[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for London and Edinburgh with GF?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: London-RollingStones.jpg (405KB, 2349x1569px) Image search: [Google]
London-RollingStones.jpg
405KB, 2349x1569px
Hi trv/, my GF and I are going to London and Edinburgh. Any advice on interesting things to do, see, shop?
Interests:
- Museums
- Music: I plan to go to a classic rock memorabilia shop, maybe get a couple vinyls. My GF likes britpop. Any ideas?
- History: any old castles nearby? specially in Edimburgh (besides the city castle).
- Food: trying local and ethnic food are a must in our trip, any good places to go?

We are taking the Caledonian overnight train from London to Edimburgh and back. Anything to keep in mind?
We will be 6 days in London and 2 in Edinburgh.
Thanks.
>>
File: Leeds_castle.jpg (63KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
Leeds_castle.jpg
63KB, 640x384px
>>1220528
Camden is an interesting place to go in London. Lots of old record shops and a thriving alt-scene.
If you want castles, take the train from London down to Kent, it's only about an hour. There's a shitton of castles around here, old Kings used to build them so they'd have a place to stay the night before setting off across the sea to France.

I recommend Leeds Castle. The grounds are beautiful and they have peacocks and shit walking around.

Pic related; Leeds Castle.
>>
>>1220528
wassa gwanin?

Can't say much for London except the Natural History Museum is worth a look! Fuck off the Tate and saatchi gallery, check out the statue of Eros (You old romantic) Do the touristy shit if you're not too cool for it. Get your girlfriend a little something from Harrods or Selfirdges. Mong about oxford street, see a show its fucking London man get amongst it.

Edinburgh is great all the time, Check out the Camera obscura (its at the top of the royal mile on your way to the beloved castle), best views of the city are from Calton hill (hope you're good at walking). Get a baked potato from the baked potato shop, (this is classed as local cuisine and street food you, are you satisfied you fucking hipster?). Do a spooky Edinburgh vault tour and bang your gf in one of the graveyards where J.K. Rowling stole the names of all her harry potter characters from.

Stirling isn't far from Edin and is worth a look for it's castle and it's a nucleus of Scottish history.

Good luck, godspeed and try and upgrade to first class if it's not too expensive, free tea and biscuits my man.
>>
>>1220612
>>1220637
thanks, great info.

pd: not a hipster, nor a Real Traveller
>>
Monty Python castle is nearby.
>>
File: IMG_20170224_105050181.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170224_105050181.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>1220612
What part of Kent are you from mate?

OP definitely go to Kent there are so many things to see, if you take a trip to Canterbury you can get into the Cathedral for free if you say you are a pilgrim (if you like hiking you could even do a mini pilgrimage to the Cathedral from Wye).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.