[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mediterranean Islands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Mediterranean.jpg (108KB, 1642x558px) Image search: [Google]
Mediterranean.jpg
108KB, 1642x558px
Hi /trv/, I'm thinking in doing a 1-month trip through Mediterranean islands, but I have no idea how could I made it. Right now I'm dividing it in sectors, and the results are:
I -
Eastern Mediterranean - 15 days
Western Mediterranean - 15 days
or
II -
Cyprus and Greek Islands - 10 days
Malta and Italian Islands - 10 days
Corsica and Spanish Islands - 10 days

How feasible is this?
>>
Everything's as feasible as you make it to be, but remember that if you're thiking of mostly traveling by ferry you'll either waste nearly full days on board or end up absolutely exhausted if you choose to travel at night (and you're lucky with boarding times).
Second one sounds more doable but you'll need to plan your stopovers carefully to avoid spending crazy money
Probably the least geographically crazy route would be something like Cyprus from East coast to West coast- Crete - Aegean Islands - Athens - Corfu and its surrounding islands - Bari - Malta - East Sicily - sailing back from Palermo - Livorno - Corsica - Sardinia - Maiorca/Minorca
It's still a crazy speedrun where you'll be able to see very little outside the most touristic places and be fucking dead at the end
>>
Not enough time IMO, and you should be prepared to spend a shitload of money. I would recommend doing this in late may or early september, for the best rate of good weather/crowdedness.
>>
>>1220166
Hello, Cypriot here. Ask me anything
>>
>>1220252
Ibizan here, ask away too.
Travelled all over the Balearics aswell, for what it's worth
>>
Thanks everybody for the feedback
>>1220252
>>1220287
How many days do you recommend for a good staying (Cyprus, Mallorca/Menorca/Ibiza)?
Also,
>>1220287
Is there a middle-low season in Ibiza concerning parties?
>>
>>1220289
Cypriot guy here.
Well man Cyprus and Greek island in 10 days is no where near enough to see them good.

What do you like doing?
Do you want to chill up at our God tier hotels? Are you into culture/history/food?
Nature?

Tell me and I will recommend what I can.
>>
>>1220289
>How many days do you recommend for a good staying (Cyprus, Mallorca/Menorca/Ibiza)?
Can't speak for Cyprus cause I've never been, however I would NOT recommend doing the three islands in 10 days. Shit, you could easily spend 10 days in Mallorca alone and not be bored a single day. I would knock it down to 2 islands in 10 days. You gotta consider that even if the islands are half an hour away from eachother by plane, you're gonna lose a considerable amount of time with the airport controls, getting to your accomodation, checking in, etc. I would say either add some more time or pick depending on your interests:

>Mallorca
The biggest out of the 4 islands. Probably cheaper, has Mediterranean landscape but also mountains (which I recommend) and lovely old towns. It also has a decent nightlife and the only real city in the whole islands (Palma). Feasible by public transport.

>Menorca
The least touristy of them all, more focused on family tourism. On summer they make some crazy fiestas with horses running wild on the plazas full of drunk people. Definetly a more local flavour of partying, but this only happens every two weeks in a different town. The more famous happen from the 20-25th of July. Super flat island so it's great for biking and whatnot.

>Ibiza
Famous for its nightlife obviously, but there's also plenty of cool nature and secluded calas to swim and enjoy the sun. I can go more into detail with this one if you tell me what you're into as >>1220319 said. Can be done by public transport if you are there just to party and don't mind staying in the crowded, worse beaches of the islands. Otherwise rent a scooter or car (distances are super short).

>Formentera
No doubt, the most beatiful of them all. Tiny as fuck, can only be reached by ferry from Ibiza. Their beaches rank every single year among the best in Europe. You 100% need to rent a bike/scooter to get around, but you grab one when you arrive. If you go to Ibiza, a daytrip here is a must.
>>
>>1220289
>Is there a middle-low season in Ibiza concerning parties?
Well, depends on what you mean by that. The party season starts on the very last week of May and goes on till September. Anytime between that you can find full on debauchery every day of the week.

NOW, this does not mean that the whole fucking island is on a coke binge. There's plenty of chill spots and it's really not hard at all to get away from the two party ghettos (San Antonio and Platja d'en Bossa).

High season is from mid-late July to August. DO NOT COME HERE DURING HIGH SEASON. Seriously fuck off, we are full. We go from 120k or so inhabitants to almost half a fucking milion living on the island in these 2 months. Everything is crowded as hell and the public services blow up. It sucks and all of the natives will tell you to stay away during these months. The partying is the same as in may, june and september so there is literally no reason to come in high season. This also applies to Formentera (12k inhabitants to 40k+ on the highest points) and to Mallorca, but Mallorca is able to deal with it better because it's a lot bigger.
>>
>>1220355
I wonder how much this stands true for Greek islands like Mykonos but I'd say it's similar, it sounds like doing what OP is trying should really be avoided in the summer
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.