[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How expensive is it really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

How expensive is it really?
>>
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Switzerland
>>
>>1217259
https://www.priceoftravel.com/82/switzerland/zurich-prices
But it's on the absolute low end, I would say 300 CHF per day and person for a ok tier trip.
ok hotel, sit down meal, attractions and some drinking/going out.
If you plan to hit the meme bernese upperland attractions like Jungfrau from interlaken bring another 100 CHF per day as the mountain trains/cable ways alone will cost you that for a trip.
>>
I'm swiss. These numbers are accurate >>1217269
>>
>>1217259
Geneva is like fuckin NY on speed. I'm living here for a study abroad and its some expensive shit
>>
fucking expensive
>>
Swiss here, the numbers are pretty accurate. Good thing you're easily earning 60K+ out of university (which costs practically nothing).
>>
>>1217322
You even get 60k with a callcenter job or in almost any trade.
>>
How much should I budget for about 4 days?
>>
>>1217659
Somebody literally posted that in the thread already lmao
>>
It's literally the most expensive place on earth. 1 franc equals a dollar just about so a Starbucks coffee is like 8 francs. I'll never forget getting off the train craving coffee and then seeing that. You can get a private room in a hostel in Geneva for 90 francs which isn't bad. I just get hotel rooms in Switzerland because fuck paying 50 bucks a night to sleep with a bunch of old people on business
>>
How's the currency acceptance there?
Do places accept Euro fairly easily or do they only accept francs?
>>
>>1217838
Most places accept euros at a 1:1 rate and you will get change in CHF.
>>
>>1217866
That's nice to hear.
And to use the change, I'm guessing they accept a mix of CHF and Euros (say, 3,50CHF + 4,50Euros to pay for a 8CHF purchase)?
>>
>>1217880
No, stores accept euro notes only as banks don't accept coins.
Some vending machines might accept euro coins but that's it.
>>
>>1217259
Is there a recommended guide for Americans that wants to move and live in Switzerland?
>>
>>1218329
No but it's a super simple:
1. We are full
2. Don't come
Thank you.
>>
>>1218356
Is there a guide for Somalis moving to Switzerland for welfare and gf?
>>
>>1217276
>meme bernese upperland attractions like Jungfrau from interlaken
Which alpine regions in Switzerland are better?
>>
>>1218495
The region is beautiful but it just feels like going to Disneyland. They know what they have and rip you off accordingly as people go there for the same "must have pics".

There're other places as beautiful and not so overrun like:
Walensee Region:
Braunwald, Kerenzerberge etc just the entire canton of Glarus pic related
Grischun:
Places like Klosters, Laax, San Bernadino, Swiss National Park at Val Mustair...
Vaud:
Les Diablerets, Villars
Valais:
Saas Fee, Sion, Obergoms and so many more...

All of them have one thing in common, they get packed in winter but in spring/summer you get awesome deals and so much more for your money.
>>
>>1218329
Getting a permit to work in switzerland is next to impossible so you won't be able to unless you're in an incredibly high skilled job.
>>
>>1218329
it isn't america, they have to want you, or you find a swiss girl and knock her up and manage to stay married for 5 years
>>
>>1218696
Very similar to america actually, moving to the US legally is very difficult and they make you jump through a lot of hoops.
>>
>>1217259
Not sure how I feel about a lot of things having to do with Switzerland, but their flag is certainly a big plus.
>>
>>1217831
How much would you pay for the coffee equivalent in the US?
>>
>>1217831
Zurichfag here. It's expensive here but in my experience Norway is worse. Oslo is even more ridiculously expensive than Zurich.
>>
>>1218716
That's why most people just hop the border and have sex like feral animals
>>
>>1218511
met some guys who basically stealth camped in hammocks all around switzerland for a month. They had train passes or something to get em a deal, but claimed to only have spent like $300 around the country over the course of the month. Obviously skipped zurich and geneva though.
>>
>>1218759
>met some guys who basically stealth camped in hammocks all around switzerland for a month
Lucky guy if he never got caught. I wouldn't risk up to 3k CHF fines for this.

>They had train passes or something to get em a deal,
This pass isn't cheap either, 200-500 CHF
https://www.swiss-pass.ch/swiss-flexi-pass/

>but claimed to only have spent like $300 around the country over the course of the month
Unless he went dumpster diving for every single meal this is not possible. That's 10 CHF per day, that's a Kebab without a drink or a small bread(250g), a can of ravioli and 2-3 apples. No money for any entry fees, attractions, not even enough for a local transport day ticket or a small beer in a pub.
Is it possible? yes. Is it enjoyable? Not really. Just your typical total bum tier trip, like a Las Vegas weekend with exactly $50 left in your pocket.
>>
>>1218694
My guess, as an American, is that this is one of our "oppressed" liberals.

The only incredibly high skill they have is gender studies and smoking weed. Don't let this fool in.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.