[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't let the bed bugs bite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170226_183945.jpg (614KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170226_183945.jpg
614KB, 3024x4032px
I'm pretty sure the place 'm staying at has bed bugs. I thought they were mosquito bites or a spider in my bed, but this is a bed bug right?
What do I even do? I'm renting a place, this isn't just some hotel I can ditch.
>>
>>1218165

>>1216914
>>
Hang all your shit or put it in the bathtub.
If you're sure something hasn't been contaminated, isolate it from the stuff that might have been.
You can do what you can to tear apart the bed and try to kill adults, but otherwise relax and try to enjoy your stay. They don't carry diseases, they don't even itch for most people.
Before going home, check fucking everything. Every seam, buckle, and buttonhole. I swear to god they are intelligent little fucks who know where to hide. When you find one it'll squirm and cower, like you've just discovered Anne Frank.
Throw everything in a hot dryer before taking it into your house.

Option 2 is to throw all your luggage into a plastic garbage bag when you get home, seal it up, and forget about it for a year or so.
>>
>>1218165
Oh look, the other thread about this is still up.

>>1216885 (OP)
Google answered in seconds, this seems everything you need to know:

http://www.safebee.com/travel/bedbugs-how-avoid-bringing-them-home-your-vacation

The wash-and-drier thing is probably a good idea just in general.

To which I'd only add, avoid staying in hell-holes that never wash the sheets if you can help it. Not all dives have bed nugs, and some nice places can get them, but you can work the odds in your favor.
>>
>>1218165
Yes that is a bed bug and they are fucking impossible to get rid of. Just throw your fucking suitcase or whatever you're carrying stuff in away. Throw ALL of your clothing in a dryer for a long time.

You will be so, so fucking sorry if you get those little fucks in your house.
>>
when you get back to your house, dont go inside

throw your suitcase and all the clothing inside in the firepit and let er rip

yes, the $500 is a sad loss, you wanna know what would be even sadder? months or even years of headache plus the ruined furniture, paintings and everything else in your house when the exterminator turns the house up to 250 fahrenheit to kill the buggers

next time dont cheap out on hotels.
>>
>>1218165
It is impossible to get rid of them unless you burn down the place. They are indestructible. If you are staying in a tropical area watch out for the neglected tropical diseases, you can catch a parasite because of them.
>>
>>1218290
It's all of my clothes and I'm not at some cheap hotel, I'm renting a room for 3 months.
I seriously doubt I could afford all new clothes. However it does seem like 30mins in the dryer is guaranteed to kill all the eggs.
>>
>>1218388
The reality is that not only dirty motels have bed bugs. Bed bugs are making a huge comeback, I've worked at 4/5 star hotels that had bed bug outbreaks.

Wash and dry your clothes on the hot setting. Get a steamer and blast your luggage. If you're that worried about it, when you get home get a mattress encasement (good investment anyway because it'll help your mattress last longer) so that they can't set up shop.
>>
I was in a somewhat luxurious condo in Malaysia. Rent is 1500 usd per month.

Right arm literally destroyed by bed bugs in the past week.

Cancelled on airbnb. Get a complete refund. Including the week been there.

Thanks airbnb
>>
The ThermalStrike Ranger on amazon is your friend. Seal your shit up well in garbage bags when you get home, then cook them in the oven.
>>
>>1218165
Hotel fag here

Bag it as evidence, take photos

Get all your shit off the carpet/beds
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.