[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malaga, Span - July 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Thinking of going with my wife and 2 kids to Malaga for 2 wks. I thought I'd book a place with airbnb either in Malaga or a nearby smaller town and do some beach time and some travel time to near attractions.

Any tips? Things you'd recommend seeing or doing? Safety advice?
>>
>>1220546
Why Málaga? If you have not yet decided on it, I would consider maybe Cádiz, much prettier city and you would still have access to the sea. Staying on a smaller nearby coastal town is not a bad idea if you want to avoid sub-par beaches (city beaches tend to be dirty and overcrowded in summer).

>Things you'd recommend seeing or doing?
Day trip to Granada is a must. Book your ticket to the Alhambra in advance, because it is something that everydoby should see before they die. Córdoba is also a solid day trip, the old town with the mosque, the roman bridge, the white jewish neighbourghood and the patios are all lovely. Sevilla deserves more than one day IMO but it's also an option.
Food is great there. Be sure to try the local stuff: espetos, ajoblanco, salmorejo, gazpacho, and any kind of fried fish and seafood. Do yourself a favour and stay away from paella, tapas and sangria menus.
>Safety advice?
You'll be fine, Spain is one of the safest countries in the world. Chances are that wherever you come from is more dangerous than here.
Don't stay on the sun at midday, it gets unbearably hot. Do like the locals and take your time for eating, maybe even do a small siesta.
>>
>>1220557
Malaga because of cheap flights because of family is a larger expense than solo.

Alicante is another cheap option, but had not researched the area yet.

Thanks for the great tips around the area and food :) I also wanted to see Gibraltar, would you recommend for a visit?

I'll most probably be renting a car, any tips for the roads? Do you pay toll?
>>
>>1220546
>>1220546
Don't stay in Malaga itself. Thankfully, the airport has it's own train station. Head along the coast to Benalmadena or Fuengirola (30min train journey) from there you can go a bit inland to Mijas (nice little mountain village), explore the towns. If you want to do some day trips, get back on the train, go to main station in malaga and hit up some of the inland villages and towns. Ronda is especially beautiful. Can also get to Seville and maybe even Granada if you want more day trips.
>>
>>1220591
Ah, the 2 spots I starred on my google maps :)
Sounds very good, I will arrive in Malaga but stay most probably in either of the two.

For trains to other (farther) destinations is renfe the right place look?
>>
>>1220592
>For trains to other (farther) destinations is renfe the right place look?
Yes, might also want to check buses as trains are comfier but pretty expensive in Spain. Alsa and avanzabus are the most common companies.
Also seconding Ronda, really amazing place. Can't comment on Gibraltar because I've never been there.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.