[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Montreal??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (14KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 275x183px
Cool places in Montreal for a 23 yr old kid and his gf to see? Looking for activities that aren't usually listed in a travel guide.
>>
>>1217147
Mount Royal is a good place even if it's probably in the travel guide. You can easily reach there with a bus from the metro station.

Montreal has a few ''escape the room'' activities which you can easily reach from downtown, if you and your gf are into that.

If you can be more specific in what you are looking for, I could help better. Will you have a car or are you travelling only by bus/metro?
>>
She's 20 so traveling to Canada is essentially her 21st bday in advance. Any cool bars?... we are going sunday to wednesday so unfortunately night clubs won't be an option... ill be driving so even a day trip type excursion could work.. plus I'm a foodie so if you have any restaurantsuggestions worth going to I'm all ears!!
>>
>>1217512
Forget the nightclubs indeed but ''Les 3 brasseurs'' could be a good place to go. It's comfy, booze is good and food is too. Just go to Centropolis on the north shore of Montreal and you'll find this one and other bars/restaurants too. It's right next to the major highway.

For very delicious food, I could eat at Schwartz everyday, but that's just me. Big plate of smoked meat and cherry coke is my favorite. Parking can be difficult there thought.

If you are into poutine, do not get fooled by any kind of restaurant that serves them. The very bests are usually from very small local pizzerias/restaurants.

I'd definitely suggest if you are into a road trip to go up north of Montreal. 50km up north and you're into Laurentian mountains which is much much better looking than Montreal. There is about 250 km one-way of nice and comfy road.

Let me know your thoughts, I will follow up on this thread
>>
I was there in summer a few years ago so not sure what will be happening now.

Mont royal was cool, the lookout over the city is sweet. There was also a drum circle at the bottom one day, not sure what day it was though but was interesting.

Piknik elektronik was on and a good day.

Fou fou elektronik was a cool 3 level bar that was open every day of the week. There's also a bar called apartment 200 or something, open mid week as far as I can remember with a crowd your age. Good music and arcade games.
There was this massive 5 level bar/ restaurant that opened out into this sick beer garden with about 5 other bars around it. Can't remember the name but it was on st Laurent I believe.

You could also try o.noir for dinner
>>
>>1217578

Terrible advice generally speaking. North shore is a dump. Schwartz is only for tourists, locals don't go there. Poutine at pizza joints? Best way to get sick. The "nice and comfy" roads going north are usually traffic jams if you don't plan it right.

>>1217596
Mont Royal is worth it, but the drums (Tam tam) are only during summers on Sundays. Same for Piknik electronic.
The bar this chap is thinking about is Foufounes Electriques and yes, it's open every night. Also check out Cafe Campus on Tuesdays, and Apartement 200 any night. St-Laurent St (north of Sherbrooke) and St-Denis St (South of Sherbrooke) is usually where most of the bars are located. The Gay Village can be surprising too (look up Renard for example. Not a gay bar). The massive 5-level bar this guys is talking about is St Sulpice. Good any night too.
>>
>>1217617

OP Anon mentionned they'll be driving their car, they are tourists and they will not be here during the major traffic jams on Thursdays and Fridays. Highway 15 up north is only an issue on Sundays when you comeback down to Montreal.

Your counter advice is terrible m8, generally speaking.
>>
>>1217638

Have you ever driven from downtown to just north of Laval around 5pm on any day of the week?

Anon can do whatever he wants, including dying in traffic if that's his preference. This Montreal-born motherfucker will stick to his invaluable advice.
>>
Lmao as an American I find it extremely entertaining to see Canadians fight. I thought you guys just said sorry all the time.
>>
>>1217781
just wait for the toronto people to show up, they're already late
>>
>>1217617
>locals don't go there
Lies.
>>
>>1217147
Free concerts at Mcgill university

Great boxing occasionally
>>
OP: you should specify your dates. There's a lot of festivals and events in Montreal that can make a fair amount of difference in what you'll end up doing here.
>>
March 12th to the 15th
>>
>>1219132

Sunday to Wednesday, srsly?
>>
>>1217147
Try to hit up a Portuguese restaurant in the plateau. Douro is one of the better ones, I'd say.
>>
Had to go around spring break and work schedules. Not the best day ik
>>
>>1217617
I've been to Schwartz every time I went to MTL. Used to go to Ben's before they closed. Get poutine at La Belle Province though some people will point out other places.
>>
>>1217596

Its "foufoune électrique"
>>
>>1219505

Romados is cheaper and quite good as well. Porto style

Less... Chic
On Rachel Street
>>
File: lmao fucking treelets.jpg (440KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lmao fucking treelets.jpg
440KB, 1600x1200px
So glad to see this thread. Parents, sister and I (all adults) are headed up there from Burlington Vermont for the weekend March 17th-19th to celebrate my birthday. We've never been before and it seemed like an interesting place.

I'm a Film major going to Champlain College so I've been looking for some film museums and found some cool stuff, but as far as events/film & art festivals I've had no such luck as they seem to be more in mid febuary/late april and literally every other time of the year. Any suggestions for film-related activities or good cinema?

Also as far as restaurants go I can't really drink because of a medical problem, so really just looking for quality food at around $30/plate. We'll be staying in a hotel downtown but I really would like to explore the older more "authentic" parts of the city, and find some good outdoor areas to explore if the weather is nice.

Any suggestions?
>>
You do know this thread is about montreal and not Burlington VT right?
>>
My kids loved the botanical garden and the insect museum.
>>
>>1221158
Is it boring for adults? Anyone here been to the Biodome?
>>
>>1221158
>>1221169
Nigga I spent whole summers of my childhood at the biodome. I fucking love this place.
Worth visiting in my opinion if you love animals. The garden is neat too, sometimes I bring dates there.
>>
>>1221148
They are nearby,just cross the border with passport in hand.
>>
>>1221148
its a great place anon!
>>
This might be a dumb question but is there a bad part of Montreal that I need to avoid? Anywhere I might get jumped or shanked or some shit? I feel like Canada doesn't have that shit but maybe that's just me being an ignorant American.
>>
>>1221988
Not to much. Maybe Griffintown or Hochalaga-Maisoneuve.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.