[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seoul vs Shanghai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

File: seoul-vs-shang.jpg (586KB, 1900x839px) Image search: [Google]
seoul-vs-shang.jpg
586KB, 1900x839px
Have 1 week to visit Seoul or Shanghai.
What you would choose pepes?
Vantages and disadvantages.
Around October, solo travel.
>>
seoul
shanghai is a visa hassle, worse air quality
the parts of shanghai you want to go to are more centralized
there's more of a foreigner cache in shanghai
seoul has a better drinking culture
>>
Thx, Kampai!
>>
I'd flip a coin because you're gonna have a great time in either place.
>>
>>1219254
Neither, HK or Singapore instead
>>
shanghai is shit
>>
Just go to Tokyo if you want an Asian mega city. Both cities feel like shitty provincial backwaters compared to in comparison.
>>
>>1219414
Been to both those shitholes and hated them. I fell in love with Seoul. Am Iranian
>>
>>1219675
>Biggest City in the World
>Feels like backwater Town to grorious Tokyo

How about you fuck off Weeb?
>>
Seoul is good for exactly one thing:
Getting drunk.

Or if you're a chick you might get off on all the make up and clothing too.

Seoul is actually boring as fuck.
>>
>>1219254
1 week? Shanghai all the way. It's a fucking shit show with low quality and the highest quality all thrown together in one uncomfortable mess. The bund alone will keep you satisfied and hostels are cheaper. Eh, you are moready likely to get jumped or ripped off while drunk there though.

If you want easy booze and a hassle free trip Korea is cool. Night life there is more safe and convenient but less of an adventure. I like Seoul more and I would choose to live there over Shanghai but for one week Shanghai will deliver over Seoul.
>>
>>1219887
Seriously. Anyone going to Seoul expecting something on the level of Tokyo or even Osaka can expect to be seriously disappointed. Really soulless city.
>>
>>1219899
Could it be... that people expecting Tokyo would go there instead?
>>
>>1219905
By expecting Tokyo, I mean expecting things to do aside from drinking, nice charming neighborhoods, unique and interesting sights...things like that. Seoul is devoid in all catagories except for booze and hookers that makes a place worth visiting.
>>
>>1219887
What of Seoul did you visit? I'm calling bullshit.

If you didn't have a great time in Seoul I'm genuinely confused.
>>
>>1220051
All of Korea is LITERALLY a cheap ripoff of Japan...

Only reason people go there is because it is cheaper and an easier/more convenient hub for travel and getting drunk, there are so many expats already there that people can go there, never learn anything about Korea or interact with any Koreans and just save $10,000 a year being degenerates. Nobody actually cares about Korea.
>>
Koreans are more fun, go with Seoul!
>>
>>1219899

Don't you mean...

[spoiler]Seoul[/spoiler]less?
>>
>>1220053
Answer my question. Don't give me the same copy pasta you post every thread.

What part of Seoul did you visit?
>>
Shanghai.

But you said you didn't like HK so I don't know how autistic you are.
>>
>>1220078
Tell me what parts I should visit to have fun instead of trying to play the smartass here.

>huh where'd you visit? huh?? huh???

Seoul is boring and no amount of ~Korean Wave~ Hallyu dickriding will change that.
>>
Korea is fucking worthless. Even Koreans go to Japan when they want pleasant urban environments and interesting culture.
>>
The top four sights in Kyoto alone blow EVERYTHING there is to see in the entire country of south korea out of the water.
>>
>>1219254
>Have 1 week to visit Seoul or Shanghai.
>What you would choose pepes?

Tokyo
>>
>>1219675
Tokyo is incredible for the first 3 days, then you get tired of the neon and realize it's overpriced and overrated.

Best Asian mega city I have been too ( taking into account attractions, price etc ) has been Bangkok. Fucking fantastic city, definitely my favourite mega city I've visited so far.
>>
>Seoul vs. Shanghai thread
>weebs come out of the woodwork to bash Korea

Fuck me, I'm Chinese but I'll admit that Seoul is a pretty cool city relative to most of the world. As others have said, Seoul is an alcoholic's paradise. I don't know why South Koreans drink so much, but they do.

Shanghai has a bit more character, though. I can definitely feel the Japanese influence in Seoul, but they probably try to hide it so everything feels a bit more bland. Even though I've been to both cities, I can't recognize Seoul from pictures. It's just sort of there.
>>
>>1219414
Singapore is the best, it's like 3 cities for the price of. . 6 cities.

Seoul is boring, nice food but you can find that other places. I wouldn't bother with SK unless you're there for plastic surgery or a starcraft tournament.
>>
>all the weebs in this thread
get out
korea >>> japan
japan is shithole
korea is much nice place
>>
>>1220357
Korea is objectively worse than Japan you transkorean
>>
>>1220372
false
>>
>>1219254
Shanghai

Better skyscrapers
>>
Definitely not Korea. Koreans are untermenschen and you wouldn't want that to rub off on you.
>>
>>1220174
No. You're not telling me what parts you visited because you're just a shit poster. I seriously doubt you've traveled very much. Giving me some objective criticism of the country, which parts you visited, then I'll give me my recommendation.

I'll wait.
>>
>>1220357
>>1220372
Actual Korean here. They're about the same.

Now, if you want something better, Hong Kong is pretty damn amazing.
>>
I've been to Seoul once and it was a very boring experience.
There's nothing to see in Town.
Foods are cheap but not good.
>>
>>1220749
Then wait lol

Listen to some K-Pop while you're at it

Seoul is boring as fuck
>>
>>1220803
You legit had a boring time in Hongdae and Gangnam? How about Seomyeon or Nampodong? I'm genuinely perplexed by you anon.
>>
>>1220871
What is there to do in Hongdae and Gangnam?
Eating
Drinking
Fucking w-o-w
Seoul blows me the FUCK away, amazing city
All those neon lights, have you seen that shit? and skyscrapers, fucking amazing. and you can get drunk there.
and don't get me started on that amazing student atmosphere in hongdae it's so lively and youthful.

had to google those other two because I am not a Koreaboo who knows the districts of every Korean city.
Busan isn't even the topic here.

jerk off some more to k-idols
Seoul is a boring city
>>
>>1220357
They're in every korean thread. Just gotta ignore them buddy. Their mind is set in stone and have some real mental illness going on. Can't reason with them. Nor can you have a real conversation because they make the exact same blanket statements every thread.

>"Seoul is boring hurrrr derrr"
Why is it boring?
>Go listen to more kpop koreaboo
That's how every conversation goes. Everytime. It's like they didn't graduate high school and learn what a logical fallacy is.
>>
>>1220873
Hahahaha oh man
>>1220876
Case in point.
>>
>>1220878
>Hahahaha oh man

that's a great argument
>>
>>1220879
Not an argument.
>>
>>1220880
still waiting on that post where you tell me how seoul isn't boring
>>
ITT korean and nip argue over which shitty asian city is better when OP has asked about the greatest mega city on earth.
>>
>>1219254
perfect time to join in

i've got holidays planned next month and need to plan what to do after ~3 days in tokyo

?more days in japan/tokyo or go to seoul

from this thread looks like i'll have to go to seoul for some hektik drinking

tips on drinking /nightclubs/culture/how to grills please

i hear jeju island is amazing so might spend a few days there sightseeing

korea seems amaze actually
>>
>>1220896
why not do some traveling outside of tokyo
>>
>>1220898
Unless you are a massive weeb or really into shinto history, the rest of Japan isn't that great. With the snowfields to the north as an exception.
>>
>>1220904
>you can't get wicked drunk or smash some asian pusssaaaay
>>
>>1220873
seriously. seoul is soul (seoul?) less, grey, ugly and awful. as is the rest of south korea. trust me on this. I literally used to be a travel agent. We had rich whites that went to Japan every year because they loved it so much. Japan is magical, basically every small town there is captivating in its own way. I never had a good review for Korea, and when I finally got there in person, one review I got from a client stood out in my head: "The country smelled, everything was an eyesore, all the old palaces were actually replicas constructed in the 70s, the people smelled and shoved, I just wanted to be back in Japan already."
>>
>>1220952
>the country smelled

yes, don't forget that.
Korean plumbing is so bad you literally have those random clouds of god awful sewer stench in your nose every 5 minutes when walking down Seoul.

Shit like that doesn't even happen in China.

Seoul is dirty, smells, has fuckall to see, fuckall to do.
>>
>>1220896
skip south korea. i've been to both countries extensively for business and I can confirm that Japan is just a prettier, more pleasant, more satisfying country to travel in by a pretty huge margin.
>>
>>1220911
You can do that in all of Japan ? Gaijinhunters are everywhere. Just because you love Japan because they make your favourite cartoons doesn't make it the most exciting place in the world. It appeals to introverts and I get that, but if you are even slightly not socially retarded China is so much more fun. Japan is babbies first Asia.
>>
>>1220971
Oh, talking to REAL traveler here, I see.
Yes, Japan is really a country for autists lol I mean do they make all that...what do you call it, Animay?! after all lmao

Really a country for nerds and betas because like who the fuck wants to go to Japan anyway if not for cartoons?
What can you do there? Look at some gay ass temples and eat sushi?

Go off the beaten path, travel China and all that shit. Don't be a babbie.
>>
>>1220896
>tips on drinking /nightclubs/culture/how to grills please

Learn some basic korean phrases. Girls will think it's cute. If you're alone. You're more likely to smash because a lot of koreans aren't confident with their English in a group of foreigners. But just one is less scary too them. Just do basic flirty shit, kiss them and touch them. Not rocket science. There are motels or dvd bangs everywhere to smash. Or a 찜질방(sauna/spa) to sleep for $10 if you're alone.

>i hear jeju island is amazing so might spend a few days there sightseeing

Ya man. The island is great. If you have an international driving license I recommend renting a car there. It's cheap and makes the island visit so much more enjoyable.
>>
>>1220882
Still waiting on your post telling me where you visited.
>>
>>1220954
>Shit like that doesn't even happen in China.
When I was in Hong Kong, I was often hit with waves of shit scents. This was in the Kowloon area.

Like it or not, HK *is* China. Hell, it's the more developed part of China.
>>
>seoul vs shanghai

easy hong kong

>>1219713
we dont like shit skins if you're dark in complexion dont go to hk or sg hookers wont even fuck you

>>1220764
this one knows

>>1221088
go to tiny area half the size of midtown mahnattan complain about the rest of the islands

just go to hong kong anon
public drinking, legal
prostitution, legal
macau, 45 minute boat ride
pristine beaches with out the country bumpkin vibe
vast majority of english speaking natives
street signs, subways all in english
you want temple shit ?you want waterfall nature shit ? you want clear water beaches ? massive sky scrapers ? seedy underworld vibe ? all a stone throws away so you dont waste half your vacation commuting
>>
>>1221503
>public drinking, legal
I didn't know that. I did all my drinking at restaurants and in my hotel room, and I certainly would've wanted to know this. Maybe next time.

>vast majority of english speaking natives
I've found it to be a mixed bag, really. I expected the younger people to be decent English speakers, but many of them were terrible. Then there were old geezers who spoke better English than me. I was genuinely surprised at both scenarios.
>>
south korea...truly awful place
>>
>>1221057
I second Jeju. It is pretty nice. Koreans will oversell the shit out of it though, but if you are down with some beaches, a bit of hiking, fresh seafood, and some caves walk through then that is the place.

I would also recommend Gyeongju which about 2 hour train ride from Seoul. It has some old ass burial mounds in the centre of town which are cool to check out and are UNESCO listed. Especially during the evening. Over by the reservoir there too you can rent ATVs and go tooling around through the river banks and a bit of forest.

Find a random "folk village" or old ass style country area that is not a drama set and stay in a pension or minbak and eat yourself to death. Those are fairly cheap and are a really nice way to get out of the city and experience a bit of culture. Andong is good for that.

I also second the saunas. Those are friggin nice. The local neighbourhood ones are cheap, 24 hours, and nothing like a bit of a relaxing soak after a night on the sauce.

K girls are fun. I would look up and see if there are any language exchange events or cafes in whereever you are at. Good way to chat someone up and end up with a date. Seoul chicks can be a bit more jaded, but if you are in another town the chicks can be a bit more into the "mysterious foreigner" thing especially at clubs. I found Busan chicks at clubs were much more approachable. Try to dance with someone and get her drunk. If she hangs around and offers to share a taxi then you know you are in.
>>
>>1223000
All I'm hearing is that koreas only good for eating drinking and fucking, which you can do pretty much in any country that's not Muslim. Get over it. There's absolutely nothing special about South Korea as a travel destination and 95% of people who have been to both prefer Japan for a fucking reason. It's because Japan is incredible to travel in and south Korea is smelly, dirty, and gray. All of which would be forgivable if it wasn't so fucking boring with so little to do and see.
>>
Where are the best hookers located?
Cheonho-dong or Itaewon?
Prostitution its legal in Seoul?
>>
>>1223000
Thanks for the Gyeongu recommendation. I'll have to check it out if I have time.

Definitely agree on the topic of Busan girls, they're my weakness. Can't wait for the spring and summer fashion again so they can show dem long legs. Less plastic surgery too. Anyone have that Gangnam comic with the american looking at all the girls with the same face?

Tongyeong Islands are also great if you enjoy camping or hiking. Bijindo and Saryangdo are perfect for this. Luge, painted village, cable car and Yi Sunshin park are all there too. Check out the fish market Bukshinshijang if you want cheap and delicious fresh seafood. You can pick out the live fish and they chop it up and you eat it right there in the connecting restaurant.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.