[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sharing a hostel bed: Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 68777090.jpg (93KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
68777090.jpg
93KB, 1024x683px
Hi
I'm planning on traveling to Japan in a few months and I'm looking up cheap places to stay. It's going to be me, my girlfriend and my brother. We were looking at hostels and found a really nice one.

My question is, is it possible for 2 people to share a bed without anyone caring? pictured is the bunk beds we'll be using. My girlfriend and I are used to sharing a double bed from college days, so that's not an issue.
>>
>skimping on a hostel bed
if you don't have the fund, don't travel.
>>
>>1218135
no, like, we're fine with buying three beds, just that it's nice sleeping together, so why not just skip getting another bed.
>>
>>1218140
Yes you can probably share without people in the dorm caring but you would still have to pay for three beds as it's per a person. Why not just get a private room at the hostel
>>
i don't want to spoil the fun, but it ain't going to be your college double bed
>>
>>1218155
This, if the three of you show up they'll expect you to pay for three beds. I mean you could probably sneak around it by arriving separately and being careful not to arouse suspicion but sounds like a fair fuckaround for a small saving. Have you considered just looking at budget guesthouse or private rooms? Depending on where you are it may be similar, or even cheaper, than 3x hostel bunks.
>>
>>1218124
It's going to be 90cm wide mattress.
won't sharing a hotel room end up the same as hostels anyway? especially when you're three people
bunk beds are like 20-30 per night/person, might as well get a cheap private room for that

and if pic related is your hostel, which google says is Anne Hostel Asakusabashi
i can recommend yadoya guesthose in tokyo
they have private rooms as well, are cheap, central, staff is chill and it's not a party hostel full of retards

alternatively just use airbnb
>>
>>1218124
First off keep in mind a lot of hostels have male and female separated rooms where the opposite gender isn't allowed in the first place. Secondly, it's a 'physical contact is taboo' country. If you have the 'box' style beds where it's literally an enclosed square on all sides and you enter one end with a curtain I'd say yes if you were sneaky about it, but you're probably gonna make people mad uncomfortable sleeping with your girlfriend if it's easy to see into your bed. I went in august and don't quote me on it but I think I remember seeing signs in some of the hostels saying two people couldn't share a bed
>>
>>1218269
This
I suually feel pretty claustrophobic sleeping alone in one of those beds they are that small. When i went backpacking with my girlfriend we shared a bed once and it's fine as long as you are planning on not moving a centimeter the entire night, forget turning around it's spooning all night that's the dealio. A private room however usually have bigger beds that are fine to share and if you look around for the right one it's not that much more expensive.
>>
How long are you planning on staying? I don't get why you would want to pay for three hostel beds, share a tiny ass shoebox of a bed with someone and also deal with upset guests/staff. Just get Air BnB or some other short term rental. Then you have an actual apartment and can enjoy yourselves. It's not like they're expensive these days.
>>
>>1218640
I slammed some chick in a bunk bed in Tokyo while the weeb next to me with his mattress full of figurine boxes was sleeping and all that separated us was a thin sheet of plywood
It's not like staff is going to check the rooms at night to see if all the kids are sleeping alright lol

Just stay quiet and nobody is gonna give shit unless it's some stuck up autismo who will go cry about it at the reception
>>
Airbnb it, some places are cheaper than hostels and you havr a choice of location
>>
>>1218124
From personal experience, private rooms in hostels are worth it if you're more than a party of one.
>>
>>1218799
For instance, the last hostel we stayed at was 20 per person per bed but the double bed private room was only an additional 5 euros more per person.
>>
>>1218799
>>1218804
I had the same experience last time I was in a hostel. It was only a couple dollars more to get the private room and it was nice having a door that locked and not having to worry about other people.

Otherwise, you'll still be paying for separate beds so you might as well use them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.