[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Air Travel Protips Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: airplane-flight-sunset.jpg (75KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
airplane-flight-sunset.jpg
75KB, 1600x1000px
Any general protips for air travel to have a better overall or smooth experience?
I haven't flown since the 90s, so a lot must have changed.

(I'm actually making this thread to know how easy it is to get upgraded to first/business class, but fuck it, I'll appreciate any general protips.)
>>
>>1218772
Fly first or business class. But seriously, if you buy a cattle class ticket, there is a clear pecking order for upgrades in case the plane is overbooked. The frequent flyers with the highest status always get the upgrades. If you haven't flown in a long time, you have no status, and won't be considered.

Some airlines do let you bid for an upgrade. Give that a try if it's available.
>>
You can reserve seats online 24 hours prior to departure. Combined with Seatguru website, you can reserve the best seats available. Emergency row is always good because you have more leg space. Do not reserve seats near the bathrooms.

Depending on how comfy you want to be, 100-200$ is worth to spend on class upgrades if you are flying more than 5-6 hours. If its more expensive than that, it's not really worth the money imo.

A pro-tip if you have long legs, take a blanket if they offer it, put it around your legs and sit on it. This way your legs will stay in place, better blood circulation and you'll feel more comfy.
>>
Okay, I have been traveling a ton lately. I always sit in the cheapest seat I can get, so no help from upgrades.

It is often cold on planes and those crappy little blankets suck. always take a light jacket or sweatshirt, even if you are going from hot to hot.

Keep the stuff you might need during the flight, book, head phones, pen, reading glasses, etc. in easy to get to outer pocket of your carry on.

They are often charging for entertainment these days, bright your own movie via tablet, book, or whatever.

Pack any meds, even for like headache in an easy to get to place.

They have a new thing called global entry (US) that for a hundred bucks you get to go to an express like line for customs. I don't know how many years it is good for. I don't have one.

They still give a drink, but often you don't even get the peanuts or pretzels these days. If you think you are going to need to eat on the plane. Buy something after you have gone through security but before boarding...yes you have to pay high airport prices, but the stuff they sell on the plane is not great.

That is all I can think of right this minute.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.