[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bosnia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: bosnia-flag-5.gif (42KB, 2071x1382px) Image search: [Google]
bosnia-flag-5.gif
42KB, 2071x1382px
Has anyone here visited Bosnia within the last 10 years? Not the surrounding countries. Bosnia in particular. There is pretty limited information available online and it's definitely a place that isn't discussed often in terms of travel. How cheap is the food? Do many people speak English? How much reign do Muslims have, meaning if a foreign woman is there alone and wears something that is somewhat revealing, will she get caught up in anything? Pls share any info you have.
>>
>>1219986

I went to Bosnia in 2014.

Food is cheap, as is budget accommodation. I can't remember what prices at restaurants were, but you can get a relatively solid meal for between $3 and $10, depending on your tastes.

Not many people speak English, but there are enough who do that you'll be able to make conversation here and there. I hitchhiked from the border with Croatia, near Žaponja, and was picked up by a guy who was fluent within three minutes.

The whole country is pretty divided in regards to religious affiliation. The eastern parts of Bosnia, closer to Serbia, are almost exclusively Christian. In fact, the consequences of the war on people as well as where they live are still very noticeable. There were a lot of amputees and handicapped people in Sarajevo, as well as buildings still riddled with bullet holes.

Can't remember much about the women, but I never felt like I was in a conservative Muslim country. Plenty of people drink. However, I'd still exercise some caution if you're traveling alone. The guy who gave me a ride was telling me about some female tourists from Northern Europe who were kidnapped, held hostage, and repeatedly raped before being murdered. Can't remember when that allegedly took place or where, though. Probably won't affect you, but there are still active minefields scattered here and there, although most are denoted by red signs bearing a skull and crossbones.

Was a very interesting country, on the whole. I had planned to go there, as I was hitchhiking to Istanbul prior to jetting off to India. The only reason I did is because a Croatian family offered to let me stay with them for a couple nights, and they lived within walking distance of the border.

Still, Bosnia left an impact on me. Even the receptionist at my hostel told me a lot about her childhood memories of the war (I was the only guest at the hostel, so we wound up talking a lot).
>>
Also, is Eftpos accepted in some/most places or should cash be carried?
>>
Went this summer for a week, Mostar and Sarajevo. I loved Bosnia, i did not expect anything from the country and maybe thats why i liked it so much.
It's fucking beautiful, the road between Mostar and Sarajevo was so scenic i had to backtrack and go once again. The Herzegovina region is beautiful but not so colourful and the river Neretva that runs along the road gets wider and wider and at one point it opens up and looks like a big turquiose lake with green mountains in the backdrop surrounding the whole landscape.
It was effing jaw dropping.
It's a very interesting country with rich history and you can feel how recent the events were. Still many bullet holes in buildings and bombed out buildings in both Mostar and Sarajevo.
You will also realise how no one has forgot about what happened 20 years ago and its always present. Also the peace seemed very delicate to me.

Anyway its very cheap, you can stay at hostels in mostar for less than $5 a night and in Sarajevo for less than $10 a night. You can have a pizza in Sarajevo for $2 or Cevapi for $4. It's secular for a muslim country and people still drink even though i never saw drunk people in the streets or clubs, its more on the low key i think.
Also, the women are beautiful and Sarajevo had the highest concentration of MILFs in any city ive ever been to.
>>
Was in Sarajevo with three of my friends last summer. We stayed right next to east/west divied of the city at an apartment for very cheap. Food was also very cheap and delicous. I had a bit of a hard time since i don't eat bread, lots of their meals are bread and meat.
The city is beutiful and i would recomend climbing a hill next to the city the view is just stunning. We felt safe the entire time we were there but you can certainly tell that history is alive and still haunting the city. There are many graveyards both muslim and christian. Check out some of the museum. The one about the war was well worth it, terribly touching stuff.
We took a bus from sarajevo to Belgrade and the country outside Sarajevo was equally beutiful so it might very well be worth traveling around the country.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.