[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australia in the winter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: SouthCoastDrive.jpg (44KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SouthCoastDrive.jpg
44KB, 800x600px
So I'm right now in Sydney, but I'm planning on moving elsewhere in few months and spend July-August in somewhere totally different.

I have now lived in three of the biggest cities, but next I want a totally different experience. I wanna go somewhere where the beauty of Australian nature is right there in front of my eyes and I don't mind moving to very remote locations. I'm open for every location basically. I wanna see something completely new.

Where to go?
>>
>>1217504
What cities did you live in
>>
>>1217520
Melbourne, Perth, Sydney.
>>
>>1217524
All full of cunts.

Go to Adelaide, NT, Cairns if you want something a little more Australian without being completely cut off in the outback. Melbourne and Sydney for sure are basically interchangeable with any similarly sized city. Perth is headed that way too.

If you move to the outback be aware you will have to do shit like drive 3 towns to see a movie, drive 6 to visit a certain kind of shop. You'll spend a whole day going to do the shopping. It's fucking BIG out there. Most of it has garbage internet and shit infrastructure.
>>
>>1217504

Tassie? Hobart. Or, 45min~ drive south of it for fauna and shit. Plenty of good hiking trails around. Don't live north of Creek Rd, it's shit there.
>>
>>1217639
I actually liked Perth the most. I like Sydney the least, which is very surprising since everyone's always hyping the place.
>>
If you think Melbourne or Sydney is just like any similar sized city, then you never lived in either of them.

Head to tassie. Might be a bit colder then where you've been but it's truly different from the rest of the mainland. Nature is just there at your doorstep. Me and a lot of friends from Sydney do /out/ there.
>>
Honest question.

How do guys just MOVE cities like that? Genuinely curious, not being an ass. Like to me it seems so hard and impossible to just up and move somewhere else. I live in Newcastle and have plans to get out of here one day, but I have no idea where to begin.
>>
>>1217824
Oh and by the way, even though Newcastle has a reputation of being a shithole, I can tell you it's vastly exaggerated and it's a good example of a "regional" city. You don't have to travel very far inland to find some nice natural places, and the "city" itself is more like a large town with awesome beaches to boot.

Just a suggestion to consider
>>
>>1217824
- Find a job somewhere else.
- Find a place to stay where you're going.
- Start figuring out what to do with your shit (selling, donating, storing, keeping).
- Find a way of transporting everything (I can get everything into a sedan, but you could hire a van for the weekend).

That's it, really.
>>
>>1217853
The job part is gonna screw me desu. But hopefully I will manage with a couple of years of NEET savings and then push real hard for a job after I move.

Probably gonna go to England with an ancestry visa and a fuckload and money
>>
>>1217931
>then push real hard for a job after I move
>probably gonna go to England
If you get the visa, that's alright. But be advised that most landlords will not accept you as a tenant if you do not have a fixed contract somewhere. A friend of mine is regularly earning £2000/month as freelancer (living in a place that's not London) and she had a LOT of difficulties in finding a flat, just because landlords argued she *might* start making less than £600/month for rent & bills. Never mind that she had quite a bit of money saved up.
>>
>>1217936
Well my girlfriend is going to attend Oxford so I will likely be living there with her while she attends (not on campus, I wouldn't be allowed then), so hopefully that allows me to circumvent the landlord issue.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.