[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

West africa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0232.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0232.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
So like most of you guys I was clueless about africa, all i knew was from unicefcommercials and likewise. Annyways i decided to check it out and ended up having a blast
From spain i went to morocco-mauritania-senegal-gambia-guinne bissau.
I started with public transport down to mauritania, took the train there, got a lift by some guys driving a truck down to gambia. In gambia me and a friend bought a tuk-tuk (pic.) Made it into a camper, traveled around and sold it in bissau. So now i'm wondering... where do i go next? I wanted to go even further south, but money and time is running out. I also wanted to know if some of you have to much time and are willing to look for cheap flights from west africa to europa in the next weeks. Dosn't matter where it lands in europa because there i can pretty much travel for free. So all tips are much apreciated. The reason i don't look to much my self is that 3g here is slow and expensive.
If people has questions about West africa, feel free to ask.
>>
This is something simmillar I am planning. I will explore the tribes in Gambia and Senegal for my masters degree in law. Are locals ok? Public transport safe? I have experience only in Asia. Is it ok to travel alone?
>>
>>1218020
How much did you pay for tuk tuk? (eur/bucks)?
>>
>>1218020
yes everything is safe, stay out of the big hotels in senegambia. in senegal i recomend to only go with bushtaxi (vanbusses)because the private cars are shitty, (old french cars) go to fast and have allot of accidents. in gambia and kasamas trafic is safer again.
>>1218021
the tuk tuk costed €600, but shared it with a friend. also painted it, installed two madrasses and mosquitonet
>>
>>1218294
How are the people? Are they friendly? I am planning to stay with the families. My task is to find out how villages are led and explore their laws. Best thing to do that is to stay with the people. Would you know a price for a semi-legit motor bike? I am traveling alone.

Also, how expensive is the food?

It is nice to find a guy who has done almost the same thing I am planning to do :D
>>
>>1217884
How much did you save up for this trip, is africa affordable? And how have you dealt with border crossings and visas? Ever get sick?
>>
How did Guinea Bissau compare to southern Senegal? Can you describe your camper? That sounds sweet. And who the hell did you manage to sell it to?

I'll look up flights for you. I'm going to Senegal next month because it was the cheapest possible sub-Saharan country to fly to from Madrid. I'm flying with Air Algerie, I think I paid about $400 round-trip.
>>
>>1218403
Report when you come back m8
>>
>>1218403
Dakar:
On March 3, Royal Air Maroc flies from Dakar to Lisbon for $278, Madrid for $279, to Rome for $342, to Paris for $318, to Strasbourg for $377

Bissau:
On March 1, Royal Air Maroc flies from Bissau to Madrid for $456, to Lisbon for $408, to Rome for $457, to Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam for about $460
Those prices get slightly cheaper if you go later in March.
>>
>>1218435
I searched flights from Accra, and they're comparable to the ones from Bissau.

I'm searching on Momondo.com, by the way.
>>
>>1218453
Did you try google flights? I always got the cheapest prices there, for example 120€ for Vienna-Dublin-Vienna or 80€ for Vienna-Naples-Vienna.
>>
>>1218615
yeah, most flights google listed were more expensive than Momondo.
It's a handy tool, though.
>>
>>1218352
hey, people are friendly, but some are a bit uneducated, expect people to call you white guy in the local langueges. but have no fears. you can walk in the poorest ghetto and the worst that will happen is kids yelling tobab after you.
food with people are for free, at local resturants rice dishes are from 4-500 cfa or in gambia 30 dalasi. depends on where you are, if you stay in touristearies you can get pizza from 3.5k cfa.
you will "only" get chineese bikes, I belive they go for 30-40 k dalasi new ones, used depends allot! buy after how long you will stay and how good of a mechanick you are/wanna become.

>>1218381
bordercrossing with public is easy, mauritania is a countriy that been hated by people with cars for manny yers, but it's better now. stay away from rosso. going from mauritania to senegal.
africa is cheap if you stay with the locals/do local shit. tourist shit are werry expensive, they don't have masstourisme yet so depends on the few with money they can get. visas are easy, you eather get it on the border or in the country before. mauritania- on the border, the rest for me as a norwegian is visafree until bissau.
never realy sick, had a sunexeme once and a infection in my foot.
>>1218403
the beaches of kasamas is probebly the best in the world, but the rivers are nice in bissau.
bissau the city is realy cool, like a mix of cuba with african influences. realy nice colonial buildings etc. in bissau for nice beaches you have an island caled bobaque, also carnival in bissau, but you just missed it. selling was easy, just write a for sale sign and tell the boys that who ever brings a client gets 5 percent forom the sale. all of bissau knew about the bike.
The camper was the tuk tuk with two madrasses in and mousqitonet, when we stopped for the day we just put down the sides with some rope to get the size of a doublebed++
also bought a small grill, atayaset and some small things for nearly 200 dalasi. cole is evrywhere. good luck with the trip
>>
>>1218435
>>1218453
>>1218615
>>1218651
Thanks for helping me out by the way.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.