[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to travel usa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: nokia-3310-2-of-2.jpg (409KB, 1520x1140px) Image search: [Google]
nokia-3310-2-of-2.jpg
409KB, 1520x1140px
So i want to travel a few of the states, im from the UK, im not a muslim so that joke can go out the window. My question is...

How much do you think i need to save to be able to have a good time, for say a month?

Hostels...cheap buses etc
>>
Hostels are not very common in the US except for a few cities on the west coast and in Alaska.

A dirty motel room will run you $50-60 a night most places or a decent chain motel will cost $80-100 a night.

Your best bet is couch surfing or airbnb a room.
>>
>>1218586
Bear in mind that if you aim to do it 'so cheap' that you have questionable funds with you the immigration desk may frown upon that and especially since you plan to stay for a month, consider taking evidence of where you will be able to stay for so little and the bus tickets and plans etc
>>
>>1218708
And make sure to bring an itinerary with proof of onward travel or a return ticket.
>>
Hostels and buses is a terrible way to see the US. If you're on a tight budget I'd suggest to go somewhere else.
>>
Buses aren't bad if you're just doing short hops from city to city, but long bus trips are terrible.

Intercity buses in the US are for people who can't or won't get on an airplane, so they're very neglected. Few amenities, poor upkeep and "colorful" passengers.

I'm not saying don't take the bus, just that you should keep it short.

Hostels/Guest houses were largely replaced by motels during the post WWII automobile boom, but with the ever increasing cost of even the most basic motel rooms, and the rise or Airbnb, I suspect that they might be making a comeback in the next few decades.
>>
>>1218586
>How much do you think i need to save to be able to have a good time, for say a month?

3000-4000 USD
>>
Not counting your flight, I would say the minimum would be 100 USD a day. I wouldn't even consider if I didn't have that much.

There was a guy on here a couple of months ago planning a big trip. If you could rent a van or an SUV with enough room to sleep. You could get around and save a ton on rooms. Get a motel every third day to clean up or find camp grounds with showers and laundry.

It can be done, you just have to be creative. It also depends on where you go. It is super expensive in NYC and cheap in N. Dakota. Obviously the experience is vastly different.

Do you mind saying how old of a person you are?
>>
>travelling to the fourth biggest country in the world
>not saying where they're going

unless you stay in the north east you pay a lot for transportation, it's often cheaper to ride a greyhound 100 miles than take a cab from the airport to hotel
>>
>>1218717
Aaaaand changed my mind on visiting the fascist country
>>
Where in the US are you planning to visit? The US has regions that are uniquely different from its neighbors. The Southwest is vastly different from the California Coast. The Great Lakes region has little in common with New England. Where are you staying, OP? That will have a massive influence on the advice I should give you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.