arms pressed in. Get up and move around
>>
>>1220609
Try washing clothes in super febreeze gain scented beads with long last sport formula. Just having a scarf or T in that stuff is great. Also my travel outfit is always clean and kept apart from anything in my luggage that wasn't.
You can't always control a sweaty security zone or plane sitting on the tarmac waiting and unwilling to burn fuel for a perfect climate (sometimes they claim it is broken lawl). But if you have a cool base layer and cool feet you should manage not to perspire. Helps not to lug much. Park items on top of rolling carryon to avoid physical exertion and be hands free from a coat.
In flight sip ice water the whole time and freshen up with a sponge bath while you stand in your flip flops or crocs. Feel free to change.
>>
I dont have a problem with sweating... but as I drift off into sleep I often wake myself up by farting... I think the pressure in the cabin causes me to fart more.. I dont care, but the people around me probably do.
I try to let silent ones out before settling in to nap
>>
Abslutely wear NEW fresh clothing.
No polyesther ever. Avoid those half stretchy denims and chinos, they trap heat and restrict airflow.
Jeans are terrible garnments for travel. Cotton chinos, tropical wool dress pants or linen or even sweatpants are better.
Merino Wool underwear.

Shower right before leaving for the airport and don't schedule intense activities on your last day before a long bus ride or air travel. Take a slow day indoors if you visit tropical locations.
If you must absolutely jam all the last drop of travel out of your stay, on the last night before no drinking/drugs. Then wake up earlier, go do all the activities you must do then take a jog or a longer hike as your last activity before your flight. Pack first, then huge meal, shit/shave down a liter of water and finally take a huge shower, put on new clothes/underwear and make sure your dry up real nice and be on your way home.
Lack of alcohol metabolizing + sweating out toxins during that session of physical activity + the shitload of water will make your sweat way less stinky. Bonus points if you eat double ration of greens on that last meal and avoid sugars, it really makes a difference.

Loads of people change their clothes on long flights. Works wonders as an alternative to take a shower on landing.

I want you to imagine yourself very tired by an early wake up, a very long day of walking + intense sport session + a nice balanced meal + that well deserved shower + nicely crisp new fresh clothes and then take your flight immediately after that.
The moment your ass hits the airline seat you will be swimming in endorphines and comfiness. Timed with melatonin or a gentle sleep aid this is how your travel fresh, rested, alert and be able to control your jet lag. If you can sleep during that long haul by the time you arrive, it will feel like a brand new day again.
>>
>>1220609
Layers, you can peel off the top shirt and stuff it overhead halfway through flight, then wash your face in the lavatory sink.
>>
>>1220609
Humans smell get over it, I've went months without a shower while traveling and was fine
>>
>>1221142
underrated
>>
File: 1483762551167.jpg (152KB, 1033x798px) Image search: [Google]
1483762551167.jpg
152KB, 1033x798px
>>1220609
I wouldn't be inclined to believe that sitting down for 15 hours could make you smell. If you are that worried about it, just wear good deodorant and have a few small cans of air freshener to spray on your seat and under your armpits, but I forewarn you that you will look like a dunce.
>>
ANONS

Know the difference between antiperspirant and deodorant. Deodorant acts as a masker and antiperspirant tries to prevent sweat which leads to the smell.

Get an antiperspirant which has a deoderant in it. So it not only prevents sweat but reduces smell as well.

Apply before, at least once during the flight, and then after when you land. Should be fine otherwise.
>>
>>1220609
Just change in the bathroom after you land, use your carry on to stuff an extra shirt and/or pants in.
>>
>>1220609
Tss use wetnaps or sumptin.

What happened, didja pee your pants while sleeping.

Double guns bitch.
>>
>>1225020
Actually good deodorant prevents the growth of bacteria that causes pit stink in the first place.

I use an unscented, baking soda based deodorant and it works really well.
>>
>>1220609
who gives a fuck lad you're all in this together and going to stink afterwards just shower when you arrive to your destination
>>
>>1220609
tss you smell like a fawkin peesa gahbage
>>
>>1220681
all of them have
>>
Emirates shower spa #firstclass
>>
What the fuck is wrong with you people that you smell so bad after 15 hours of sitting still watching movies or napping? Shower before you leave home, wear clean clothes and deodorant (might be a first for some of you) and you are unlikely to smell worse than you do when you come home at night from work or study. If you're really worried, pick up some personal wipes from the airport so you can mop your oily forehead.
>>
>>1220765
>serious soap not body wash

Can you elaborate?
>>
>>1226240
Tl;dr: I haven't read the rest of the thread but I'll come and give my opinion in a condescending way to show my superiority on an anonymous board.

Do you magically pop up in the airport, or do you sometimes have to go through a full day in a tropical climate, ride 2 subways and one shuttle to reach the airport then queue for hours just to check in, then wait 2 or 3 more hours before being able to board the plane AND THEN sitting in the same clothes you wore for a full day for 15 more hours?

I wonder how many of the children here have really taken a trip outside of their own country.
>>
>>1226247
A serious soap never cracks jokes, and is usually extremely reliable in a business environment.
>>
People in this thread are talking about going for a jog or something related on the morning before flying, and generally sweating out toxins and so.

I just googled it and the (serious) links I found all seem to suggest that you don't sweat out toxins, the excretion of those happens in the kidneys and the liver.

So isn't all this stuff about your sweat becoming more stinky when having a hangover or such bullshit, at least theoretically? If not, can someone explain why?
>>
>>1226253

The majority of sweat stink is waste product from bacteria on your skin feeding on the salt and proteins in your sweat.

However, diet and alcohol can have some effect on your body odor. We drink excessively, your body does everything it can to get rid of it because your body thinks it's being poisoned (and technically speaking it is).

The majority of alcohol gets metabolized into acetic acid and pissed out, however some is also expelled through your respiratory system and perspiration.

So yeah, you do actually stink more when you have a hang over, but most of it is still bacterial waste.

Red meat and certain vegetables like garlic and broccoli can affect your natural B.O. as well. So skip the steak and don't get drunk on the plane.
>>
>>1220677
>the temperature a couple degrees too high
Confirmed for never having been on an airplane.

Seriously OP, if you're a well-functioning adult human being, you shouldn't start to smell on a 15-hour flight. Take a shower before you leave, apply deodorant, wear clean clothes, and you should be fine.

HOWEVER, if you're a 400-pound hamplanet who never leaves his house and works up a sweat when he types long emails, this advice won't work for you. Nothing will. Just accept it and move on.
>>
>>1226347
>15-hour flight.

15 hour is basically a day. are you saying you don't shower daily?
>>
>>1226358
He probably doesn't realize how bad he smells and regularly skips showers
>>
>>1226358
I don't shower twice a day unless necessary. I take a shower when I wake up, before going to work. I don't stink come 10 at night.

Seriously, you shower right before you head out to the airport, and you should be fine 15 hours later. I find my breath can get a bit stale after I sleep, so I like to keep something in my carry on for it. At worst, I'll reapply my deodorant.How are you getting so smelly that a quick trip to the lavatory isn't going to keep you right as rain?
>>
>>1221614
This is the wisest advice on the thread and not even one (You)
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.