[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

april trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: alerta.png (186KB, 1024x684px)
alerta.png
186KB, 1024x684px
hi guys,

me and some friends are planning a trip in the middle of april over 6 days. starting in vienna, going to budapest and then ending in zagreb, stopping off and visiting the towns and stuff we find a long the way

a few questions
- is it a good time of year for this weather and business wise?
- can you recommend any places along the route? atm we are planning on gyor, siofok and koprivnica
- do you guys know of any mountains or similar along this route? there are people in the group who want like hiking
- we only speak english, will this be ok?

picture is not related
>>
>>1218802
Only 6 days? Why not just choose one city and enjoy it.

I meet so many travellers who are eager to tour towns in a matter of hours and never truly experience the culture of the place their visiting.
>>
>>1218805
they're*
>>
>>1218805
its 6 days because its over the easter weekend with a couple extra

its true thats probably a bit quick, we could cut out croatia and just focus on hungary, will take that into consideration

did you have any answers for the questions posed?
>>
>>1218811
People aren't going to show up in Croatia until Summer hits. I had an opportunity to work in a hostel in Zagreb for the months of February and March but denied it for that reason. And generally speaking, Croatia is a country with a huge lack of infrastructure which is why it is a popular American tourist destination. It's cheap and there's nothing there. I'm in Ireland right now and 99% of the people in my hostel are Croatian and 100% of those 99% do NOT want to go back to Croatia.

To be fair, the cities you chose are tourist traps and I wouldn't care to go to any of them at all ever.
>>
To answer your questions about English. Yes, you'll be fine. Like I said above, the cities you're visiting are tourist traps and English will be commonly spoken in all three cities.
>>
>>1218815
ok, do you have any recommendations then?
>>
>>1218820
What are you wanting to see in those countries? Are you interest in the culture of those places or did someone tell you to go them and you just listened?

My suggestion is to do what you want. Don't listen to me.
>>
>>1218828
culture and nature

why even post if youre just going to cop out like that? all youve done is hipsterly trash what ive written and then avoided actually answering when pressed
>>
I would recommend bratislava over györ, its pretty boring town in comparison. Bratislava is small and exciting enough to see all on one day and the prices are cheap. Buses go from vienna to bratislava for ~15€ if thats still accurate
>>
heading to all of the towns you listed OP on a 2 month trip from warsaw to athens.

All of my research seems to place Budapest as an awesome destination and zagreb as a boring fuckhole.
>>
>>1218989
Budapest will be fun but it's filled with tourists.

You will not find "culture" there, just a bunch of pissed fools. Also, keep in mind that marijuana is incredibly illegal in Hungary. Police WILL arrest you if they catch you smoking.
>>
>>1218860
thanks or the advice, ill put it to the team
>>
>>1219203
Hey, I'm from Vienna. Just ask me if you want to know something. I would stick to Vienna/Bratislava too.
There are two train routes from Vienna to Bratislava with nice landmarks and places to hike between.
If you like the roman empire (petronell-carnuntum), medieval castles (kreuzenstein, hainburg) or communist feeling (bratislava-petrzalka), you will enjoy your trip.
>>
File: schareneck_kaisereiche.jpg (250KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
schareneck_kaisereiche.jpg
250KB, 1000x667px
>>1219213
forgot the picture
>>
File: kreuzenstein_pure_f.4566858.jpg (111KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
kreuzenstein_pure_f.4566858.jpg
111KB, 640x360px
>>1219215
>>
>>1219059
no culture in budapest? the best thing about the place is that it has a lot of 'culture' right next to places where you can get shitfaced.
it ain't no rome or london, but there's enough 'culture' for a few days at least.
>>
>>1218802

reported to the FBI
>>
>>1218802
>End hunger in Africa
Why? So they can breed even more?
>>
>>1219213
hi thanks very much

what would you put down as 'must see' things to do in vienna? truthfully none of us are that experienced in traveling so i couldnt say what we are looking for in particular. i like architecture and nature tho
>>
>>1219591
For nature and architecture, you should go to Burg Kreuzenstein and Prater (Prater is an amusement park in the middle of the city with huge woods around, free entry but you have to pay if you want to ride something), for roman/greek architecture you should go to parliament, town hall, university, most important gothic building is the st. stephen's cathedral.

It's also a good place to party, a lot of travelers I met here wished to stay longer because the city is bigger and more exciting than expected.

Lower austria's biggest national park is great too. It starts at the Prater in Vienna and stops short before bratislava, best way to see it is the Vienna-Bratislava boat (www.twincityliner.com).
>>
>>1219993
>best way to see it is the Vienna-Bratislava boat (www.twincityliner.com).
This. not the cheapest thing but it was totally worth it.
>>
>>1218815
>Croatia is a country with a huge lack of infrastructure

That is BS.
>>
>>1219993
ok thanks very much, will keep in mind

still looking for more info for any other readers
>>
>>1219546
no, so they don't have an excuse to migrate
>>
>>1222439
such a cucked way to look at it
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.