[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Korea beyond Seoul

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Gyeongju_center.jpg (201KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Gyeongju_center.jpg
201KB, 1000x667px
It is happening, I will be in Seoul for ten days.
I'd like to take two to three days, however, to see what else there is in Korea.

Can anyone recommend either Andong or Gyeongju, or would I be wasting my Seoul time? Is there any other place that might be worth seeing?
Any help and opinion would be greatly appreciated!
>>
obligatory go to japan instead comment
>>
Pyongyang is the best city to visit in Korea.
You won't regret!
Not so cheap but people there are well behaved and it's extremely safe.
Girls are true beauties too.
And you're guaranteed to have a local guide with true knowledge helping you out, which is always a plus!
>>
File: 1480078646582.jpg (274KB, 1024x667px) Image search: [Google]
1480078646582.jpg
274KB, 1024x667px
>>1217611
Pic related.
>>
I highly recommend Busan for clubbing, shopping, food and other stuff.

Also any of the Tongyeong Islands if you like scenic shit.
>>
Make Insadong your very first stop if Korean food and cultural experience are your priorities. As far as clothing shopping goes, Myungdong is definitely worth checking out as there are shitload of brands to choose from. Can't comment much on clubbing/night life for I seldom leave my house or have time to indulge in them but Hongdae is popular among youth in that respect from what I hear.
>>
Spend three days in Seoul and go to Japan for the rest.
>>
>>1217603
I'm a Korean-born Korean, and even I would recommend places other than Korea.

Japan is amazing, fuck what my ancestors think.

Even better, go to Hong Kong. You can see Korean & Japanese stuff there, too. If you're an extra-baka gaijin, language barriers are less of a hassle, because English is technically an official language in Hong Kong. And of course, food is amazing. Can't recommend it enough.
>>
>>1217818
Native inhabitants generally know the least about how it is to experience their country as a tourist.
>>
Seoul is a shit city in all honesty.
It has flashy neon lights and all but nothing to do apart from getting hammered or shopping for makeup and clothes.
Rural Korea is quite nice, enjoyable national parks and all.
I'd say, check out Seoul for three days because that is more than enough and try to do some more outdoorsy stuff for the rest of the trip.

Seoraksan has tons of trails and all, beach is nearby.
Gyeongju has history and all but it's literally just old buildings and shit, seen one seen em all tbph
>>
Suwon is a cool daytrip from Seoul with the fortress and the public toilets.
I loved the Jeonju hanok village and their paper museum, too...
Also seconding Busan.
>>
>>1217889
Thank you for your advice, I will definitely consider Suwon as well. The fortress seems amazing, but could you elaborate what you mean by public toilets? Sounds more fitting as a sight for India than Korea...
>>
Seriously op, just cancel your ticket and reschedule for Japan. You'll thank us when you visit a seriously magical country instead of a shithole.
>>
StarCraft?? GSL is usually free and they have headphones with English casters, usually Artosis and Tasteless, very entertaining. Even if you're not into esports it could be a lot of fun and a good way to meet people, Koreans, Americans and Europeans.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.