[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charleston, SC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Charleston-SC.jpg (1MB, 2000x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Charleston-SC.jpg
1MB, 2000x1335px
I have two days coming up in Charleston. I hear it's a beautiful city. Anyone have some recommended things to do? Open to any suggestions.
>>
>>1218505
Charleston is South Carolina's only redeeming quality. Good choice. What are you interested in?
>>
>>1219137
Fuck you Greenville is kickass.

>>1218505
Born and raised in Charleston so what I suggest may be different than what you're looking for. For atmosphere and local dives, the best bars are recreation room, royal American, big gun, and Moe's crosstown.

Avoid all restraints on upper king. They are overpriced and tourist shit. The food is good but all the food is good in Charleston.

Carmella's is better than kaminiski's.

Bertha's kitchen and Martha Lou's kitchen are the best fucking find in Charleston. They are both owned by sweet old ass black ladies who serve meat and three on paper plates. They are in shadier parts of town but they're only open in daylight so don't be a pussy.

Avoid all the slave market shit and historical crap. It's boring and no one ever cares. Also the horses who pull the carriages die regularly from carrying thirty obese people at a time in 50C+ weather so don't support that shit.

There's a comedy club that's not bad (forget the name), and plenty of walking. The best stuff is admittedly outside of Charleston so if you feel like getting directions to do a bit of driving, I'll help you out.

Park circle is in nearby North Charleston and is a much better scene..Plenty of good food and bars and much different crowd and feel. Also lots of urbex nearby at an abandoned naval shipyard if you're into that.
>>
Right there in that picture.
USS YORKTOWN
>>
Right there in that picture.
MAERSK ALABAMA
>>
File: roof.jpg (5KB, 176x206px) Image search: [Google]
roof.jpg
5KB, 176x206px
Check out that church
>>
>>1218505
It's one of the best cities in America. Enjoy.
>>
>>1219420
Its a nice town but lets not speak in hyperbole
>>
>>1218505
Charleston, prior to the Civil War, was very cutting edge with new tech. One of the first major railroads in the country began from there in the 1830s and a replica of its first locomotive, the Best Friend of Charleston, is on display in town. There is also the salvaged wreck of the CSS Hunley, an experimental Confederate submarine and the first combat sub in history to sink an enemy ship. There is also the Museum of the Confederacy conveniently located adjacent to the old slave market.

Also, for food, Husk's (I think that's the name) has decent burgers.
>>
>>1219296
Thanks man. I'll remember the food info for sure.

>>1219137
The history is cool to me, but maybe not the people I'm traveling with. How hard is it to get to Sumter? I was seeing there were only a few ferries.

Any cool neighborhoods to walk around would be great too.
>>
>>1220202
If you want to go to Fort Sumter you'll have to get tickets the day before you go. Time actually spent at the fort is very limited due to the ferry schedule.
>>
>>1219420
No it isn't.
But I was waiting for someone to say that, I don't know why but for some reason Charleston has always been highly popular on 4chan, makes me wonder if someone from their city council is hired to promote here. I never see similar out pourings of love over places like Boise. Maybe just the local residents desperate for attention.
>>
Other anon here.
Thinking about spending the next christmas break away from the slosh/ice/snow clusterfuck known as Montreal to go in the southern US. I'd very much like a small but busy town with interesting nearby stuff. Main interests are food and guns.

Charleston seems nice for that sort of thing but would you have other suggestions?
>>
>>1219296
>Greenville is kicks

No one outside of SC believes this
>>
>>1220291
Depends on what u like to do. Guns aren't super big in Charleston. Plenty of shooting ranges but yeah.

Other cities besides Charleston are Savannah, Athens GA and Asheville. Asheville is top tier but kinda hipster. Still p tolerable compared to the rest of the southeast
>>
>>1220283
It's got the history and charm that a lot of travelers like. Same with Savannah.

Boise is good if you're into outdoor activities. You should see all the love it gets over on /out/.
>>
>>1220416
I never clicked out because I just assumed it was a gay board.
>>
>>1220418
You're not wrong
>>
>>1219296
Greenville seemed like a pretty decent town. It had nice outdoor parks if I recall.
>>
>>1220418
This is 4chan. Every board is gay, except maybe /lgbt/.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.